Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Various] HOT Sony X900E series 4k TVs Boxing day pricing same as BF.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 4:29 pm
Jul 5, 2013
291 posts
156 upvotes
NORTH YORK
unxetas wrote: No, he got the TV for $1850 and paid $389 for the 5 year warranty. The sales people at Visions (and most places, I'd assume!) make decent commissions on warranties, so they can afford to give better discounts on the item.
That's correct. Originally I paid 1898 plus, 398 5y warranty and managed to get down to 1850 plus 398. Also saved on a few other products. Still debating on keeping the warranty, it's quite expensive however price will go back to 1999 if I return the "package" warranty. Thoughts on visions warranty anyone? On a side note, I visited two locations near Toronto and I have to say, everyone I dealt with was super helpful, professional and very nice. This is my first purchase from visions and they were more than willing to work with me on pricing to make it happen. Even price matching at the 1999 or offering another option of beating it with warranty was very fair imo. They didn't push the warranty on me either, I asked. And they left it to me, even suggested paying the price match and if I wanted to add warranty within the return period, he would honour the additional discount. Now hopefully I don't require the warranty but I do, that will be the real test with visions. Hope their after sales service is as good as my sales experience. Also a note on the warranty with visions, if you don't use it, at the end of the term, you can redeem the full amount paid towards a product that's double the price of the warranty. So 400 warranty can credit on 800 product for 400 off. I looked into it online and you need to apply within a few months of the warranty expiring and it needs to be redeemed within one year after applying. So long as one remembers to apply 3-5 yrs from now depending on length of warranty, it's a nice way to recoup the cost. Hence why the sales representative reduced the cost of the tv further vs the warranty, so I could use that 389 credit in the future if it works out. They also offer price protection for 60 days vs 30 days and will price match black friday prices tho I don't expect to beat 1850.
Nov 12, 2016
420 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
ffjaydee wrote: Hey...where did you see the Sony XBR65X900E advertised for $1999 at Tele City?
Thanks
request a quote online on one of there websites.....they will offer u 1999
Sep 1, 2006
477 posts
394 upvotes
Newmarket
DavidA800 wrote: I was also able to get BB and teppermans to PM http://www.sonxplus.com/en/
for 1999 plus eco fee and taxes
Now just to decide 65x900e or 55 LG B7 also 1999 (pm @ CC HiFi and got BB to pm CC)
I feel the decision would rest on your use of HDR. OLED can’t handle bright scenes with HDR very well. It dims as the overall brightness of the scene increases. It would also have slightly higher input lag for gaming.

The 900e is bright and has virtually no motion blur. Perfect for games.

So, if you aren’t gaming and don’t mind a smaller TV, I’d get the OLED.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1391 posts
629 upvotes
Hamilton
GiOBoY wrote: The 800 series also uses VA... (except for the 75 inch one).
Yes and may I add these VA panels are awesome at an angle i checked mine recently and could not see any change in picture until the last glimpse of the screen where nobody would even try to sit.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1120 posts
347 upvotes
GVR
anyone here have an older sony xbr locally dimmed led tv and now one of these newer tvs?

i have a 7 year old sony xbr hx909 and wondering if I should upgrade or not.

I'm very happy with the tv and its black levels, but it's "only" 46inches and 1080p
Dec 8, 2010
792 posts
1709 upvotes
Toronto
whiteGSR wrote: I'm very happy with the tv...
That says all you need to know. If you are already happy, no sense moving on until you are no longer happy.
Sep 1, 2006
477 posts
394 upvotes
Newmarket
I was very happy with my TV... until I brought the 900e home for a test drive. Even while initially using the 900e, I thought it was an improvement, but not a worthwhile upgrade. Then I went back to my old TV and everything looked so dim and drab. I couldn’t unsee how great the images looked on the new TV. These new sets are so much brighter than even last years.

One other thing I want to mention, then prices on these Sony TVs will be going up at the end of the month. I was told that the MSRP is being lowered (e.g. the 55x900e is going from 2399 to 1999), but these current prices are strictly a sale price.

