• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2012 8:53 pm
Jul 20, 2005
8 posts
SURREY

[Shaw] Vancouver: Shaw Cable+internet+Phone for 29.99

Hi,

There is a promotion going on..

Shaw Basic Cable + High Speed Internet + Basic Home Phone for just 29.99 for the Tenants staying in basement.

Enjoy this deal..
9 replies
May 26, 2003
355 posts
11 upvotes
Six months or 12 months? Has to be in basement?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1283 posts
345 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For what tenants staying in the basement?
This post is useless with no link and no other info.
Jul 21, 2006
456 posts
15 upvotes
It's all to get tenants who stay in peoples homes to pay for cable rather than sharing the cable of the home they are in. It is a cash grab. I think Shaw is scared now that many people are renting units in peoples homes, that they are missing out on potential revenue. Most people will just share within the same home, who would voluntarily pay for something they are already getting.
Dec 31, 2006
19 posts
1 upvote
dpolites wrote:
Oct 16th, 2011 5:53 pm
It's all to get tenants who stay in peoples homes to pay for cable rather than sharing the cable of the home they are in. It is a cash grab. I think Shaw is scared now that many people are renting units in peoples homes, that they are missing out on potential revenue. Most people will just share within the same home, who would voluntarily pay for something they are already getting.

haha it is not a cash grab at all.I am on this plan and in a basement. We were sharing the cable but paid for crappy internet and phone through Telus for around $50 a month. So now with this for $20 less I get the TV, better internet and phone. It's a great deal to me.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
1798 posts
376 upvotes
Toronto
Now the homeowner will just share off the tenants plan and dump theirs.....
Apr 4, 2003
128 posts
1 upvote
Vancouver
Great deal! How do we sign up for this?
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
3593 posts
496 upvotes
BC
Sounds great, but need the term.
If this is perm, then I'm in balls deep.
Dec 15, 2007
248 posts
27 upvotes
GiantBear wrote:
Oct 16th, 2011 8:04 pm
Great deal! How do we sign up for this?
Call Shaw and talk to a CS rep then tell them that your a tenant leaving in basement suite and tell em about this program. They will then ask for a proof of you being a tenant e.g. like renters agreement/receipt then fax it in or if you don't want this hassle just simply visit any Shaw Retail store along with your proofs. This deal is been out long time ago and offered by Shaw Auditors. You don't need any promo code at all or a direct mailer as long as you meet the criteria.
Feb 27, 2011
15 posts
1 upvote
I talked to Shaw about this deal earlier this month. Not all Customer Service reps know about it, but it DOES exist. The only catch is that your landlord must live in the same house and must use Shaw for internet, cable TV, AND phone service. My landlord doesn't have Shaw internet, so we weren't eligible. Also, your landlord needs to apply for this deal for you, and then the service is billed to them. Then your landlord can simply add $30 to your monthly rent (if they so choose). It's not a bad way for landlords to offer these services to their tenants for an affordable price, but it's a shame that you can't really initiate this deal as a tenant. However, if you are on good terms with your landlord, it is definitely something worth discussing with them.
× < >