Hot Deals

[Various] HOT Sony X900E series 4k TVs BF pricing Live (Bestbuy offering 10% back as giftcard)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 2:18 am
Jun 12, 2009
113 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
i just bought the 55" from Costco $1598. if it goes down $1299 on BF i just plan to buy it again and return my current order. but hopefully costco will just price adjust as its within the 30 day period
Deal Expert
Nov 7, 2003
17743 posts
201 upvotes
YVR
junkyard dog wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 10:47 pm
i just bought the 55" from Costco $1598. if it goes down $1299 on BF i just plan to buy it again and return my current order. but hopefully costco will just price adjust as its within the 30 day period
You bought it online or at the store?
Jun 12, 2009
113 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
i bought it online with the $99 5 year warranty. visions was offering $1299 if I took the warranty....which was $310 plus $70 delivery so costco seemed like the better option
Nov 5, 2017
89 posts
21 upvotes
dethrock wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 9:10 pm
I think it’s been mentioned but I can’t remember. Does Costco online typically lower their TV prices for Black Friday? Looking at the 65” but I’d like to order it now and price adjust later.
Costco is an authorised dealer - They will lower their prices on BF to the price they are aloud to by Manufacturers.

In Canada all AUTHORISED dealers have prices they can go to and no lower. This is called MAP pricing (Minimum advertised pricing) this is in place so places like costco and bestbuy cannot demolish the pricing just because they have alot in stock.
It's like gas you can only sell so low.

Now the way around this is giving the stores a call or going in and talking as they can give you better deals because that techinically isn't "Advertising" a price.
Dec 16, 2008
523 posts
159 upvotes
Richmond Hill
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:53 am
Costco is an authorised dealer - They will lower their prices on BF to the price they are aloud to by Manufacturers.

In Canada all AUTHORISED dealers have prices they can go to and no lower. This is called MAP pricing (Minimum advertised pricing) this is in place so places like costco and bestbuy cannot demolish the pricing just because they have alot in stock.
It's like gas you can only sell so low.

Now the way around this is giving the stores a call or going in and talking as they can give you better deals because that techinically isn't "Advertising" a price.
You mean if I give a call to local Costco or Bestbuy, I can negotiate a lower price? Or your suggestion apples only to unauthorized dealers.
Nov 5, 2017
89 posts
21 upvotes
kooroshkabir wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:55 am
You mean if I give a call to local Costco or Bestbuy, I can negotiate a lower price? Or your suggestion apples only to unauthorized dealers.
You could try but seeing as its "Costco" and "Bestbuy" they might not lower it as they don't have to.
If you call Gibbys, Visions, 2001, Andres or another Local AUTHORISED dealer that isn't a big monopoly then you might have better chances.

I buy all my stuff from Gibbys as they ALWAYS give me a better than advertised price on everything I've purchased from them
Deal Fanatic
Apr 9, 2006
7329 posts
8171 upvotes
GT-EH
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 8:58 am
You could try but seeing as its "Costco" and "Bestbuy" they might not lower it as they don't have to.
If you call Gibbys, Visions, 2001, Andres or another Local AUTHORISED dealer that isn't a big monopoly then you might have better chances.

I buy all my stuff from Gibbys as they ALWAYS give me a better than advertised price on everything I've purchased from them
Last year, Best buy offered a ONE DAY DEAL on the Black Friday... a 10% kickback via best buy gift card with the purchase of any TV.
By doing this, they avoided the silly MAP pricing restriction set by the manufacturer and was able to offer something more for customers without any penalties.
I'm hoping they do something similar this year.
I just like to collect things! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
Nov 5, 2017
89 posts
21 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:30 am
Last year, Best buy offered a ONE DAY DEAL on the Black Friday... a 10% kickback via best buy gift card with the purchase of any TV.
By doing this, they avoided the silly MAP pricing restriction set by the manufacturer and was able to offer something more for customers without any penalties.
I'm hoping they do something similar this year.
This would be considered a MAP violation.
Feb 8, 2013
66 posts
9 upvotes
How about BF pricing on the XBR65X850E?

Much appreciated.....

Kev
Nov 3, 2013
229 posts
141 upvotes
Regina, SK
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:41 am
How the hell is giving a gift card a MAP violation. That doesn't make any sense.
Aug 23, 2017
89 posts
43 upvotes
JmonksF992799 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 9:41 am
I don't think so. Target used to circumvent Apple's policies by offering a gift card.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2002
1492 posts
105 upvotes
FYI to owners of this set: only HDMI slots 2 and 3 support 4K @ 60Hz with HDR. I wound up ordering a pair of AmazonBasics cables I didn't need, so hopefully I save some users $15. :lol:

After playing with the TV these past few days, I can confirm that games at 1080p look considerably worse than on a native 1080p display. It's not horrible, but it's definitely blurry; this is with GPU scaling off in nVidia Control Panel, so the TV's scaler is doing the work.

On the bright side, my PC seems to be holding up pretty well at 4K and games look pretty glorious. I also watched some UHD Netflix content that looks pretty freaking spectacular.

Very happy with the purchase overall.
Last edited by zabuza on Nov 14th, 2017 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 36 users viewing this thread. (20 members and 16 guests)

colourwolf, Aaaaaron, Meep, Clutch77, willy0275, Endlesscc, InDogWeTrust, patekevi120, omfgwtf, Sanek2k6, jdantez@hotmail.com, gcw23, amuseddaysleeper, Pikka, Cealess, aljavi, zenpig, SpecialBlend, fuzzdeals, aleks77