Hot Deals

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2017)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 10:04 pm
Feb 3, 2014
180 posts
204 upvotes
Thanks, cyn88canada.

Got this deal in a perfect way, as thought. It went flawless. Your hint/tip was useful.
cyn88canada wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 2:33 pm
I tried this the last time the Roadside was on sale at CT ... cashier would not allow gift card as payment. Other RFDers have rarely, (maybe one person?) was able to use gift card payment. I ended up buying the Roadside with credit card. If you really want to try it, try purchasing the Roadside at the Automotive check-out...they're sometimes more lenient and just process the transaction with whatever payment you give them.

Just be prepared to pay with other means.
Feb 3, 2014
180 posts
204 upvotes
Yes, I understand your comment and agree as well.

As a matter of fact, I did not expect AM to work. Therefore, I did not even open my AM application. However, a couple behind me (in a line) were debating whether they should use AM card or not? Closing debate from the lady was like - "What's wrong? Lets try and use AM #, If it works, it's alright. If does not, that's okay as well. Nothing to lose on trying..."

I was sold on that overheard conversation/closing debate, and kind of a inspired me to pull up AM application, and it worked like a charm!! Got 11AM. :)
akaManny wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 8:21 am
The AM are not consistently given. None for me on my CT gift card purchase, but last week, same store, I got regular AM for my Indigo gift card purchase in addition to the bonus.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2925 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Back to school deals starting off on the right foot:

• [Aug 23 to 29] - [ Staples ] - iTunes: Get A $50 iTunes GC For $42.50 Or A $100 iTunes GC For $85. Limit 5 Per Family, Limited Quantities Available Per Store, While Quantities Last (Bottom Right Of Page 7) - 15% Off

Side note: thanks to @jonnyyaa's post in the 10% off CT GCs offer's thread, the deal may be available for Sobeys (Atlantic) customers as well - advertising was in-store and not in the flyer (yet), unsure about deal dates for Atlantic provinces, YMMV.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2925 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Thanks to @Etabol for the following deal, with honorable mention to @YYCcalgarydeals and @T3rry for their threads (1, 2):

• [Aug 21 to Sep 3] - [ Ivanhoe Cambridge Managed Shopping Centres ] - Mall GC: Buy $150 Worth Of GC's & Get An Extra $15 GC. At Participating Ivanhoe Cambridge Managed Shopping Centres. Click Here To See All 28 Shopping Centres Across Canada (Click "All" Under Canada To Filter Locations For Canada, Select Shopping Centre, Scroll Down To Centre's Website And Select "Events & Promos") - Extra $15 GC

As mentioned above, check if, of the 28 shopping centres that Ivanhoe Cambridge manages, your city is one of them that has this offer.
Jan 19, 2017
454 posts
124 upvotes
Wizerman wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 3:33 am
Just sharing, purchased CT gift card with credit card at Sobey's.
Went to CT. Bought Roaside with CT giftcard.

Of note: Rcvd 11 AM at Sobey's as well.

Throughout these transactions : No question/hassle. Smooth and prompt.
How much CT gcs did you buy? Did you buy anything else for the same bill?
Last edited by ml88888888 on Aug 21st, 2017 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 19, 2017
454 posts
124 upvotes
Wizerman wrote:
Aug 20th, 2017 1:44 pm
Yes, I understand your comment and agree as well.

As a matter of fact, I did not expect AM to work. Therefore, I did not even open my AM application. However, a couple behind me (in a line) were debating whether they should use AM card or not? Closing debate from the lady was like - "What's wrong? Lets try and use AM #, If it works, it's alright. If does not, that's okay as well. Nothing to lose on trying..."

