Hot Deals

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Deals And Discounts (2018)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2018 3:03 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3152 posts
6351 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
  • [Mar 07 to 13] - [ Staples ] - Staples: Buy Any HP, Brother Or Canon Toner Cartridge And Get A Free $10 Staples GC (Middle Left Of Page 6 Of Mar 07 to 13 Flyer) - $10 Staples GC
  • [Mar 10 & 11] - [ Jean Coutu (QC) ] / [ Jean Coutu (NB) / [ Jean Coutu (ON) ] - Jean Coutu: Get A $10 Jean Coutu GC For Every Purchase Of $50 On Almost Everything (Top Of Flap Page 1 Of Mar 08/09 to 14/15 Flyers) - $10 Jean Coutu GC
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1280 posts
751 upvotes
Toronto, ON
[Dec 27 to ?] - [ Ebates Gift Shop ] - Petro Canada: Get A $100 Reloadable Petro Canada GC And Receive A Bonus $10 Preferred Pricing Card Valid For 5 Cents Per Litre Up To 200 Litres Plus Earn 2.0% CB, Bonus Preferred Pricing Card Expires Dec 31, 2019 - $10 Preferred Pricing Card Plus 2.0% Ebates CB

I see there’s 2% cash back, but where says you can get a $10 saving card?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2017
1174 posts
375 upvotes
lorreilme wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 8:24 am
[Dec 27 to ?] - [ Ebates Gift Shop ] - Petro Canada: Get A $100 Reloadable Petro Canada GC And Receive A Bonus $10 Preferred Pricing Card Valid For 5 Cents Per Litre Up To 200 Litres Plus Earn 2.0% CB, Bonus Preferred Pricing Card Expires Dec 31, 2019 - $10 Preferred Pricing Card Plus 2.0% Ebates CB

the banner will display that after you click the Petro Can card selection
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6628 posts
2061 upvotes
Mississauga
PierreS299131 wrote:
Feb 28th, 2018 1:27 pm
You can stack the $0.05/L PPC with the RBC $0.03/L but then you’re not using the PetroCan GC in the same transaction. Maybe use the GC for anything else you’d buy from them, eg Oil, Washer Fluid, car washes, snacks etc. Though it’s not likely you’ll be getting deals on many of those things. Can you buy lottery with GC?

Still uncertain if you’ll get multiple PPC when buying multiple physical PetroCan GC in the same purchase but I would hope so. Maybe someone can confirm?
I think he can combine use RBC discount with GC,I used to do that when I had CIBC Petro canada card but not anymore because I have no RBC credit card.
If RBC discount used to work like CIBC Petro canada card,so he just fill more than the value of the GC by a few bucks,so he can use both credit card and gift card.
Jul 27, 2016
240 posts
185 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 1:42 pm
I think he can combine use RBC discount with GC,I used to do that when I had CIBC Petro canada card but not anymore because I have no RBC credit card.
If RBC discount used to work like CIBC Petro canada card,so he just fill more than the value of the GC by a few bucks,so he can use both credit card and gift card.
Please explain how we can use two different payment cards for the same transaction
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6628 posts
2061 upvotes
Mississauga
PierreS299131 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 3:39 pm
Please explain how we can use two different payment cards for the same transaction
Let's say you have a $50 gift card ,and let's say the gas price is $1 /L ,so you need to buy at least $55 worth of gas (55 liters),if you have 5 cents saving so that's $2.75 off,your RBC card is supposed to give you $1.65 off,so total saving is $4.40 ,so so after using the saving card and your GC,you still owe them money,then you use your RBC card to get the RBC discount and pay $0.6o with your RBC CC.
As I said that's how I used to do it when I had CIBC Petro Canada MC,if the system still works the same ,so this way should work.
I'm considering apply for RBC credit card as I was saving on gas through this method.
Last edited by immortal_kssss on Mar 7th, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3152 posts
6351 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Just a friendly reminder that the Roots offer at participating Loblaw Co stores ends today for the East and tomorrow for the West.

lorreilme wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 8:24 am

ml88888888 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 1:22 pm
the banner will display that after you click the Petro Can card selection
Thanks for the question and answer, I've updated the offer's info and bolded where to locate the deal on the website:

