Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Various] HOT Sony X900E series 4k TVs Boxing day pricing same as BF.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 4:29 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
acsta wrote: Did you get your order in?
Unfortunately, no
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
May 5, 2017
731 posts
380 upvotes
I'm looking for a 55" 900e in the Ottawa area. Seems like the best deal is gone.. should I just wait for Black Friday or is there any hope of a similar sonoplux deal showing up?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 15, 2005
6024 posts
1873 upvotes
Bafonso wrote: I'm looking for a 55" 900e in the Ottawa area. Seems like the best deal is gone.. should I just wait for Black Friday or is there any hope of a similar sonoplux deal showing up?
I would say monitor this thread / forum but right now I am waiting it out for BF.

We are almost in November, may as well wait the extra few weeks to get to BF unless some crazy good sale comes up before then
May 5, 2017
731 posts
380 upvotes
Ziggy007 wrote: I would say monitor this thread / forum but right now I am waiting it out for BF.

We are almost in November, may as well wait the extra few weeks to get to BF unless some crazy good sale comes up before then
I'm just worried there will be no promo at BF and it will go up afterwards. I guess sonxplus is not doing the same deal if you ask for it ?
Oct 20, 2017
24 posts
16 upvotes
This was the best deal I could get yesterday.
I went to BB: no luck.
I went to 2 different stores "V", it isn't hard to get the 1950 - 2k deal there.
Thanks for the people of this forum, I'm now enjoying my new TV
Images
  • Screenshot_20171023-073252.png
Mar 13, 2017
389 posts
345 upvotes
Ziggy007 wrote: I would say monitor this thread / forum but right now I am waiting it out for BF.

If anything, won't this price stay the same? ($1599 - 55") I'm in the same boat where I don't quite need the TV right now (not moved into a new place yet) but I don't want to miss a good deal.

Seeing as this is Sony's price drop across the board, retailers will likely have specials on this unit going forward. At leas that's what I hope!
May 5, 2017
731 posts
380 upvotes
d1egoaz wrote: This was the best deal I could get yesterday.
I went to BB: no luck.
I went to 2 different stores "V", it isn't hard to get the 1950 - 2k deal there.
Thanks for the people of this forum, I'm now enjoying my new TV
unfortunately no V... stores in ottawa :(
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2011
1100 posts
236 upvotes
Hi, if anyone has a receipt in AB for the 65XBR900E Please pm me the receipt. I'm trying to get this TV < 2k
Thanks! :D
Fido client
Tangerine client.
Sep 11, 2007
95 posts
25 upvotes
Victoria
Vinotintazo wrote: Hi, if anyone has a receipt in AB for the 65XBR900E Please pm me I'm trying to get this TV < 2k :D
Likewise. But for BC. So far BB and Visions have refused (no receipt proof) and won’t budge claiming Sony won’t allow it/I’ll get written up and/or fired.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Jimmydeals wrote: If anything, won't this price stay the same? ($1599 - 55") I'm in the same boat where I don't quite need the TV right now (not moved into a new place yet) but I don't want to miss a good deal.

Seeing as this is Sony's price drop across the board, retailers will likely have specials on this unit going forward. At leas that's what I hope!
Considering we're on the eve of announcements for 2018 models I doubt the price trajectory over the remainder of the year will be upwards.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Bafonso wrote: I'm just worried there will be no promo at BF and it will go up afterwards. I guess sonxplus is not doing the same deal if you ask for it ?
I don't believe that guy who said that the Sony TVs are going up in price in 2 weeks. That doesn't make sense. He didn't even provide a link for proof. Probably a sales person told him some BS.
May 25, 2009
458 posts
414 upvotes
Vinotintazo wrote: Hi, if anyone has a receipt in AB for the 65XBR900E Please pm me the receipt. I'm trying to get this TV < 2k
Thanks! :D
me as well please :) looks like visions has extended their flyer pricing now to Nov 2nd so yah i dont see any increase coming...
Oct 19, 2017
9 posts
27 upvotes
I believe the Sony sale pricing ($1599 for the 55", $2299 for the 65", I think?) is sticking around for at least a couple weeks. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll be able to keep giving people the $1850-1999 deals we've been getting, but..

No source for any of this, but my feeling is the price will go back up to normal sometime in November, to give them room for "Black Friday" sales. I can't imagine the black friday deals being much (if any) better than what folks have been getting this TV for.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2007
1284 posts
486 upvotes
BC
Mr. Robo wrote: I don't believe that guy who said that the Sony TVs are going up in price in 2 weeks. That doesn't make sense. He didn't even provide a link for proof. Probably a sales person told him some BS.
If you watched the prices of the 65" 900E TV since it came out around $3499 you would notice that the price has a downward trend but it goes up and down a small amount in a cycle pattern. When they drop the price to a new low they often later raise the price for a while, but eventually lower the price again to the same low or even lower. The volatility in the pricing keeps potential buyers interested and more likely to buy after a recent drop. They sell more stuff this way than by just doing something boring like dropping the price $100 every month. Retailers and manufacturers do this on all kinds of products, even groceries. It happens so regularly that I think that they have preplanned their price strategy months ahead of time including all the little price moves up and down.

It's definitely possible they raise the price again, but soon it will be back to $2299 or even lower.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1323 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
Jimmydeals wrote: Really wish this was available at Costco for the additional warranty.
+1 on that. When is Costco going to start carrying these? 2017 is almost over!
Nov 12, 2016
420 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Super pumped to turn this beauty on ......most expensive tv I bought till now was 430$ .....lol
Images
  • 1508787789252-819845436.jpg
Sep 11, 2007
95 posts
25 upvotes
Victoria
SumeetJ918740 wrote: Super pumped to turn this beauty on ......most expensive tv I bought till now was 430$ .....lol
Jealous! Enjoy, saw the 65inch on display at a local best buy and it looked fantastic.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3583 posts
2275 upvotes
Mississauga
SumeetJ918740 wrote: Super pumped to turn this beauty on ......most expensive tv I bought till now was 430$ .....lol
where did you pick it up from, and price if you dont mind sharing?
sorry, didnt go through the entire thread yet.
Feb 25, 2008
323 posts
27 upvotes
You sir are cruel... j/k. Very envious

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)