None
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
1651 posts
663 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Motoss wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 4:07 pm
This has been disproven many many pages ago. If you are still sceptical I suggest you spend some time perhaps with a glass of wine at night and read the last 50 pages.
You actually think you disproved axiomatic economic truths and I'm the troll. Well there we have it. Three PhD economists from UBC easily disproved on RFD forums. Yea, I'm the troll lol.
Can more housing supply resolve the affordability crisis in Vancouver?
Thomas Davidoff and Tsur Somerville are associate professors in the University of British Columbia's Sauder School of Business. Joshua D. Gottlieb is an associate professor in the University of British Columbia's Vancouver School of Economics
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1924 posts
900 upvotes
Motoss wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 4:07 pm
This has been disproven many many pages ago. If you are still sceptical I suggest you spend some time perhaps with a glass of wine at night and read the last 50 pages.
zakarydoks wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 4:16 pm
You actually think you disproved axiomatic economic truths and I'm the troll. Well there we have it. Three PhD economists from UBC easily disproved on RFD forums. Yea, I'm the troll lol.
Thomas Davidoff and Tsur Somerville are associate professors in the University of British Columbia's Sauder School of Business. Joshua D. Gottlieb is an associate professor in the University of British Columbia's Vancouver School of Economics
Personally no I did not, however lots of articles posted in this thread have. Any other questions? Stop trolling.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
1651 posts
663 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Motoss wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 5:32 pm
Personally no I did not, however lots of articles posted in this thread have. Any other questions? Stop trolling.
Articles posted by you that did not disprove anything. Facts you don't like you dismiss as disproved and trolling. You have no solution except to ban foreign investment.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1924 posts
900 upvotes
zakarydoks wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 5:44 pm
Articles posted by you that did not disprove anything. Facts you don't like you dismiss as disproved and trolling. You have no solution except to ban foreign investment.
Do you like going in circles? This has been disproven many many times. Stop trolling.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
1651 posts
663 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Motoss wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 6:46 pm
Do you like going in circles? This has been disproven many many times. Stop trolling.
Circles are fine! I like make reiterating good info because not everyone had a chance to read it the first time around.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1924 posts
900 upvotes
zakarydoks wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 8:23 pm
Circles are fine! I like make reiterating good info because not everyone had a chance to read it the first time around.
It’s already been disproven - stop trolling.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
1651 posts
663 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Motoss wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 8:30 pm
You and nothing you posted disproved anything.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5009 posts
3281 upvotes
Vancouver
NDP government is going to make every single homeowner in BC public information via a free searchable database easily accessible by anyone from their home computer (or by foreign governments). It is going to get a lot harder to launder illegal funds in this province. Once that illicit money starts flowing out things should get interesting.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1924 posts
900 upvotes
zakarydoks wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 8:58 pm
You and nothing you posted disproved anything.
Like I said it’s all in this thread - you know It and I know it. Stop trolling.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 9, 2009
7671 posts
4584 upvotes
adamtheman wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 9:49 pm
NDP government is going to make every single homeowner in BC public information via a free searchable database easily accessible by anyone from their home computer (or by foreign governments). It is going to get a lot harder to launder illegal funds in this province. Once that illicit money starts flowing out things should get interesting.
LOL NDP huh -- lets see how this goes..
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
1651 posts
663 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Motoss wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 10:00 pm
Like I said it’s all in this thread - you know It and I know it. Stop trolling.
Not trolling, just facts that you don't like like! Like this!

A prominent view attributes high prices exclusively to outside investors. This view holds that we cannot have a supply problem because housing starts are at a record high. Housing starts are indeed high relative to historical levels and prices have continued to rise. But that only tells us that demand growth exceeds new supply. The right question is what the price level would be without this new supply. And the right question for policy makers is: How would prices change if housing supply were to expand?
Aug 3, 2006
590 posts
383 upvotes
zakarydoks wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 12:10 am
I'm actually excited that the NDP is wasting money on giving away sensitive information of citizens. They are one seat away from getting booted.
Expected loss of long-time NDP MLA could threaten B.C.’s minority government

Hearing today that Leonard Krog is planning to continue as MLA until after civic election in Nanaimo. If BC Liberals squawk, Krog can cite precedent set by BC Liberal MLA Jordan Sturdy, who did double duty as MLA and mayor of Pemberton for 18 months 2013-14.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1924 posts
900 upvotes
zakarydoks wrote:
Jun 21st, 2018 12:06 am
Not trolling, just facts that you don't like like! Like this!

A prominent view attributes high prices exclusively to outside investors. This view holds that we cannot have a supply problem because housing starts are at a record high. Housing starts are indeed high relative to historical levels and prices have continued to rise. But that only tells us that demand growth exceeds new supply. The right question is what the price level would be without this new supply. And the right question for policy makers is: How would prices change if housing supply were to expand?
You are indeed trolling - stop. I’m also still waiting for you to answer your other claims 6 pages back, but I won’t hold my breath - stop trolling.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
4665 posts
1527 upvotes
Motoss wrote:
Jun 20th, 2018 8:30 pm
People who are truly concerned about the liveability and future of Vancouver should be very cautious before accepting any information provided by the named "professors" such as Davidoff, Somerville and Gottlieb. If you read these people's backgrounds and listen to their approach, you will soon learn that they have no allegiance or loyalty to Vancouver and that what they are recommending is very harmful to the locals residents of Vancouver. Anyone who loves this City or wants to see it restored to some sense of liveability would not implement any of their recommendations. Professors may have had some credibility at one time but it is not the same today. Today you really need to pay close attention to where the information is really coming from and what it is being used for. The smart people know what's going on and as more and more people get hurt, others are starting to see it too.