Vatican to hold Islamic prayers for the first time in history

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2017 2:18 pm
[OP]
Dec 14, 2007
24 posts

Vatican to hold Islamic prayers for the first time in history

http://thenewyorkevening.com/2017/03/18 ... e-history/

On Sunday for the first time ever the readings from Quran will be heard at the Vatican. This move was initiated by the Pope Francis in order to bring peace between Israelis and Palestinians.

During his visit last week to Jordan Israel, and the Palestinian Authority, Pope Francis invited Israeli President Shimon Peres and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

Peres’s spokesperson has announced in Times of Israel that Abbas, Peres, and Pope Francis will be joined by Jewish, Christian and Islamic religious leaders.

According to the officials, these evening prayers would be a “pause in politics” and have no political aim behind it other than the desire to bring peace and respect to the Israeli-Palestinian relations, states the Associated Press.

The Vatican will broadcast the event worldwide through the official website.

However, Rev. Pierbattista Pizzaballa, the custodian of Catholic Church property in the Holy Land has announced that people should keep their expectations low when it comes to this event.

[No-one should think] “peace will suddenly break out on Monday, or that peace is any closer,” he said to AP.

The Vatican has also announced that on Friday, the Pope also held a meeting with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, and both leaders discussed possible ways of promoting peace and stability in Asia.
115 replies
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
2947 posts
331 upvotes
cool ... bring it on to every church ... don't stop on Vatican ... :facepalm:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9444 posts
666 upvotes
in those rough times, Religions gotta stick together! or else those damn women/LGBT groups/anti-pedofiles will win!!!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
35472 posts
1852 upvotes
Toronto
natalka wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 2:43 pm
Something is funky about this - there are articles from 2014 exactly the same wording -

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... -prayers-/

https://sputniknews.com/voiceofrussia/n ... tory-9001/

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/06 ... 68935.html
is it fake news?
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10036 posts
545 upvotes
Toronto
Why do a lot of media still refer to Palestine as the Palestinian Authority? It should be State of Palestine.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
7460 posts
1357 upvotes
If they combine religions they could create a Super religion that would be 50% of the world population. Christlam?
** Yes, I'm Italian! ** 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3619 posts
650 upvotes
Sask.
UrbanPoet wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 2:49 pm
is it fake news?
I dunno, it's just very odd... nothing on snopes about it.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
6816 posts
215 upvotes
Legit question but would reverse be okay as well?

Gotta be okay for both ways I would assume.
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
2947 posts
331 upvotes
bobbings wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 4:58 pm
Legit question but would reverse be okay as well?

Gotta be okay for both ways I would assume.
in Mecca ? ... good luck ... Face With Tears Of Joy
Feb 25, 2015
683 posts
127 upvotes
York Region
What's next? The Catholic Church stops asking for collections?
Mar 18, 2014
75 posts
13 upvotes
Vaughan
Pope Francis is an idiot way to liberal and trying to appeal to everyone(I'm only 25 years old so don't think I'm some old fart hating on young people)

Wonder if Christians will ever be allowed to openly practice there religion in Saudi Arabia
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4275 posts
613 upvotes
Hussle91 wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 9:51 pm
Pope Francis is an idiot way to liberal and trying to appeal to everyone(I'm only 25 years old so don't think I'm some old fart hating on young people)

Wonder if Christians will ever be allowed to openly practice there religion in Saudi Arabia
This guy gets it ... bring back the Templars!! Assassins Creed yooo!!!
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Penalty Box
Feb 9, 2003
15728 posts
1370 upvotes
Langley
Thank god they're finally doing this. It's going to make a huge difference.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel