Hot Deals

[Various Retailers] Gift Card Discounts - Updated Weekly

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2017 11:18 pm

Poll: Which retailer's Gift Card are you waiting for to go on sale (max 2 choices)?

• Total votes: 1545. You have voted on this poll.
Boston Pizza

3%
Canadian Tire

19%
GAP / Banana Republic / Old Navy

12%
Golftown

2%
Google Play / iTunes

11%
Indigo / Chapters / Cole

7%
Netflix

8%
Roots

2%
Sport Chek / Atmosphere

20%
Store Brand (eg. SDM / Sobey's / Metro) or other

16%
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1790 posts
1986 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
Thanks to @Kontos for the thread:

• [May 4 to 19] - [ Samsung Pay ] - HBC: Make 3 Purchases With Samsung Pay Between May 4 And 19 & Get A $25 HBC GC. Samsung Pay Works With CIBC CC's. Offer Found Under Promotions In The Samsung Pay App. See Details On Offer And Registering. No Minimum Purchase Amount Specified - $25 HBC GC
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
3090 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
trystee wrote:
May 5th, 2017 10:58 pm
As far as I can tell, yes.

Thanks for new offer @teqtoke. It looks like they replaced the Sears GC discount with this Sephora GC discount. Added to the list:

• [May 5 to ?] - [ ebay.ca ] - Sephora: $50 GC for $45 - 10% Off
Site says it is out of stock.
Apr 13, 2015
89 posts
15 upvotes
Alberta
lorreilme wrote:
May 7th, 2017 1:20 pm
Too bad, I missed this
Bought a couple last time also from eBay, the gc was 8% off
I've seen them in some Shell stores. Works out to around 7% if you collect airmiles cash miles.
Sep 2, 2015
666 posts
282 upvotes
teqtoke wrote:
May 7th, 2017 1:32 pm
I've seen them in some Shell stores. Works out to around 7% if you collect airmiles cash miles.
thanks for the update
It's YMMV in Shell stores I guess, airmiles is not bad but directly discount would be a better deal.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1790 posts
1986 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
chococrazy wrote:
May 7th, 2017 1:09 pm
Site says it is out of stock.
Yup, sold out as per post # 345 above.

Gonna be a lot of happy moms next week.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
1488 posts
138 upvotes
Vancouver
Got $200 Petsmart GC @20% off.
Too bad my rexall only has $25 denominations.

Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2011
9481 posts
648 upvotes
Does anyone know if the Canadian Tire $10 bonus cards can be used on gas?
Nov 6, 2013
723 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
RolandCouch wrote:
May 8th, 2017 1:15 pm
Should be. Only refund cards and CT mony can not be used for gas.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1790 posts
1986 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
New one found today:

• [May 10 to 16] - [ Staples ] - Sears / Davids Tea: Get 10% Off When You Purchase A $50 Sears or Davids Tea GC (left side of page 1) - 10% Off

Thanks to @logicxl for the online pricing heads-up thread and @Thatdealguy for the in-store confirmation:

Costco - On Sale

• [Nationwide] - iTunes: $100 (4 x $25) GC - $79.99 In-Store / $83.99 Online - SKU 137 - Ends May 14, 2017

PS. I've added the Costco - On Sale header to the Costco GC's section and used purple text to differentiate it from the regular deals. Hope everyone's good with this.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1790 posts
1986 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
RolandCouch wrote:
May 8th, 2017 1:15 pm
According to @Ninja Robot Pirate from @MrDeals987's thread:
No minimum purchase.

"Card is not redeemable for cash and may only be redeemed for merchandise at Canadian Tire retail stores. Applicable taxes will be charged on the total transaction value before deducting the card value. One card per transaction and customer. Card value cannot be used to purchase gift cards, is not redeemable at Canadian tire gas bars and cannot be applied as payment towards any Canadian tire credit account. Card cannot be combined with any other offer. Card may only be used on a subsequent purchase. Card must accompany returns."
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2011
1790 posts
1986 upvotes
>er YEG pi-r-sq'd
* * Note * *

Starting tomorrow, I have decided to do things a little differently:

1. As always, if I find a thread about a GC deal/discount that I'm not aware of, I will add it to the list, giving thanks to the OP and a link to their thread.
  2. When I see a GC deal/discount, I will post the deal as usual here first so that those who subscribe to this thread will get first-hand knowledge of the deal.
  3. After I have posted the deal here, I will create a separate thread in the Hot Deals section for the deals I've come across and added.

My reasoning for creating a separate thread after adding the deals here is:

• A few people have said that their subscription notification did not work for some of my deals and they missed out on them
    • I'm not 100% certain if Alerts are picking up my additions to this thread, again potentially leaving people unaware of the deals added
    • With the fairly recent addition of the "Hide Threads" option, some users may have hidden this thread and could be missing out on GC deals
    • I've noticed a few threads added to Hot Deals days after I've added them to the list here and took notice of the comments that this was the first time seeing/hearing about the deal in said threads
    • Having a separate thread allows for more discussion about that particular deal vs a discussion about any one of x number of deals posted here during the week (Don't get me wrong - I love discussion here but a separate thread, I feel, would allow for better exchange of information)

I will add a link to the start/end dates of the deal in this thread to either the separate thread in Hot Deals I create or to the threads other have started and I've added to the list.

It does mean a little more work for me but the end result is more people getting the deals and quicker. :D
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2006
4349 posts
175 upvotes
Calgary
trystee wrote:
May 2nd, 2017 5:54 pm
Upcoming SDM flyer's offer:

• [May 6 to 12] - [ Shoppers Drug Mart / Pharmaprix (QC) ] - Selected Gap Brand: 20% Off Selected Gap Brand GC's In $25 or $50 Denominations (bottom of page x), Cashier To Enter PLU 21151 for $25 GC or PLU 21152 for $50 GC To Get Discount - 20% Off

@calgaryholmes made mention of this promo back on post #248 and I'm not sure why I didn't add it to the list. Thanks for the reminder, I'll add it next.
Thanks for the Gap ones, went to the store and they didn't even have the same flyer as online, they were missing a couple pages out of theirs so i had to pull it up nline, they didnt even know the promo was on! took like 20 minutes but finally got it, great mothers day gift :D