Hot Deals

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 7:59 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2927 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
One more for the Atlantic crowd:

• [Oct 27 to Nov 2] - [ Lawtons (NL/NS/PE/NB) ] - Lawtons: Get 50 Bonus aIR mILES When You Purchase $100 In Lawtons GC's. Limit Of Two Bonus Offers Per Collector Number (Top Right Of Page 3) - 50 Bonus aIR mILES

naticom wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 8:40 am
You're very welcome. I really appreciate your compiling the info for everyone.

Just a reminder that the Metrotown bonus GC is $15.
Ugh, trying to copy and paste into templates late late at night on little sleep will do that sometimes. LOL

Thanks for the confirmation, updated in the main posting:

• [Oct 16 to Nov 1] - [ Metropolis At Metrotown (BC) ] - Mall Bonus GC: Buy $100 In Metropolis at Metrotown GC's & Get A $15 Bonus GC. The Email With Bonus Code Must Be Shown And Redeemed In-mall At Guest Services From Oct 16 Nov 1, 2017. This Code Cannot Be Redeemed Online. The Bonus Code Is Valid Only Once, For One Single Transaction - $15 Bonus GC

bluesforever99 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 11:08 pm
Appreciate the update. You're doing a great job on this thread.
Thanks for the thanks. :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2927 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Thanks to @Cospa for the thread in Freebies and @ZipSpeed for the Calgary confirmation in said thread, added Sherwood Park location to the mix:

• [Nov 4] - [ Esso/AMA ( Edmonton, AB - 3615 Calgary Tr) ] - Esso: First 500 People Aged 16 Or Older With A Current AMA Membership Between 11AM And 3PM Will Receive 1 Free $10 Esso GC. Reload Your Card Within 7 Days And Receive Another $10. Only One (1) GC Will Be Given To Each Member Under This Promotion And A Valid AMA Membership Card Must Be Shown To Receive The GC. (Promo Found Online At AMA's Website) - Free $10 Esso GC, Bonus $10 If Topped Up Within 7 Days
  • [Nov 4] - [ Esso/AMA (Sherwood Park, AB - #240 – 590 Baseline Rd) ] - Esso: First 500 People Aged 16 Or Older With A Current AMA Membership Between 11AM And 3PM Will Receive 1 Free $10 Esso GC. Reload Your Card Within 7 Days And Receive Another $10. Only One (1) GC Will Be Given To Each Member Under This Promotion And A Valid AMA Membership Card Must Be Shown To Receive The GC. (Promo Found Online At AMA's Website) - Free $10 Esso GC, Bonus $10 If Topped Up Within 7 Days
  • [Oct 28] - [ Esso/AMA (Calgary - 3803 17 Ave SW) ] - Esso: First 500 People Aged 16 Or Older With A Current AMA Membership Between 11AM And 3PM Will Receive 1 Free $10 Esso GC. Reload Your Card Within 7 Days And Receive Another $10. Only One (1) GC Will Be Given To Each Member Under This Promotion And A Valid AMA Membership Card Must Be Shown To Receive The GC. (Promo Found Online At AMA's Website) - Free $10 Esso GC, Bonus $10 If Topped Up Within 7 Days

Some bonus offers for Safeway/aIR mILES shoppers:

