Hot Deals

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 7:35 pm
Oct 18, 2017
4 posts
5 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 6:19 pm

Per Rexall's website:

Source: https://www.rexall.ca/contact-us/

I would love to know how you make out.
Quick update on this, Rexall investigated that the computer system at that particular location was coded incorrectly. They couldn't offer me a refund but gave me a gift card for the balance that was over charged. Not ideal but good enough.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2175 posts
2953 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Lars77 wrote:
Nov 5th, 2017 4:23 pm
Quick update on this, Rexall investigated that the computer system at that particular location was coded incorrectly. They couldn't offer me a refund but gave me a gift card for the balance that was over charged. Not ideal but good enough.
Appreciate the follow-up - I had a feeling they would provide you with the GC instead of a refund. :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2175 posts
2953 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Thanks to @waven101, @redboy69, and @klamchowder for their respective threads:

• [Nov 1 to Dec 31] - [ Cineplex ] - Cineplex GC/eGC: Spend $40 Or More On One Or More GC's/eGC's And Receive A Holiday Gift Bundle Free (see FAQ For Deal Info And Holiday Gift Bundle Details) - Free Holiday Gift Bundle
  • [Oct 30 to Dec 31] - [ beVancouver ] - Prepaid AMEX GC: Book Your Hotel Stay in Vancouver And Receive $50, $75, $100 Or $123 Back In Prepaid AMEX GC's Per Booking. Also, Receive An Additional $50 Prepaid AMEX GC For Every Additional Night After The First Night. Check-In Must Be Between Oct 30 To Dec 31, 2017 - Up To $125 Prepaid AMEX GC Plus Additional $50 Prepaid AMEX GC's Per Subsequent Night
  • [Nov 3 to Dec 25] - [ Landmark Cinemas ] - Landmark Cinemas GC/eGC: Buy A $30 Landmark Cinemas GC/eGC And Get $30 In Great Movie Savings Coupons Free. All Coupon Book Offerings Valid For Redemption Jan 19 – Apr 30, 2018 - $30 In Movie Savings Coupons Free

Also forgot to add these the other day:

• [Nov 3 to 9] - [ Safeway ] - Kobo: Spend $50 On Kobo GC's And Get 60 Bonus aIR mILES. Limit One Coupon Per Transaction. Coupons Valid At Participating Safeway Stores Only (Per Safeway's eMail Direct Offers Coupons) - 60 Bonus aIR mILES
  • [Nov 3 to 9] - [ Safeway ] - The Keg: Spend $50 On The Keg GC's And Get 60 Bonus aIR mILES. Limit One Coupon Per Transaction. Coupons Valid At Participating Safeway Stores Only (Per Safeway's eMail Direct Offers Coupons) - 60 Bonus aIR mILES
  • [Nov 3 to 9] - [ Safeway ] - La Vie En Rose: Spend $50 On La Vie En Rose GC's And Get 60 Bonus aIR mILES. Limit One Coupon Per Transaction. Coupons Valid At Participating Safeway Stores Only (Per Safeway's eMail Direct Offers Coupons) - 60 Bonus aIR mILES
  • [Nov 3 to 9] - [ Safeway ] - Joey Restaurants: Spend $50 On Joey Restaurants GC's And Get 60 Bonus aIR mILES. Limit One Coupon Per Transaction. Coupons Valid At Participating Safeway Stores Only (Per Safeway's eMail Direct Offers Coupons) - 60 Bonus aIR mILES
Feb 20, 2004
601 posts
171 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:28 pm
Added to Costco section (thanks @Thatdealguy):

• [BC] - Oxygen Yoga & Fitness: $100 (2 x $50) GC - $74.99 - SKU 4435601

Another new month, another chance to see if your Amazon account qualifies:

• [ Amazon.ca ] - [ 1117GIFTCA ] - TARGETED - YMMV - Purchase At Least $50 In Amazon.ca GC's In A Single Order By November 30, 2017 And Receive A $10 Promotional Credit Automatically Applied To Your Account After The Qualifying Order Has Shipped. An Email Notification Will Also Be Sent Within Three (3) Days After Shipping, Confirming Your Amazon.ca Promotional Credit
About the amazon.ca promo for anyone else interested. I just placed a 50 GC order and did a chat with Amazon. The 10 credit does NOT show on your account until when placing a future order, which can be a bit confusing as it's 1st time I did this. I also inquired and the promo code is only valid 1 year as I thought about getting my family member to get one too. But now that I know it expires, it's not worth it. I do plan to buy something for around 50 bucks so this is perfect. But I applied the 50 GC on my account and this credit doesn't expire. After checking out before payment it will say whether the promo code is accepted or not for the 10 bucks promo.

