• Jan 18th, 2018 2:58 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11470 posts
1636 upvotes
City of Vancouver
toguy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:28 am
If the Vancouver Symphony crowd is anything like the Toronto crowd, if you wear a suit, I can tell you you will likely be only one of a handful wearing one. After having not attended a Toronto performance in many years, I went last year and felt overdressed in dress shirt/dress pants compared to the others in attendance. I wouldn't exactly show up in a track suit, but even jeans and a button-up shirt should be fine.
People here r not dressed up.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Jul 30, 2007
214 posts
68 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks OP. We've been a couple of times in the past and enjoyed it very much.

Just curious as to how to obtain codes like this in the future? Is it as simple as signing up on their mailing list?
Nov 4, 2016
425 posts
246 upvotes
Tempted. But I resisted since I am not a classical music fan and will probably fall asleep.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
[OP]
Sep 2, 2007
10 posts
45 upvotes
Surrey
rockychocbill wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 6:32 pm
Just curious as to how to obtain codes like this in the future? Is it as simple as signing up on their mailing list?
Yea I'm just on their email list, but I don't recall ever seeing such a good promo before.
LuckBox wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:00 pm
What area is the best to sit?
Dress circle is the best but it's excluded from this promo. Otherwise it's like any other theatre seating.

Here also are 360 degree views of the Orpheum:
http://www.360bc.ca/vt/OrpheumTheatreVa ... /index.htm
May 1, 2017
12 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks for this. Normal price looks to be $45
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13161 posts
1830 upvotes
Students used to be able to get $10 tickets from remaining unsold seats. I believe it's now $15 and restricted to young adults.

January is usually a slow month for spending since people are recovering financially from the holidays.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Mar 26, 2015
105 posts
7 upvotes
North York, ON
toguy wrote:
Jan 12th, 2018 5:28 am
If the Vancouver Symphony crowd is anything like the Toronto crowd, if you wear a suit, I can tell you you will likely be only one of a handful wearing one. After having not attended a Toronto performance in many years, I went last year and felt overdressed in dress shirt/dress pants compared to the others in attendance. I wouldn't exactly show up in a track suit, but even jeans and a button-up shirt should be fine.
It also depends on which day you go on, the weekday events are significantly more casual (I guess because a lot of people are coming from work) whereas I find that people dress up a lot more on the weekend. It does get dressy on the weekend, I have felt under dressed there.
Oct 4, 2010
319 posts
78 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks. We should have a rfd gathering during intermission.

From experience I don't mind where I'm seated because the acoustics is phenomenal throughout the Orpheum
Dec 17, 2006
280 posts
49 upvotes
Thanks OP!

Just got back from the symphony... the "Dvořák, Cello Concerto in B minor*" was amazing with Tanja Tetzlaff.

I highly recommend the Monday night showing.
Nov 14, 2017
46 posts
63 upvotes
djamm wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 1:56 am
Thanks OP!

Just got back from the symphony... the "Dvořák, Cello Concerto in B minor*" was amazing with Tanja Tetzlaff.

I highly recommend the Monday night showing.
Agreed!

Thank you so much OP! I have long been a dabbler of classical music, and more recently I started watching Mozart in the Jungle on Amazon Prime Video and found my love for it expanding and growing. I took my mother to the symphony tonightand we had an absolute blast! The cello concerto and Brahm's first symphony were mind-blowing. Highly recommend this to anyone thinking of going, for ten dollars, it is a NO BRAINER!
Oct 28, 2009
52 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby,BC
Thanks, OP.

Question Can I purchase $10 ticket for my son? It looks like the section one child seat ticket is $52 lol.
May 23, 2014
837 posts
423 upvotes
canada
bdsr wrote:
Jan 14th, 2018 2:54 am
Thanks, OP.

Question Can I purchase $10 ticket for my son? It looks like the section one child seat ticket is $52 lol.
Get him an adult ticket.
Jan 17, 2010
718 posts
171 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
last night was great! thanks OP.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)