Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Various] HOT Sony X900E series 4k TVs Boxing day pricing same as BF.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 4:29 pm
Nov 12, 2016
420 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: where did you pick it up from, and price if you dont mind sharing?
sorry, didnt go through the entire thread yet.
I got it from Teletime electronics .I paid 2025 all in all .but I have bought my home appliances from them as well .and they somehow screwed up my appliances delivery. that's why I got no tax special
Images
  • Screenshot_20171021-221805.png
Sep 11, 2007
95 posts
25 upvotes
Victoria
How are stores handling the (at last claimed) inability to discount the Sony TV on receipts? I got told by Best Buy if they discounted it, head office would write them up. And Visions sales guy more or less said he likewise couldn't discount it for fear of his job.

Did you have to buy something else along with the TV for the store to move the discount over to that item? Or am I just being fed a line of BS from these people who just didn't want to make a sale? Trying to understand how some stores (including Visions) are discounting a TV they "claim" can't be discounted or else Sony will smite them. Really frustrating to see folks getting this TV for $300 less just because they live east of AB.
Mar 13, 2017
389 posts
345 upvotes
iluvsdadeals wrote: +1 on that. When is Costco going to start carrying these? 2017 is almost over!
They have the 850 only in 65" and the 55" in the 800 series. I probably would have gone with the 850 if it was available in the 55" at Costco. Saw the TV at BB and it looked pretty damn good - although I'm coming from a 14" laptop as my TV so any tv looks good right now.
Jan 12, 2010
818 posts
289 upvotes
jonathanq wrote: How are stores handling the (at last claimed) inability to discount the Sony TV on receipts? I got told by Best Buy if they discounted it, head office would write them up. And Visions sales guy more or less said he likewise couldn't discount it for fear of his job.

Did you have to buy something else along with the TV for the store to move the discount over to that item? Or am I just being fed a line of BS from these people who just didn't want to make a sale? Trying to understand how some stores (including Visions) are discounting a TV they "claim" can't be discounted or else Sony will smite them. Really frustrating to see folks getting this TV for $300 less just because they live east of AB.
I don't know man, I got the 55X900E from Best Buy a month ago for 1k for the open box sale. On the receipt it doesnt even say that its open box, literally Regular price 1999.99 with Discount of 1000.
Dec 8, 2006
627 posts
334 upvotes
Scarborough
Uhggggggg My TV broke last night! What to do until Black Friday?????????? Am In Toronto if anyone has any advice.
It is/was a crt and I knocked it off the stand measuring the space for a flat screen :(

I don't mind terribly as I have a 24" monitor which I game and Stream on.

#derpingthroughlife
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3583 posts
2275 upvotes
Mississauga
SumeetJ918740 wrote: I got it from Teletime electronics .I paid 2025 all in all .but I have bought my home appliances from them as well .and they somehow screwed up my appliances delivery. that's why I got no tax special
any warranty included (above the standard manufacturer, credit card?)
Deal Expert
Oct 7, 2010
15536 posts
5790 upvotes
Irridion wrote: Uhggggggg My TV broke last night! What to do until Black Friday?????????? Am In Toronto if anyone has any advice.
It is/was a crt and I knocked it off the stand measuring the space for a flat screen :(

I don't mind terribly as I have a 24" monitor which I game and Stream on.

#derpingthroughlife
Do nothing until this goes on sale and buy 65" 900e.
Sep 11, 2007
95 posts
25 upvotes
Victoria
I called TeleTime (mentioned here a few times). With free shipping to BC they offered me $1899.99 for the 65X900E and $2999.99 for LG 65B7P. Our local electronics stores suck.
Oct 30, 2012
371 posts
37 upvotes
Any big reason to pick the $2399 XBR65X900E over Costco's $1999 P65? Rtings rates them pretty closely and I don't expect to get the XBR65X900E for around $2000 anytime soon. Most of what I watch is 1080p so I don't care too much about better upscaling, and 3:2 pulldown correction isn't a big deal either as Plex (the only thing I watch) has display mode switching.