EDIT: Actually when I got the promo email the promo ends on Jan 11 2018, so it's actually not one year! Found something to buy to use it up.
Last edited by micronta on Nov 7th, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 2, 2009
61 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Subway is back into the fray with their usual free 6" sub when you buy a $25 gift card.
Dec 4, 2007
2 posts
Vic
Can you buy multiple gift cards at Safeway on separate transactions to earn bonus miles?
Mar 21, 2016
275 posts
119 upvotes
Toronto
vchu wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 10:05 pm
Can you buy multiple gift cards at Safeway on separate transactions to earn bonus miles?
if it's all going to the same airmiles number, you're out of luck.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2175 posts
2953 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
If the Air Canada deal also applies to Sobeys (ON) and Sobeys (West)/Safeway, I'll update the offer:

• [Nov 9 to 15] - [ Sobeys (Atlantic) ] - Air Canada: 10% Off Air Canada GC's (Middle Right Of Page 10) - 10% Off
  • [Nov 9 to 15] - [ London Drugs ] - London Drugs: Get A Free $5 LD GC With The Purchase Of $20 Worth Of Ferrero Rocher, Collection Or Golden Gallery Praline Chocolates, 6-30 Pieces. See In-Store Coupon For Details (Middle Of Page 1) - Bonus $5 London Drugs GC

DaveHTO wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 4:44 pm
Subway is back into the fray with their usual free 6" sub when you buy a $25 gift card.
Thanks for the deal and also thanks to @huntlaptop for the thread. I didn't see anything on their website, so I'm assuming at Participating Locations Only. Unless I get definitive start and end dates for the promo, added in the Active - Ongoing section:

• [ Subway ] - [ Subway GC ] - Get A Free 6" Sub When You Buy Or Reload Your Subway GC With $25, Valid At Participating Locations (In-Store Promotion) - Free 6" Sub
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2175 posts
2953 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
West flyers are in, here are the adds:

• [Nov 10 to 16] - [ Safeway / Sobeys (West) ] - Air Canada: 10% Off Air Canada GC's (Bottom Of Page 8) - 10% Off
  • [Nov 10 to 16] - [ Rexall ] - iTunes: Get 10% Off $50 iTunes GC's (Bottom Right Flap Of Page 11) - 10% Off

and...

• [Nov 11 to 17] - [ Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix (QC) ] - SDM/Pharmaprix: Get A Free Bag Of KISSES Holiday Chocolate When You Purchase A $50 SDM/Pharmaprix GC. Limit Of One Bag Of KISSES Holiday Chocolate (88g) Per Transaction. While Quantities Last. No Rainchecks. No Refunds On Any GC Purchase (Bottom Of Page 3) - Free Bag Of KISSES Holiday Chocolate
  • [Nov 3 to 16] - [ RCSS (West) ] - Indigo Or Cabela's: Buy A $50 Indigo Or Cabela's GC And Get A Bonus $10 President's Choice GC (Middle Right Of 3rd Last Page) - Bonus $10 PC GC
  • [Nov 3 to 16] - [ RCSS (West) ] - Keg Steakhouse & Bar: Buy A $100 Keg Steakhouse & Bar GC And Get A Bonus $10 President's Choice GC (Middle Right Of 3rd Last Page) - Bonus $10 PC GC
  • [Nov 10 to 12] - [ Safeway / Sobeys (West) ] - Safeway/Sobeys Or aIR mILES: Spend A Minimum $100 Grocery Purchase And Get Either A $10 Safeway/Sobeys GC Or 100 Bonus aIR mILES With Flyer Coupon (And aIR mILES Collector Card For BAM) (Top Right Of Page 1, Bottom Of Last Page For Coupons And Details) - $10 GC Or 100 Bonus aIR mILES

Note 1: the 10% off Air Canada GC's offer will apply for those in the west and likely for those in ON (will try to confirm ON late tonight).
Note 2: The Indigo/Cabela's/Keg offers at RCSS (West) are now showing up in the upcoming flyers and says "Valid until Nov. 16, 2017". Based on previous similar events, I'm assuming this deal follows the LCL east offer for 2 weeks and I've tagged the deal from Nov 3 to 16. If anyone confirms otherwise, please advise and I'll update the thread.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2175 posts
2953 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Sorry to those in ON, I fell asleep last night :( Confirmed Air Canada offer for ON, updated:

