Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Various] HOT Sony X900E series 4k TVs Boxing day pricing same as BF.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 4:29 pm
May 7, 2007
118 posts
97 upvotes
Montreal
I was able to negociate the price of a xbr65x930e @ $2349

Pretty good considering it’s at $2400 USD on Bestbuy.com
Aug 21, 2005
659 posts
184 upvotes
Vancouver
Lynch wrote: I was able to negociate the price of a xbr65x930e @ $2349

Pretty good considering it’s at $2400 USD on Bestbuy.com
where?
Jan 16, 2011
796 posts
238 upvotes
Hamilton
This TV is driving me nuts. Anyone have a fix to keep the TV from switching back to internal speakers, and to stop it muting my AV receiver.
I may returning this thing if I can't get this figured out.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
superlink wrote: This TV is driving me nuts. Anyone have a fix to keep the TV from switching back to internal speakers, and to stop it muting my AV receiver.
Thanks.
I'm having trouble establishing an ARC connection between my 75X900E and my Denon S920W and was wondering if the problem was the receiver or this TV. I'm using a new 3' HDMI 2.0 cable that's rated for 4K@50/60HZ, dual-stream 1080p for 3D.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
2210 posts
696 upvotes
Edmonton
superlink wrote: This TV is driving me nuts. Anyone have a fix to keep the TV from switching back to internal speakers, and to stop it muting my AV receiver.
Thanks.
I'm using a Harmony remote to control everything and had similar issues. I have two devices connected to my receiver and 2 devices connected to the TV with audio over optical. What seemed to fix it for me was leave HDMI CEC control turned on on my receiver but turn off all Bravia HDMI device controls on the TV. There were two things I had to turn off in the same menu I think.

I stopped using ARC since that completely messed things up and settled with lower quality optical audio.

Fun fact: the Nintendo Switch can't send 5.1 audio over optical.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks.
Have you the disabled Eco setting on your receiver because some automatically shut down as an energy savings strategy if the receiver determines the TV is sending out a signal on the optical connection. This turns into a chicken and egg scenario (ie which came first?)
yadda, yadda, yadda
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
For anyone who bought at Best Buy and got their gift cards through email, can someone provide the sender email?

I got mine on Dec 13.. went to go use them today for a receicer and cannot find the email anymore. I am worried I accidentally swept to delete in the gmail app which gmail purges every 30 days.

I've sent an email to Best Buy to try and check them for me.. worried they won't help or the sale will be over before I get them back.

Hoping with the actual sender address I may have luck finding it. Though no luck with keywords bestbut best buy giftcard gift card.
Nov 30, 2017
469 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Do I need Costco membership if I wanted to buy the TV online?
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2008
1263 posts
267 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
JKCanada wrote: Do I need Costco membership if I wanted to buy the TV online?
No, but you pay a small % more, like 3% or something (you may consider just buying a Costco membership though)
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
JKCanada wrote: Do I need Costco membership if I wanted to buy the TV online?
Nope.

But if you have one near by it may be worth getting one for the points you could earn towards paying for the next membership. Also the tv could be cheaper in store.
Nov 30, 2017
469 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks guys. Is there an easy way to get Costco membership? Because I'm under the impression that you need a current member to refer you or something.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
JKCanada wrote: Thanks guys. Is there an easy way to get Costco membership? Because I'm under the impression that you need a current member to refer you or something.
Nope, anyone can sign up. You can do so online or in store.

online link

Often groupon has deals that includes a bunch of free stuff with a membership.
Nov 30, 2017
469 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks for everybody's help - got the TV and loving it. I am however noticing some stutter/lag as if some frames are dropped. It happens randomly and the video becomes less smooth for a second. It happens on 1080 content (4K too). I'm on the Standard picture settings and only dialed down the brightness and perhaps one other thing down. Anybody got any ideas?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)