Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[VARIOUS] Purchase Chromecast by July 2 to get $20 Google Play Credit

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2015 6:57 am
Deal Addict
May 13, 2009
4869 posts
9421 upvotes
Scarborough

[VARIOUS] Purchase Chromecast by July 2 to get $20 Google Play Credit

Saw this on BB, must purchase your chromecast before July 2 in order to get this offer. Not sure how Google knows if you bought it after May 29 or it was purchased from BB. My guess is if you have not activated your chromecast yet you might be able to claim $20? YMMV.

If that's true, then the best place to buy currently is from Amazon.ca because amazon does not charge the recycling fee. You will save 75 cents (for Ontario).

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/goo ... ce;5282015
[IMG]http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/Produc ... 294555.jpg[/IMG]

Give Dads and Grads the gift of music and movies with a $20 Google Play credit with purchase of a Chromecast.

Purchase a Chromecast Device between May 29th and July 2nd to qualify for the promotional credit.
Visit www.chromecast.com/offers to get the $20 credit added to your Google Wallet account.
Terms and Conditions
1. Good for one $20 Google Play credit.
2. Purchase one Chromecast to qualify for the promotional credit.
3. Not reloadable; no cash value. Offer expires on, and must be added to a Google Wallet account by August 2, 2015.
4. Once added, credit must be used on Google Play by August 2, 2016.

5. Devices excluded.
6. Offer good in Canada only.
7. Must be 13+ years old, Canadian resident, have Internet access, and have or activate a Google Wallet account.
8. Only five (5) total redemptions per household permitted.
Get a deal, share a deal
Happy Deal Hunting
99 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2011
3039 posts
1529 upvotes
Markham
Another $20 for existing ones? ;)
Deal Addict
May 13, 2009
4869 posts
9421 upvotes
Scarborough
Corleone187 wrote: Can you use the credit for movies or just apps?????
you can use the credits towards movies, music, apps, ebooks from the google play store.

just no hardware.

hope that helps =)
Get a deal, share a deal
Happy Deal Hunting
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2006
1686 posts
999 upvotes
I have one purchased last month.. have to try out check promo :P tonight
Nov 13, 2013
17 posts
5 upvotes
If you can claim the $20 credit by purchasing from anywhere, I think Chapters/Indigo has the best price with the Visa Checkout 20% off. Choose ship to store and it rings up at $36.16.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1576 posts
697 upvotes
"Only five (5) total redemptions per household permitted"

I take it that this really means per google account? So if I decide to purchase 5 chromecasts tomorrow, I can get $100 credit max. Right?
Dec 27, 2013
230 posts
213 upvotes
Planet Earth
AKies47 wrote: If you can claim the $20 credit by purchasing from anywhere, I think Chapters/Indigo has the best price with the Visa Checkout 20% off. Choose ship to store and it rings up at $36.16.
I believe they also offer FREE shipping to your door on orders over $25
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2009
1314 posts
289 upvotes
If one returns the item ... does the credit go away
Dec 28, 2006
587 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Hmmmm. got as chromecast from BB today but while my purchase receipt talks about the $20 when checking the offers using the url chromecast.com/offers I am only offered 3 things: Crunchyroll (30 day trial), Qello (30 day trial), Google Play Music (90 day of music)...! where is the $20?!?!
Jan 1, 2015
11 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kitkatneko wrote: Hmmmm. got as chromecast from BB today but while my purchase receipt talks about the $20 when checking the offers using the url chromecast.com/offers I am only offered 3 things: Crunchyroll (30 day trial), Qello (30 day trial), Google Play Music (90 day of music)...! where is the $20?!?!
I think the offer is not active yet. See here
https://support.google.com/chromecast/a ... 6?hl=en-CA
Mar 14, 2007
244 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
"Good for one $20 credit toward your Google Play balance with the purchase of one Chromecast from the Google Store in CA from June 2, 2015 to July 6, 2015. A promo code will be emailed after the device ships. "

Guess it's from Google Store only?
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1990 posts
1047 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks op. Got the $20 credit for a chromecast I bought a month ago.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10380 upvotes
More Google Play money I'll never use. Thanks though...

Nope. Crunchyroll trial, Google Play Music and some concert site is all available on mine. Will have to check the 2nd one sometime. I hardly ever use these what with all the rest of the streamers I own...
Dec 27, 2013
230 posts
213 upvotes
Planet Earth
Checked the offers available to me on my Chomecast and was successfully able to add the $20 to my account, along with a 90 day trial to Google music which I cancelled 20 minutes later. I had previously redeemed a $6 offer too, so now I have $26 I'll never use as I don't have an android phone or tablet. Too bad we can't use this credit to buy hardware. FYI, I've had my Chromecast for over a year.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
2682 posts
731 upvotes
Montreal
It's a good price, but keep in mind a Chromecast 2 has been rumoured for the last while.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
What does chrome cast 2 offer?
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
3295 posts
453 upvotes
I bought 4 Chromecasts a while ago and activated 3, and got the offer on all 3. Thanks OP!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
8862 posts
2693 upvotes
Vancouver
plucky duck wrote: What does chrome cast 2 offer?
Nothing yet, because it's groundless speculation based only on the fact that the current Chromecast has been unchanged for a relatively long time. Google didn't announce anything last week at Google I/O.

There are good reasons why Google hasn't released a Chromecast 2:

- It's easy for Google to update the firmware on the current Chromecast, which they do frequently.
- The current Chromecast is fast enough to handle 1080p video streaming - it's mainly constrained by WiFi bandwidth.
- They're not going to add things like an ethernet port or a remote control - that would make it a completely different product.
- They're not going to turn it into an Android device. That would also make it a completely different product.

So what's to change? About the only thing I've seen speculated is adding 5 GHz WiFi (current Chromecast is 2.4 GHz only). That wouldn't benefit most people, but it might benefit a few.

No point in adding 4K resolution. Too few sources, too few people have it, and the WiFi bandwidth wouldn't support it well.
Apr 13, 2005
350 posts
150 upvotes
Kitchener
FranklyPiper wrote: Checked the offers available to me on my Chomecast and was successfully able to add the $20 to my account, along with a 90 day trial to Google music which I cancelled 20 minutes later. I had previously redeemed a $6 offer too, so now I have $26 I'll never use as I don't have an android phone or tablet. Too bad we can't use this credit to buy hardware. FYI, I've had my Chromecast for over a year.
Google play movies and music is available on iOS. I think you atill need to make the purchase on the website, but I made my purchases and watched a few movies on my iPad.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)