45 upvotes
Surrey

Vancouver Symphony Orchestra - more $10 tickets for Jan

Deal Link:
Price:
$10
Expiry:
January 22, 2018
Super cheap date idea to take in some culture!

Last edited by vivian58 on Jan 12th, 2018 2:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
37 replies
Sep 3, 2010
64 posts
22 upvotes
This is great and I recommend everyone to give it a try, Doesn't hurt to take a break from movies, gaming, tv drama/netflix and enjoy live musical performance ! You are also supporting Vancouver symphony in a way :D
May 12, 2007
153 posts
35 upvotes
Thanks, I've been wanting to go for a while!
Jan 23, 2016
12 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
never been to a concert, what ppl wear? suit? what seats are good in The Orpheum
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
14960 posts
11034 upvotes
Toronto
daikon wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:21 am
never been to a concert, what ppl wear? suit? what seats are good in The Orpheum
Q: Is there a dress code at Symphony concerts?
A: No there is not, unless the concert is a gala special event. Casual attire is acceptable within the limits of cleanliness and propriety. Getting all gussied up for a big night out with that special someone can be great fun!

http://www.vancouversymphony.ca/concerts/ticketing-faq/
Rex, eat the salad.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
19918 posts
131644 upvotes
GTA
daikon wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 4:21 am
If the Vancouver Symphony crowd is anything like the Toronto crowd, if you wear a suit, I can tell you you will likely be only one of a handful wearing one. After having not attended a Toronto performance in many years, I went last year and felt overdressed in dress shirt/dress pants compared to the others in attendance. I wouldn't exactly show up in a track suit, but even jeans and a button-up shirt should be fine.
May 12, 2012
244 posts
177 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
toguy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:28 am
If the Vancouver Symphony crowd is anything like the Toronto crowd, if you wear a suit, I can tell you you will likely be only one of a handful wearing one. After having not attended a Toronto performance in many years, I went last year and felt overdressed in dress shirt/dress pants compared to the others in attendance. I wouldn't exactly show up in a track suit, but even jeans and a button-up shirt should be fine.
I know what you mean. We dressed up fairly nicely and were very out of place. I was able to put my blazer in the car and she wore a simple black dress but there were people there in jeans and t-shirts. I was very taken aback by it. Went to a gala event though and everyone there was dressed much nicer.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1149 posts
246 upvotes
They are also playing Brahms' no. 1. One of his best. If they are having trouble selling this program, they must be really hurting in attendance.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1340 posts
394 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thanks OP, in for 2. Always wanted to go, really looking forward to this!

Sybil: You could have had them both done by now if you hadn't spent the whole morning skulking in there listening to that racket.
Basil: Racket? That's Brahms! Brahms' Third Racket!
Sep 14, 2009
148 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
Booked for the 15th, thanks for the heads up.
Dec 15, 2014
265 posts
113 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
What area is the best to sit?
Sep 15, 2016
135 posts
54 upvotes
Thanks op. Always trying to be more cultured and supporting of the arts.
Nov 13, 2006
708 posts
146 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Thanks oP!
Beware the RFD Effect

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)