• [Nov 10 to 16] - [ Safeway / Sobeys (West) / Sobeys (ON) / Sobeys Urban Fresh (ON) / Sobeys Kosher (ON) / Foodland (ON) ] - Air Canada: 10% Off Air Canada GC's (Safeway/Sobeys (West) - Bottom Of Page 8, Sobeys (ON) - Top Right Page 1 & Bottom Of Page 8, Sobeys Urban Fresh (ON) - Top Right Page 1 & Bottom Of Page 7, Sobeys Kosher (ON) - Top Right Page 1 & Bottom Of Page 4, Foodland (ON) - Bottom Of Page 5) - 10% Off

Also, a friend of mine mentioned seeing a promo at an A&W today regarding GC's and a free teen burger. Haven't seen anything online yet, so I've only added what my friend told me. I'll update as soon as I can better details:

• [Nov 9 to ?] - [ A&W ] - A&W: Buy a $25 A&W GC And Get A Free Teen Burger. Valid In Restaurants Only. Free Teen Burger To Be Redeemed In Early 2018 (In-Store Promo) - Free Teen Burger

BTW, hoping that the McD's free sandwich with $25 McD's GC load promo will be available again this year and, based on last year's dates, should appear next week.
Oct 2, 2013
787 posts
356 upvotes
Montreal
The Subway near my house has the offer back "Buy $25 GC, get 6 inch sub free". Didn't see an expiration date on the poster.

Saw in Dorion, near Montreal.
Mar 15, 2011
221 posts
24 upvotes
Mississauga
So the A&W deal would not apply to those in mall food courts?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
3987 posts
1354 upvotes
Famoso Pizza's Christmas gift card promo is back.

Advertised in their A Tavola Fall/Winter 2017 brochure (last few pages) available at each table when you dine in.
"From Nov 14 to Dec 31 2017, when you buy a $25 gift card, you'll receive a bonus $10 gift card certificate to treat yourself in the new year.
*Bonus gift certificates valid from Jan 1, 2018 to Feb 28, 2018"

Not yet listed on their site: https://famoso.ca
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2175 posts
2953 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
SquadG wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 8:08 pm
The Subway near my house has the offer back "Buy $25 GC, get 6 inch sub free". Didn't see an expiration date on the poster.

Saw in Dorion, near Montreal.
Posted above in post #338. Thanks for confirming a sighting of this offer and location.

kab.work wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 10:42 pm
So the A&W deal would not apply to those in mall food courts?
Actually, that's where my friend saw the promo. :)

I'm wondering if the exclusion would be at shared gas station A&W locations. Hopefully more info will be coming soon.

suziecute wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:49 pm

Advertised in their A Tavola Fall/Winter 2017 brochure (last few pages) available at each table when you dine in.
"From Nov 14 to Dec 31 2017, when you buy a $25 gift card, you'll receive a bonus $10 gift card certificate to treat yourself in the new year.
*Bonus gift certificates valid from Jan 1, 2018 to Feb 28, 2018"

Not yet listed on their site: https://famoso.ca
Thanks so much @suziecute! It's starting to feel like Christmas GC bonus time now that Mary Brown's, Subway and Famoso are out/upcoming. Added:

• [Nov 14 to Dec 31] - [ Famoso Pizzeria ] - Famoso: Buy a $25 Famoso GC And Receive A Bonus $10 Gift Certificate Valid From Jan 1 To Feb 28, 2018 (In-Store Brochure, Last Few Pages) - $10 Gift Certificate

I'll update the offer with links when they become available online.
Last edited by trystee on Nov 10th, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 2, 2006
109 posts
9 upvotes
suziecute wrote:
Nov 9th, 2017 11:49 pm
more Christmas gc promo coming..

Global Restaurant Group (grg, glowbal, coast, italian kitchen, trattoria, black+blue, the roof, the fish shack, nosh): Buy $120 gc for $100, promo expires Dec 23th
http://www.glowbalgroup.com/giftcard.html

Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House: Buy $100 gc, receive $25 gift certificate (Jan 1 - Mar 30,2018), promo expires Dec 31st
https://www.facebook.com/JoeFortesVan/

Sequoia Company of restaurants (teahouse, seasons, cardero, sandbar): Buy $100 gc, receive $25 gift certificate (Jan 2 - Apr 30,2018), promo expires Dec 31st
https://www.vancouverdine.com/gift-cards/

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)