EDIT: Wait - I can get the XBR65X900E for around $2k?
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
tslout wrote: Any big reason to pick the $2399 XBR65X900E over Costco's $1999 P65? Rtings rates them pretty closely and I don't expect to get the XBR65X900E for around $2000 anytime soon. Most of what I watch is 1080p so I don't care too much about better upscaling, and 3:2 pulldown correction isn't a big deal either as Plex (the only thing I watch) has display mode switching.

EDIT: Wait - I can get the XBR65X900E for around $2k?
Sony will do better with non-4K content (which is most of it), and it actually has a TV tuner which is important to some of us. Since it's Android, app support will be miles better - Vizio is traditionally very weak in this respect if that's important to you (it's not really, to me).

I would choose the Sony over the Vizio myself for the reasons above. I'm waiting it out until the very end though as I don't think we're at the bottom yet.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1032 posts
1397 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Sony will do better with non-4K content (which is most of it), and it actually has a TV tuner which is important to some of us. Since it's Android, app support will be miles better - Vizio is traditionally very weak in this respect if that's important to you (it's not really, to me).

I would choose the Sony over the Vizio myself for the reasons above. I'm waiting it out until the very end though as I don't think we're at the bottom yet.
just to add one thing to consider... are you wanting to view from an angle? the x900 does a bit of a better job with that afaik (i don't own either tv. have just seen in store)
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1962 posts
1140 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Coming from an ST60 Panny Plasma is this TV worth hunting down? I can only get Samsung and HiSense TV's at cost. Saw the HiSense H9 series in 65 today and it looked really nice playing 4k content.
Oct 30, 2012
371 posts
37 upvotes
silenthunder wrote: just to add one thing to consider... are you wanting to view from an angle? the x900 does a bit of a better job with that afaik (i don't own either tv. have just seen in store)
Nah – directly in front of tv, don't have cable, and will never use built-in apps. If I can pick up the X900e for around $2100 I'll happily do that, but it seems like the improved upscaling is all it's got over the P65 (for me, anyway).
May 22, 2003
405 posts
9 upvotes
Milton
I've had the tv about a week and a half now and does anyone else's tv make a loud popping/cracking sound once and awhile?

It seems to happen when I'm watching hockey and it goes from commercial to the white screen and the odd time when I bring up the bell tv selection menu. Previous tv with the same cables/outlet/cable input never had this issue.
Dec 8, 2006
627 posts
334 upvotes
Scarborough
spike1128 wrote: Do nothing until this goes on sale and buy 65" 900e.
Don;t we have teletime in Toronto? Or are they no longer allowed to give special pricing?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Irridion wrote: Don;t we have teletime in Toronto? Or are they no longer allowed to give special pricing?
Yeah, isn't there one in Brampton.
Oct 20, 2017
24 posts
16 upvotes
For the new owners of the TV,
1. Upgrade Android tv.
2. Disable Sony useless apps https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.reddit. ... _and_sony/

For the guy that asked me about the store recipient, I'm just worried about putting the seller in troubles as he was a really nice guy, I didn't even need to mention the forum or other stores.
Just try to go to the mentioned stores and have a good talk with the guys, make sure they understand that you're gonna buy the TV, I told them my budget was 2k with taxes included, and we ended with the 22xx price.
You can even have a 1850 value for the Tv if you add the 4 year guarantee offered by the store.

Good luck,
Nov 12, 2016
420 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
mau_mau wrote: any warranty included (above the standard manufacturer, credit card?)
Paid it by my Mastercard so 1 year on top of manufacturing
Aug 29, 2009
669 posts
364 upvotes
Toronto
Gold Monkey wrote: I've had the tv about a week and a half now and does anyone else's tv make a loud popping/cracking sound once and awhile?

It seems to happen when I'm watching hockey and it goes from commercial to the white screen and the odd time when I bring up the bell tv selection menu. Previous tv with the same cables/outlet/cable input never had this issue.
Definitely shouldn't be doing that. I'd get an exchange while the return window is still in effect.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)