• [Oct 27 to Nov 2] - [ Safeway ] - Bass Pro Shops: Spend $50 On Bass Pro GC's And Get 60 Bonus aIR mILES. Limit One Coupon Per Transaction. Coupons Valid At Participating Safeway Stores Only (Per Safeway's eMail Direct Offers Coupons) - 60 Bonus aIR mILES
  • [Oct 27 to Nov 2] - [ Safeway ] - Cactus Club Cafe: Spend $50 On Cactus Club Cage GC's And Get 60 Bonus aIR mILES. Limit One Coupon Per Transaction. Coupons Valid At Participating Safeway Stores Only (Per Safeway's eMail Direct Offers Coupons) - 60 Bonus aIR mILES
  • [Oct 27 to Nov 2] - [ Safeway ] - Roots: Spend $50 On Roots GC's And Get 60 Bonus aIR mILES. Limit One Coupon Per Transaction. Coupons Valid At Participating Safeway Stores Only (Per Safeway's eMail Direct Offers Coupons) - 60 Bonus aIR mILES
Jun 24, 2015
91 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Shoppers drug Mart Ontario, 10% off Canadian Tire gift card until Nov 3. $25, 50 and $100 GC only.
Jan 3, 2013
165 posts
57 upvotes
NORTH YORK
15june wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 8:49 pm
Shoppers drug Mart Ontario, 10% off Canadian Tire gift card until Nov 3. $25, 50 and $100 GC only.
I cant find it in the flyer.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
1097 posts
706 upvotes
Montreal, QC
15june wrote:
The cashier at SDM doesn't even know about the 10% discount....
Showed them the flyer and bought a couple yesterday
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1042 posts
638 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No seeing Sport check gift card deal this year at all
am I missing the deal?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2927 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
15june wrote:
Nationwide, including QC. Already posted above on post #284 and on the main page. :)

x2012t wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 9:39 pm

I cant find it in the flyer.
I checked the North York flyer and it's there (banner at the bottom of page 3).

Smartchen wrote:
Oct 29th, 2017 11:57 pm
No seeing Sport check gift card deal this year at all
am I missing the deal?
Checking the Expired sections, various LCL retailers and CT had them late Aug/early Sept.
May 7, 2012
307 posts
89 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 3:48 am
Nationwide, including QC. Already posted above on post #284 and on the main page. :)

I checked the North York flyer and it's there (banner at the bottom of page 3).

Checking the Expired sections, various LCL retailers and CT had them late Aug/early Sept.
Yes Loblaws/Fortinos/Nofrills late Aug-early Sept at least in GTA
Dec 25, 2013
361 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone have a picture of the Pizza pizza discount add in the shoppers flyer? I don't see it anywhere and feel funny asking them for it if I can't prove it..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2927 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Ychanceit wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 8:55 pm
Does anyone have a picture of the Pizza pizza discount add in the shoppers flyer? I don't see it anywhere and feel funny asking them for it if I can't prove it..
I just did a test search for 2 different regions in ON and noticed that the Pizza Pizza GC offer appeared in one and not the other. The offer appears in the Food section insert of the flyer for the location that had the offer.

If your location does not have an extensive food section, they may not have it in their flyer, be aware of the offering and possibly may not honour it. Best to speak with a supervisor and/or store manager if you get pushback from the cashier. However, they may also deny the discount.

Thanks @tk1000 for the Flipp link.
Mar 28, 2016
71 posts
33 upvotes
Shoppers has increased the security of their gift cards, the registers now require the 4 digit pin to be entered before the giftcard gets swiped.

Happened at a few SDM's I went to this weekend. The system was updated on Tuesday I was told.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2927 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
dimplygecko wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 9:47 pm
Shoppers has increased the security of their gift cards, the registers now require the 4 digit pin to be entered before the giftcard gets swiped.

Happened at a few SDM's I went to this weekend. The system was updated on Tuesday I was told.
Thanks for the reminder. Same thing happened to me and was told the same Tuesday update.

It's a bit more time-consuming to pay at the register now but I'm willing to spend an extra minute knowing that my SDM GC is hopefully more secure.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
3013 posts
671 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 10:06 pm
Thanks for the reminder. Same thing happened to me and was told the same Tuesday update.

It's a bit more time-consuming to pay at the register now but I'm willing to spend an extra minute knowing that my SDM GC is hopefully more secure.
I'm glad to hear they are doing this. I bought thousands of $ worth of RCSS gift cards a few years back and some of those cards were zero balance because of some gift card fraud. Due to good recordkeeping on my part, I was able to get the whole thing straightened out but what a nightmare. Scammers are everywhere and the more stores can do to protect the security of gift cards, the better.

P.S. If you notice, the back of the RCSS/Loblaws gift card packaging conceals the gift card number until you go to the till at which point the cashier removes the flap and activates the card. I believe this was done to increase the security of these cards.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)