I was sold on that overheard conversation/closing debate, and kind of a inspired me to pull up AM application, and it worked like a charm!! Got 11AM. :)
What kind of magic amt of CT gcs did you buy to get the same 11 AM as the other person posted earlier?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6976 posts
967 upvotes
Saw a poster at the Metro GC rack, aug 17-23, pizza pizza GCs are 20% off
Feb 3, 2014
180 posts
204 upvotes
Hi,

It was $200 CT gift cards and some regular grocery of around +$40.00. No bonus AM offer on that grocery.
ml88888888 wrote:
Aug 21st, 2017 10:51 pm
What kind of magic amt of CT gcs did you buy to get the same 11 AM as the other person posted earlier?
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2004
3126 posts
350 upvotes
Wat
azhang24 wrote:
Aug 18th, 2017 8:37 pm

My Sobey's has a policy where they call for a manual pre-auth for any gift card purchases over $300 - I'm ok with this and it's allowed.
My Sobeys did the preauth but it took them about 8 minutes instead of 2. They came back with a $10 sobeys gc as an apology for taking so long. Great service!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
2169 posts
2925 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
EPcjay wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 12:29 am
Saw a poster at the Metro GC rack, aug 17-23, pizza pizza GCs are 20% off
Assuming this was at Metro (ON)? Thanks @EPcjay, added:

• [Aug 17 to 23] - [ Metro (ON) ] - Pizza Pizza: Get 20% Off Pizza Pizza GCs (Not Seen In Flyers, Spotted In-Store At The GC Rack) - 20% Off

Thanks also to @Thrillhouse19 for the heads-up on the CT promo on Sport Check GCs:

• [Aug 24 to 30] - [ Canadian Tire ] - Sport Chek: Get 15% Off The Purchase Of Any $25, $50 Or $100 Sport Chek GC. While Quantities Last. Sorry No Rainchecks. GCs Cannot Be Purchased Using Canadian Tire Money (CTM) (Will Add Page Location When I See The Flyer) - 15% Off
Last edited by trystee on Aug 22nd, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 11, 2008
6976 posts
967 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 10:28 pm
Assuming this was at Metro (ON)? Thanks @EPcjay, added:

• [Aug 17 to 23] - [ Metro (ON) ] - Pizza Pizza: Get 20% Off Pizza Pizza GCs (Not Seen In Flyers, Spotted In-Store At The GC Rack) - 20% Off

Thanks also to @Thrillhouse19 for the heads-up on the CT promo on Sport Check GCs:

• [Aug 24 to 31] - [ Canadian Tire ] - Sport Chek: Get 15% Off The Purchase Of Any $25, $50 Or $100 Sport Chek GC. While Quantities Last. Sorry No Rainchecks. GCs Cannot Be Purchased Using Canadian Tire Money (CTM) (Will Add Page Location When I See The Flyer) - 15% Off
Yes Ontario
Mar 12, 2008
180 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Bought $300 in CT gc's yesterday at the Sobeys in Richmond Hill @ Jefferson Forest location. And I bought them with an Amex GC I bought to bring down my Aeroplan balance. Got $30 worth of groceries as well. There was some initial confusion that the cashier said she couldn't put through that much. So the head cashier was going to do it but she went off for 30 seconds (to another cashier I think) came back and told the 1st cashier she could do it. Went smoothly and I went to CT later in the day.

Off topic but when I went to CT there were 3 kids (10-12yrs old my guess) buying a can a spray paint. I mentioned it to the cashier who cashed the kids out but didn't get an answer. I know the store in Woodbridge keeps the cans behind the counter.
Oct 14, 2013
172 posts
118 upvotes
Sobeys in Vaughan had none on the rack but the cashier went and got them for me. Nice that they actually knew what I was talking about when I asked, as Shoppers/Rexall don't have a clue! Helped that they had little signs at all the checkouts!
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
10000 posts
939 upvotes
Markham
For anyone who bought CT gift cards for gas, checkout51 has $1 of $25 or more gas bar purchase expiring tonight.
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4621 posts
445 upvotes
Calgary
trystee wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 10:28 pm

• [Aug 24 to 31] - [ Canadian Tire ] - Sport Chek: Get 15% Off The Purchase Of Any $25, $50 Or $100 Sport Chek GC. While Quantities Last. Sorry No Rainchecks. GCs Cannot Be Purchased Using Canadian Tire Money (CTM) (Will Add Page Location When I See The Flyer) - 15% Off
Page 2
Capture.JPG

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)