Hot Deals

[Various] HOT Sony X900E series 4k TVs BF pricing Live (Bestbuy offering 10% back as giftcard)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 10:52 pm
Jan 19, 2007
73 posts
21 upvotes
Emgee wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:26 pm
I bought from Costco. If it's lower on BF, I'll be in store at the member service desk to get a price adjustment :D
I contacted Costco asking them about getting a price adjustment if I buy at the promotional price now (that ends Nov 23) if there's a lower price on the 24th (Black Friday). They replied "if i want to buy it at the sale price I should wait to purchase it during that sale period".

I sent them another email to clarify further.
Did you ever have any issues with their price adjustment policy?
Nov 14, 2005
40 posts
30 upvotes
nudniq wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:37 pm
I contacted Costco asking them about getting a price adjustment if I buy at the promotional price now (that ends Nov 23) if there's a lower price on the 24th (Black Friday). They replied "if i want to buy it at the sale price I should wait to purchase it during that sale period".

I sent them another email to clarify further.
Did you ever have any issues with their price adjustment policy?
I haven't had issue with price adjustments in the past. But I haven't done an adjustment on a black friday price adjustment. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some exclusions or fine print saying they won't do price adjustments on BF specials. But if it's lower, I will go to the store and see what happens.

Very much a ... who knows. :)
Oct 1, 2007
207 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Endlesscc wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:32 pm
can't you always buy the $100 3 years warranty separately even tho you didn't buy the TV there?
Wow really? Is that a thing? I guess I would need to be a member though right?
Sep 9, 2008
200 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Emgee wrote:
I bought from Costco. If it's lower on BF, I'll be in store at the member service desk to get a price adjustment :D
this is my plan as well
all your staples coupons are belong to us
Aug 23, 2017
89 posts
42 upvotes
Zeitgeist7 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:43 pm
No. The extended warranty is sold for televisions bought exclusively at a warehouse or on Costco.ca
Aug 29, 2011
58 posts
24 upvotes
GTA
Emgee wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:42 pm
I haven't had issue with price adjustments in the past. But I haven't done an adjustment on a black friday price adjustment. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some exclusions or fine print saying they won't do price adjustments on BF specials. But if it's lower, I will go to the store and see what happens.

Very much a ... who knows. :)
If you are within the 90 day Costco return period you could just return it and repurchase. Likely not necessary as they are aware of this and will adjust the price.
The Duke
Jan 19, 2007
73 posts
21 upvotes
garytheduke wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:12 pm
If you are within the 90 day Costco return period you could just return it and repurchase. Likely not necessary as they are aware of this and will adjust the price.
Just got a response back from Costco: "if you order an item today and the same item is on sale within 30 days we will honour the sale price and credit you the difference"

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1803 posts
118 upvotes
Vancouver
Emgee wrote:
EngineNo9 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:48 pm
this is my plan as well
You will have to deal with Costco.ca directly. Because the 900-series is not sold in-store, the B&M locations will not do a price-adjustment.

GYR8
Feb 28, 2008
84 posts
11 upvotes
I was thinking of doing this also but am worried they won't have it on sale but other stores will. They don't price match other stores.
Nov 14, 2005
40 posts
30 upvotes
GYR8 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 2:48 pm
You will have to deal with Costco.ca directly. Because the 900-series is not sold in-store, the B&M locations will not do a price-adjustment.

GYR8
Even better, don't have to leave the house! :D
Jun 11, 2013
59 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Do you need a costco membership to buy the tv from costco.ca? And do you need membership in order to buy and use the extra warranties etc? Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
1867 posts
683 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:51 am
Bias lighting still helps. It eases eye strain. It's not just about improving the picture quality, which it does. It makes watching TV in a dark room much nicer. I highly recommend it, even for OLED.
It helps with eye strain but barely (almost statistically insignificant in the study.) However, it makes the picture quality worse for TVs that can display real black (no light) such as OLED or FALD. You will loose details in the dark with bias lighting. That's the purpose of bias lighting, make not-black things look black. With OLED or FALD, bias lighting will stop you from seeing the difference between almost-black and true-black.
"A Eruchîn, ú-dano i faelas a hyn an uben tanatha le faelas!" -- Aragorn
Hath no loyalty to any ISP, for you shall receive none!
Oct 11, 2015
73 posts
11 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Zeitgeist7 wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:43 pm
yea has to be member
Oct 11, 2015
73 posts
11 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
kgvaughan wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 1:49 pm
No. The extended warranty is sold for televisions bought exclusively at a warehouse or on Costco.ca
my bad. I thought few years ago when I bought my TV at best i could buy this $99 warranty at Costco and be covered .. hmmmm