• [Dec 27 to ?] - [ Ebates Gift Shop ] - Petro Canada: Get A $100 Reloadable Petro Canada GC And Receive A Bonus $10 Preferred Pricing Card Valid For 5 Cents Per Litre Up To 200 Litres Plus Earn 2.0% CB, Bonus Preferred Pricing Card Expires Dec 31, 2019, Offer Found At Top Of Website Via Scrolling Banner On Main Page Or Banner When Petro Canada GC Link Clicked - $10 Preferred Pricing Card Plus 2.0% Ebates CB
Jul 27, 2016
240 posts
185 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 4:23 pm
Let's say you have a $50 gift card ,and let's say the gas price is $1 /L ,so you need to buy at least $55 worth of gas (55 liters),if you have 5 cents saving so that's $2.75 off,your RBC card is supposed to give you $1.65 off,so total saving is $4.40 ,so so after using the saving card and your GC,you still owe them money,then you use your RBC card to get the RBC discount and pay $0.6o with your RBC CC.
As I said that's how I used to do it when I had CIBC Petro Canada MC,if the system still works the same ,so this way should work.
I'm considering apply for RBC credit card as I was saving on gas through this method.
I’ll give this a try but I’m assuming I’ll get the RBC discount only on the amount charged to the RBC card.
Keeping my fingers crossed it could apply to the entire fillup.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6628 posts
2061 upvotes
Mississauga
PierreS299131 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 10:20 pm
I’ll give this a try but I’m assuming I’ll get the RBC discount only on the amount charged to the RBC card.
I know what you mean,but With CIBC Petro Canada MC,it was giving 2 cents off to the entire transaction not only the amount charged to my credit card , I think it will work.
Dec 25, 2017
523 posts
422 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 1:35 am
  • [Mar 07 to 13] - [ Staples ] - Staples: Buy Any HP, Brother Or Canon Toner Cartridge And Get A Free $10 Staples GC (Middle Left Of Page 6 Of Mar 07 to 13 Flyer) - $10 Staples GC
  • [Mar 10 & 11] - [ Jean Coutu (QC) ] / [ Jean Coutu (NB) / [ Jean Coutu (ON) ] - Jean Coutu: Get A $10 Jean Coutu GC For Every Purchase Of $50 On Almost Everything (Top Of Flap Page 1 Of Mar 08/09 to 14/15 Flyers) - $10 Jean Coutu GC
Is it possible to price match a toner first at Staples and still get a free $10 GC? Amazon sells them cheaper (sold by Amazon, not third party seller) so I'll actually save more if I ordered it off Amazon, but if the savings stack, that's a different story!
Oct 23, 2005
493 posts
138 upvotes
immortal_kssss wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 4:23 pm

PierreS299131 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2018 10:20 pm
Interesting method. However, it will only work with the last transaction on the GC? With your sample transaction, it will only work the second time you use your GC, as the first $50 transaction is fully charged to the GC? or you can actual split payment method?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3152 posts
6351 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
2 new ones:

• [Mar 09 to 11] - [ Rexall ] - Rexall Gift Coupon: Get A Free $10 Rexall Gift Coupon When You Spend $30 Or More On Almost Anything In Store (Top Right Of Page 1) - Free $10 Rexall Gift Coupon
  • [Mar 09 to 15] - [ Rexall ] - iTunes: Get 10% Off A $50 iTunes GC (Top Right Flap Of Page 7) - 10% Off

IEpicDestroyer wrote:
Mar 8th, 2018 12:24 am
Is it possible to price match a toner first at Staples and still get a free $10 GC? Amazon sells them cheaper (sold by Amazon, not third party seller) so I'll actually save more if I ordered it off Amazon, but if the savings stack, that's a different story!
I haven't done a PM at Staples with any type of bonus GC, sorry.

Based on the following from Staples Canada's website and depending on the price difference between them and Amazon, your PM may not be as good as you may think (see underlined):
Price Match
Does Staples have a Price Match guarantee?

Yes we do. If you find a lower advertised price on an in-stock, new identical item from an Authorized Canadian dealer, now or within 14 days of your purchase, just show us the price and we will match it.

If our competitor has a bonus offer with an item that we carry, we will match the competitor’s price and provide the identical bonus item where possible. If our competitor offers a free gift card with an item that we carry, we will match the competitor’s price and provide the same valued gift card. We do not match tender, such as gift card discounts, with our competitors.

For Internet and delivered purchases, the competitor must have the item in stock on its Web site and next-day shipping and handling fees will be added to the competitor’s price to make a fair comparison against our price. If no shipping and handling charges are readily available in the advertisement, a flat fee of $15 will be added to the competitor’s price. Additional shipping charges apply to some towns in Canada. Our Store Managers and Call Centres can help you determine these costs.

An identical item is a product with the same manufacturer and model number. An Authorized Canadian dealer is a retailer that the Canadian manufacturer willingly sells to (typically, unauthorized dealers do not offer legal Canadian warranties and/or packaging). The Price Match Guarantee does not apply to refurbished items or demos.

An advertisement is defined as a copy of a current Canadian dated advertisement, original register receipt, catalogue page or competitor Web page.

From time to time, our catalogue, Internet and store prices might temporarily not match due to printing press deadlines. If this happens, you will get the lowest price of the three.

We reserve the right to limit quantities sold to an individual customer and we are not able to supply businesses looking to resell product to the end consumer. The Price Match Guarantee does not apply to competitors’ or Staples® advertising that states “limited quantities,” “clearance,” “close-outs,” “bankruptcies” or special events (e.g., Boxing Week, Black Friday). We do not match typographical errors in competitors’ advertisements. OEM, Government and Educational prices may be excluded. Prices do not include applicable taxes and/or eco-fees. We reserve the right to modify the terms of our Price Match Guarantee from time to time.

Learn more about our Price Match Guarantee here. When placing an order online, price match is available by calling 877-360-8500. For an in-store price match, please see an associate at our customer service desk at your local Staples retail store. This policy is subject to change without notice.
...and:
How do Staples coupons and rebates contribute to the Staples price match?

