Off Topic

Vatican to hold Islamic prayers for the first time in history

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2017 2:18 pm
Dec 16, 2015
619 posts
212 upvotes
Canada
Need to be equality...lets see if "religion of peace" allows Christianity in the mecca
Banned
Mar 18, 2014
88 posts
26 upvotes
Vaughan
Redsanta wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 10:27 pm
Need to be equality...lets see if "religion of peace" allows Christianity in the mecca
Lmao nice one! Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3825 posts
465 upvotes
Aurora
At its core, isn't it a meaningless act to allow Islamic prayers in the Vatican? I mean the Pope, as the head of Catholosism, would have complete faith that his and only his religion is the utter truth of how the universe works. If the Pope doesn't believe this then he shouldn't be Pope. Now, in having Islamic prayers to Allah in the city of God and his son Jesus, wouldn't the Pope (and presumably the rest of Christianity) consider that the Muslims are praying to a complete fallacy and disregard the prayers as pure fiction? I'd think to Catholics, it would be nothing more than having a screening of Star Wars Rogue One in the Vatican.

And the same comments apply to having Christian prayers in Mecca.
[OP]
Dec 14, 2007
55 posts
Redsanta wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 10:27 pm
It shows that Non-Muslims are not allowed to enter or travel through the City of Mecca in the movie of "A Hologram for the King".
Diversity is racism and sexism
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13894 posts
865 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 10:52 pm
At its core, isn't it a meaningless act to allow Islamic prayers in the Vatican? I mean the Pope, as the head of Catholosism, would have complete faith that his and only his religion is the utter truth of how the universe works. If the Pope doesn't believe this then he shouldn't be Pope. Now, in having Islamic prayers to Allah in the city of God and his son Jesus, wouldn't the Pope (and presumably the rest of Christianity) consider that the Muslims are praying to a complete fallacy and disregard the prayers as pure fiction? I'd think to Catholics, it would be nothing more than having a screening of Star Wars Rogue One in the Vatican.

And the same comments apply to having Christian prayers in Mecca.
They all pray to the same god, Jews, Christians and Muslims. Allah is just the Arabic word for god. It's just God's (assuming there is one) representatives importance on the ground that differs.

Anyway, according to many of the same people asking about mecca we in the west are supposed to be "better". Isn't showing understanding and acceptance part of that? Why do we always try to hold ourselves to a lower standard to freedoms when we in the west are supposed to be the beacon of freedom? It's pretty well known that Saudi Arabia is does not have the same freedoms as we do, is that the standard we should compare our actions to? Shouldn't be strive to actually be better and set an example of that?
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3581 posts
454 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 6:29 am
They all pray to the same god, Jews, Christians and Muslims. Allah is just the Arabic word for god. It's just God's (assuming there is one) representatives importance on the ground that differs.

Anyway, according to many of the same people asking about mecca we in the west are supposed to be "better". Isn't showing understanding and acceptance part of that? Why do we always try to hold ourselves to a lower standard to freedoms when we in the west are supposed to be the beacon of freedom? It's pretty well known that Saudi Arabia is does not have the same freedoms as we do, is that the standard we should compare our actions to? Shouldn't be strive to actually be better and set an example of that?
Jesus Christ is the god ... and not 2nd rate prophet ...
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13894 posts
865 upvotes
lubmar wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 7:32 am
Jesus Christ is the god ... and not 2nd rate prophet ...
It's been a long time since bible school, but in the Christian stories Jesus is the son of God, not God. It's my understanding that Jesus is still in the Muslim stories too, just not as important as in the Christian stories.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Mar 14, 2017
41 posts
9 upvotes
I think this is great, first step in reducing the hating between the two groups.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3581 posts
454 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:19 am
It's been a long time since bible school, but in the Christian stories Jesus is the son of God, not God. It's my understanding that Jesus is still in the Muslim stories too, just not as important as in the Christian stories.
"the holy trinity" ...
... Jesus is still in the Muslim stories too ...
LOL ... how nice ... and tell to the Muslims that their prophet is a ... (I am sure they going to like it ...)
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3581 posts
454 upvotes
RojoRojoWine wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 8:44 am
I think this is great, first step in reducing the hating between the two groups.
sure ... and the second step:
Jesus Christ superstar and the "friend" - on broadway show ...
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2203 posts
107 upvotes
Oh boy, trolls are definitely not gonna feel happy about this when people come together and find a common ground.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3581 posts
454 upvotes
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Mar 20th, 2017 9:05 am
Oh boy, trolls are definitely not gonna feel happy about this when people come together and find a common ground.
common ground for Jews, Christians and Muslims in Mecca ? Why not ?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2652 posts
366 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
Virgin Mary vs. the Moon God... fight! This could be bigger than Jesus vs. Santa lol.
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2012
1206 posts
27 upvotes
Mississauga
nice.....the amount of atheist in this forum....its pretty surprising huh........thinking they are some kool kids if they don't follow any religion lol

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)