If you want a 900e, now is the time to strike. The prices are going up in a couple weeks.
Jun 28, 2010
365 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to get the 55" from best buy for $1369 + tax. My original bill showed $1599 - $230 discount and then a $200 charge for geek squad and $30 for the mount. Went back in asking to price match the sonxplus no tax deal and the manager said he'd just let me return the geek squad and mount since I wasn't using them. Ended up being slightly cheaper than no tax.
Aug 25, 2017
15 posts
5 upvotes
DavidA800 wrote: I was also able to get BB and teppermans to PM http://www.sonxplus.com/en/
for 1999 plus eco fee and taxes
Now just to decide 65x900e or 55 LG B7 also 1999 (pm @ CC HiFi and got BB to pm CC)
Sorry did you state that you can get the 55B7 for $1999? I would love to know more...
Oct 18, 2017
9 posts
Cheezewhiz wrote: I was able to get the 55" from best buy for $1369 + tax. My original bill showed $1599 - $230 discount and then a $200 charge for geek squad and $30 for the mount. Went back in asking to price match the sonxplus no tax deal and the manager said he'd just let me return the geek squad and mount since I wasn't using them. Ended up being slightly cheaper than no tax.
How did you get them to 1369 in the first place if you don't mind helping me out!
Jun 28, 2010
365 posts
236 upvotes
Toronto
It's just the way they charged me in store - I didn't even notice until I got home because it added to the same final price. I assume the employee just wanted to make it look like an upsell.
Apr 26, 2016
110 posts
45 upvotes
Kitchener
Went into BB compared the two models PQ wise in a retail lit environment there is no competition (in my eyes all my questions are answered) and i assume it only gets better with lower light....
Sep 11, 2007
95 posts
25 upvotes
Victoria
DavidA800 wrote: Went into BB compared the two models PQ wise in a retail lit environment there is no competition (in my eyes all my questions are answered) and i assume it only gets better with lower light....
And the winner was? (Guessing OLED...if you were comparing to B7)
Apr 22, 2017
223 posts
189 upvotes
Manitoba
Walked away with the 55" x900e today for $1,680 after tax and the Sonoxplus price match. Took the manager and associate a few minutes to do the math and figure out what the discount works out to be (as the store is located in Quebec and I am in Manitoba), but saved just under $160 so I'm happy (unfortunately they wouldn't throw in the wall mount for free).
┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
6024 posts
1873 upvotes
dcorban wrote: I was very happy with my TV... until I brought the 900e home for a test drive. Even while initially using the 900e, I thought it was an improvement, but not a worthwhile upgrade. Then I went back to my old TV and everything looked so dim and drab. I couldn’t unsee how great the images looked on the new TV. These new sets are so much brighter than even last years.

One other thing I want to mention, then prices on these Sony TVs will be going up at the end of the month. I was told that the MSRP is being lowered (e.g. the 55x900e is going from 2399 to 1999), but these current prices are strictly a sale price.

If you want a 900e, now is the time to strike. The prices are going up in a couple weeks.
Don't know who told you that but it sounds like sales pressure BS

Apr 26, 2016
110 posts
45 upvotes
Kitchener
jonathanq wrote: And the winner was? (Guessing OLED...if you were comparing to B7)
Oled . the blacks were too much
stood out a lot
did not get a good panel tho...will try one or two more if not ill grab the sony
left side has watermark like shadows o white backgrounds (hockey game)
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2003
1391 posts
629 upvotes
Hamilton
Hibbing wrote: Viewing angle refers to the angle at which you can watch the TV without seeing a noticeable drop in picture quality. Some types of LCDs do this better than others.

IPS TVs are a clear winner here. This is one of their advantages over other types of LCD. Most VA TVs will have a sizable degradation in quality by 20° to the side, the way it can be seen is a dramatic loss of saturation. IPS TVs will lose luminosity instead. They generally go until around 36° before losing half their brightness, but we have seen some go over 50°. The narrow viewing angle of VA type TVs is also problematic when the TV is used as a PC monitor from up close since the edges of the display will end up losing picture quality.

Winner: IPS
Loser overall as blacks look like very dark greys on IPS and nobody sits on such an angle so its redundant.
Apr 6, 2006
46 posts
1 upvote
Niagara Falls, ON
I have a question about the Sony 65" 900E and combining it with the new Apple TV 4K box. Is there any opinions if these are compatable and is there anyone that already has this combination? I am looking for reviews with this TV or maybe I should buy another make and model to go with the Apple 4K box.
Thanks
Jun 23, 2017
96 posts
51 upvotes
A little bit off topic.
If the main source of video signal is a rogers pvr 1080i, and computer playing 720p my understanding is that the x900e has the best upslaler, better than vizio m or p series. It is correct?
About telecity Scarborough, some years ago, i've got a bravia from them, they were quite flexible about price and friendly, i just hope they are keeping the same level of customer satisfaction now.
I think of getting of new tv and i try to get as much info as possible before.
Dec 24, 2004
119 posts
58 upvotes
I'm looking to get one of these, but with the closure of South Van Colour TV, is there a good place in the Lower Mainland to get a deal anymore?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)