None
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3463 posts
1608 upvotes
Vancouver
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 9:35 am
Certainly even with expats leaving in droves due to Western currency crash, overseas investors seem to prefer third world country dictatorships instead of Nazi BC government.
Yet you want to buy a condo here... again, WHY? Still waiting for an answer.
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 9:35 am
Canada- a country of losers... or rather pathetic government. The only thing government is doing relatively well is importing immigrants.... but how long is this going to last?
So why don't you renounce your Canadian citizenship, loser? Go back to your beloved Serbia!
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3463 posts
1608 upvotes
Vancouver
JayLove06 wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 10:15 pm
And if this does happen and things really fall off a cliff, who will be held accountable? You can fix the problem without tanking the market and alienating well meaning foreigners.
"well meaning foreigners" Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
Suuuuuuuure, without well meaning money launderers (foreign or local, they're all the same to me) Canadians would be starving... we'd be worse than Somalia... or Serbia...
Oh, man, the RE bulls keep me so entertained...
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
11197 posts
4579 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
notenoughsleep wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 8:48 pm
It's painful if you bought at the peak, but if you had bought in the years prior, you're still ahead. 10% is not that bad, but if it continues to go down and people start bailing, it will really start snowballing.
But 10% seems to be a cooked up number in many cases as we have seen from the various stories of houses selling for much less than what it was purchased for just a few years ago.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2004
5071 posts
3415 upvotes
Vancouver
charlesd79 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 2:03 am

So why don't you renounce your Canadian citizenship, loser? Go back to your beloved Serbia!
Because Canada is his backup-backup country, of course. When he is done burning bridges wherever he is then he will come running back to Canada.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3463 posts
1608 upvotes
Vancouver
adamtheman wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 2:17 am
Because Canada is his backup-backup country, of course. When he is done burning bridges wherever he is then he will come running back to Canada.
Well, it was a rhetorical question in the first place... I've met lots of immigrants like him, if I could I would strip them of their citizenship and send them all back to where they came from. What's funny is that most of them come from 3rd world countries like Serbia, Romania etc., I've never met a German or an English immigrant bashing Canada.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2967 posts
2358 upvotes
charlesd79 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 2:03 am

Not sure who the real loser is in this whole situation. Some guy whinging about real estate he can't afford while posting pictures of his rental literally in the middle of nowhere, or me who while enjoying and reaping the benefits of another country a renter like youtself was paying off my downtown condo mortgage.

As for Serbia, real estate seems to be doing fine. We got St Regis.....what did Romania get?

But the best thing is I'll keep posting from Thailand while my Toronto real estate will keep appreciating....and there is nothing you can do about it. Nothing at all :)
adamtheman wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 2:17 am
Yes. So what? At least I got plan B unlike you pathetic renters. When I come back, I'll be back in my paid off condo.

And I didn't burn any Bridges whatsoever. If I did, I would have sold when I left, instead I let the renter pay off my mortgage while enjoying nice appreciation (and paying taxes, of course). See post above.

You guys are just unbelievably sad. Having an opinion on the forum is burning bridges. Clueless, lol
Dec 30, 2012
886 posts
950 upvotes
Toronto
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 4th, 2019 9:16 pm
And it's not nice to call a country a a shithole. There are real people living here with with some part of the population going through unimaginable struggles.
I thought you said every Thai peasant can afford Toronto condos?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2967 posts
2358 upvotes
civiclease wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 3:01 am
I thought you said every Thai peasant can afford Toronto condos?
Yes. That wasn't entirely true for sure, but farmers with their land value could... .although since I posted that I'm not sure anymore as prices have skyrocketed.
Dec 30, 2012
886 posts
950 upvotes
Toronto
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 2:52 am
At least I got plan B unlike you pathetic renters. When I come back, I'll be back in my paid off condo.
What’s more pathetic? Renting a condo, or being a middle aged man having hissy fits online, calling other posters gay (what is this, a highschool in 1977?), and making creepy remarks about women half his age?

Do you maybe understand why some native-born Canadians are becoming tired of the handing out of citizenships like confetti to people with no loyalty or regard for the country?
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2967 posts
2358 upvotes
civiclease wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 3:18 am
What’s more pathetic? Renting a condo, or being a middle aged man having hissy fits online, calling other posters gay (what is this, a highschool in 1977?), and making creepy remarks about women half his age?

Do you maybe understand why some native-born Canadians are becoming tired of the handing out of citizenships like confetti to people with no loyalty or regard for the country?

Thank God, you have no decision on this matter. If you are getting tired of Canada handing out citizenships I suggest you take yoga or meditation cuz you'll be tired for a very long time.

Oh yes ...I forgot you're a racist.

And you're a real piece of work. You keep harping about something I said that was irrelevant to the topic but you keep bringing it up. What's women half my age got anything to do with this thread.

Oh yes, you're a hypocrite too.
Dec 30, 2012
886 posts
950 upvotes
Toronto
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 3:22 am
Thank God, you have no decision on this matter. If you are getting tired of Canada handing out citizenships I suggest you take yoga or meditation cuz you'll be tired for a very long time.

Oh yes ...I forgot you're a racist.
My point was that you are emblematic of the problems inherent in mass immigration of individuals without regard to character. Name-calling, how classy!
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2016
2967 posts
2358 upvotes
civiclease wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 3:31 am
My point was that you are emblematic of the problems inherent in mass immigration of individuals without regard to character. Name-calling, how classy!
You have no point since you register on RFD.

Name calling?

You seem to be obsessed by a relatively young wealthy Thai woman that you have to bring it up in every reply that you make. Who's really creepy here?

And she's not half my age, she is mid 30's which is barely quarter my age.

Man, you bears can't even do simple math. No wonder you fail in life.
Dec 30, 2012
886 posts
950 upvotes
Toronto
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 3:22 am
You keep harping about something I said that was irrelevant to the topic but you keep bringing it up. What's women half my age got anything to do with this thread.
I have not “harped on it” in the slightest. I haven’t mentioned it since your initial utterance. If you’re going to call people pathetic for making different life choices from yours and/or having different opinions or different financial means, you’re going to have to expect some push back with real examples from your posting history.

You have a habit of using terms of which it is evident you don’t understand the meaning. In calling me a hypocrite I believe you’re doing that once again.
Dec 30, 2012
886 posts
950 upvotes
Toronto
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 3:44 am
You have no point since you register on RFD.

Name calling?

You seem to be obsessed by a relatively young wealthy Thai woman that you have to bring it up in every reply that you make. Who's really creepy here?

Lol what? I made one remark about it when the comment was made and that was it. You’re hallucinating about comments that were either never made by me (perhaps by someone else here?), or never made period.
Dec 30, 2012
886 posts
950 upvotes
Toronto
BiegeToyota wrote:
Jun 5th, 2019 3:44 am

Face With Tears Of Joy