All coupons and rebates (including Staples dollars off, gift checks, and mail-in rebates, and instant savings) are deducted from the price of the Staples product when calculating a price match.

When calculating a price match, we’ll deduct any available Staples coupons and/or Staples Rebates (dollars off, instant savings, and mail-in rebate) from the Staples price to arrive at a net price. For example, if you buy an item from us for $200, and there is a $20 instant savings, the net price is $180. If another company’s price is $180 or more, the price match will not be approved as the Staples price is equivalent or better. Another example: If you buy an item from us for $159 and you have a coupon for $25 off a $100 order, as well as a $20 mail-in rebate, the net price is $114. If another company’s price is $110, your price match savings would be $4.
Anyone else tried PM'ing Amazon at Staples and told the above or different?
Dec 25, 2017
523 posts
422 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 12:47 am
2 new ones:

• [Mar 09 to 11] - [ Rexall ] - Rexall Gift Coupon: Get A Free $10 Rexall Gift Coupon When You Spend $30 Or More On Almost Anything In Store (Top Right Of Page 1) - Free $10 Rexall Gift Coupon
  • [Mar 09 to 15] - [ Rexall ] - iTunes: Get 10% Off A $50 iTunes GC (Top Right Flap Of Page 7) - 10% Off

I haven't done a PM at Staples with any type of bonus GC, sorry.

Based on the following from Staples Canada's website and depending on the price difference between them and Amazon, your PM may not be as good as you may think (see underlined):

...and:

Anyone else tried PM'ing Amazon at Staples and told the above or different?
I give up! This is getting too difficult for a bit of savings!

But it would really make sense if they allowed the shipping fee thing to be waived if the competitor waives it after x amount of dollars, wouldn't make much sense to charge shipping if the item ships free..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
3152 posts
6351 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
IEpicDestroyer wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 1:14 am
I give up! This is getting too difficult for a bit of savings!

But it would really make sense if they allowed the shipping fee thing to be waived if the competitor waives it after x amount of dollars, wouldn't make much sense to charge shipping if the item ships free..
Heh, heh. I just figured I'd give you worst case scenario in case they follow the policy on the website - you may get a straight PM and bonus GC. If you decide to try it, please let us know.

As for the shipping fees, I'm speculating that the policy exists due to timing/convenience. Because the Staples bonus GC is for in-store purchases only, you would receive your toner cartridge today at Staples. If you were to purchase it from Amazon, you would have to wait 3-5-? days to receive it. They then would deduct the shipping cost for next day deliver to come close to match the convenience of getting the toner in-store at Staples today. If you say that you have Prime and can get it the next day, they might ask what you pay to get that next day delivery and may say they'll use the $79.99 as the shipping fee. Again, I've never tried this and I'm just speculating.

On a side note: PM'ing an online retailer's price at staples.ca has different policies regarding shipping costs:
Are delivery charges included in the price match?

This depends on whether your Staples.ca order will receive free shipping and whether the competitor’s order offers free shipping.

If your Staples.ca order will receive free shipping and the competitor’s order will receive free shipping, we will price match the product without considering shipping charges. If your Staples.ca order will receive free shipping and the competitor order will not receive free shipping, we will include an appropriate shipping charge in the competitor’s price before calculating the price match. If your Staples.ca order does not receive free shipping, and the competitor’s order offers free shipping, we will deduct the Staples shipping charge from the competitor’s price, so that the Staples Price Matched item total is the same as what the competitor is selling the product for.
Source: https://www.staples.ca/sbdca/en_CA/cont ... l#20001_12

I know this doesn't help you in this situation where the promo is in-store only due to the $10 Staples GC but may help if you or anyone else may want to do a PM via staples.ca in the future. :)
Dec 25, 2017
523 posts
422 upvotes
trystee wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 1:59 am
Heh, heh. I just figured I'd give you worst case scenario in case they follow the policy on the website - you may get a straight PM and bonus GC. If you decide to try it, please let us know.

As for the shipping fees, I'm speculating that the policy exists due to timing/convenience. Because the Staples bonus GC is for in-store purchases only, you would receive your toner cartridge today at Staples. If you were to purchase it from Amazon, you would have to wait 3-5-? days to receive it. They then would deduct the shipping cost for next day deliver to come close to match the convenience of getting the toner in-store at Staples today. If you say that you have Prime and can get it the next day, they might ask what you pay to get that next day delivery and may say they'll use the $79.99 as the shipping fee. Again, I've never tried this and I'm just speculating.

On a side note: PM'ing an online retailer's price at staples.ca has different policies regarding shipping costs:

Source: https://www.staples.ca/sbdca/en_CA/cont ... l#20001_12

I know this doesn't help you in this situation where the promo is in-store only due to the $10 Staples GC but may help if you or anyone else may want to do a PM via staples.ca in the future. :)
Hmm.... I could claim I'm still in trial for Prime and it's completely free, but it seems that this might get too difficult to get done. I don't think Staples will budge on this, but if I pass by a Staples this week, will try for the heck of it.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

OfficeGlenn