Off Topic

Vatican to hold Islamic prayers for the first time in history

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2017 2:18 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2011
2814 posts
590 upvotes
LONDON
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 9:08 pm
F it! I'm creating my own religion.

With blackjack and hookers.
Don't forget booze!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 15, 2006
4264 posts
441 upvotes
Am i the only one that keeps reading that thread title as "Volcano"?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5285 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
bobbings wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 1:21 pm
Honest question. How many other religions with significant followers have people who don't know their religion and will interpret bloodshed as an acceptable and encouraged means of resolution?
Maybe its me, maybe its maybelline but I don't full understand your Q. How do you determine "people who don't know their religion"? This can't be determined, hence it can't be answered logically. The second part of your Q is also very subjective (and based on opinion(s)) - IMO (pun intended).

PS: EVERY major religion had these issues, have these issues, and will continue to have these issues. Because of certain events - Muslims are "in" to be bashed (just like Jews had their turn, American Japs had their turn, ...).

Think of it from non-emotional point of view. Lets take example of Oil. Oil has always been an important issue in the world, but because how the events folded in the world (mainly starting from 1973 Oil Embargo), we are currently have an Oil war happening in the world - which seem awefully stupid because EVERY country involved in this fight for their share of selling oil is converting extremely fast to renewable energies themselves and in couple of years all this will be considered archaic.

My view is that we (humans) needs to evolve as a race, and give the crazy ideas of Jacque Fresco a chance (such as resource based economy) and work to have eternal peace.
lubmar wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 2:10 pm
message of islam ... is it so clear and peaceful ?

http://news.nationalpost.com/full-comme ... lamophobic
Sorry to say thats not a good article. Not much credible information .... I don't even know who Salafi are (time for some reading lol).
There was a CBC documentary about interviewing an informant who worked for RCMP as a Jahadi and infiltrated lot of extremist groups. I think you should look that up - that seemed very accurate and gave very interesting perspective (if you are looking for the truth).

PS: Muslims will not like that interview.
bobbings wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 3:14 pm
Back to my original question of how many other religions out there will have a group interpret killings as justified and encouraged?

There's no black and white, clear cut answers to religion. It's a very powerful tool because it is open to interpretation from everyone. With globalization, internet, social media and easy access to the weak minded people, religion can be misinterpreted to a complete 180. But then again, what is right and what is a wrong interpretation in general for all religion?

Look at how the Bible has evolved over thousands of years and in the millennium, we are now interpreting marriage as between two humans and no longer only between a man and a woman.
Can I humbly ask, how did Bible evolved (What was the process?)? (and when you say Bible, you are saying New Testament?)

On a general note, I agree with you. Every culture / religion does need to evolve (or it will cease to exists).
Kingmoo wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 9:57 pm
Am i the only one that keeps reading that thread title as "Volcano"?
Yes lol. I do speed reason as well and I do have to go back and read certain words but this one I didn't mis-read.
For Sale:
  • Canon C100 + Canon 70-200 f2.8 + ...
Looking for: Sony Camera for video (for a good price)
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2012
1227 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga
so in the end what's conclusion? There is no such thing as God and Religion? And when we die....that's it? So all religious people basically are wasting their time praying and believing in God?
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4158 posts
583 upvotes
saadt1988 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 9:49 am
so in the end what's conclusion? There is no such thing as God and Religion? And when we die....that's it? So all religious people basically are wasting their time praying and believing in God?
probably ... and i have nothing against them wasting their time peacefully ...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2016
2611 posts
184 upvotes
saadt1988 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 9:49 am
so in the end what's conclusion? There is no such thing as God and Religion? And when we die....that's it? So all religious people basically are wasting their time praying and believing in God?
that's for you to find out for yourself. everyone finds what's right for themselves. there's no definite view that really can be pushed one onto another.

all ideas are laid out on the table for humanity to experiment with. the folly is in seeking security

"know thyself"
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2012
1227 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga
lubmar wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 9:54 am
probably ... and i have nothing against them wasting their time peacefully ...
but those religious people think you are wasting your time by not believing? lol.......its like a never ending debate....everyone thinks they are right and others are wrong
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
4158 posts
583 upvotes
saadt1988 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 10:16 am
but those religious people think you are wasting your time by not believing? lol.......its like a never ending debate....everyone thinks they are right and others are wrong
don't understand ... praying takes time - not praying does not ... going to "prayer place" does take time - not going does not ( think and count saadt how much time you spend on those ... )
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2897 posts
423 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
PrinceMS wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 3:54 am

Can I humbly ask, how did Bible evolved (What was the process?)? (and when you say Bible, you are saying New Testament?)
A quick look on Wikipedia will quickly turn his claim out. I won't even link it's too easy to find.
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 22, 2005
8430 posts
48 upvotes
Oakville, ON
saadt1988 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 10:16 am
but those religious people think you are wasting your time by not believing? lol.......its like a never ending debate....everyone thinks they are right and others are wrong
Whoever thinks like that, believer or not is a part of the problem and not a solution.
Besides he said praying is a waste of time, not believing. I'd agree with that personally.
Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be wasted.
Red Green
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
15083 posts
1858 upvotes
Toronto
saadt1988 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 9:49 am
so in the end what's conclusion? There is no such thing as God and Religion? And when we die....that's it? So all religious people basically are wasting their time praying and believing in God?
Yeah, pretty much. People are free to spend their time doing what they like, but committing violence against anyone who disagrees and spreading suffering around the world in order to convert people should be universally condemned.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2012
1227 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga
Piro21 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 2:46 pm
Yeah, pretty much. People are free to spend their time doing what they like, but committing violence against anyone who disagrees and spreading suffering around the world in order to convert people should be universally condemned.
And that's exactly what religion says. No one is allowed to force anyone. So what's the purpose of our life then? Just eat sleep, do whatever we feel like and in the end nothing will happen? All the big criminals who are not punished here in this world are basically gonna get away easily after dying? There will be no justice system?
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
15083 posts
1858 upvotes
Toronto
saadt1988 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 2:50 pm
And that's exactly what religion says. No one is allowed to force anyone. So what's the purpose of our life then? Just eat sleep, do whatever we feel like and in the end nothing will happen? All the big criminals who are not punished here in this world are basically gonna get away easily after dying? There will be no justice system?
There's no justice system now, even with religion. Anyone who wants to be a criminal just makes up rules that say it's acceptable and even commendable for them to murder and enslave others, then forces other people to follow them via said murdering and enslaving.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 24, 2002
4970 posts
460 upvotes
saadt1988 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 2:50 pm
And that's exactly what religion says. No one is allowed to force anyone. So what's the purpose of our life then? Just eat sleep, do whatever we feel like and in the end nothing will happen? All the big criminals who are not punished here in this world are basically gonna get away easily after dying? There will be no justice system?
In your world , we should not have jails at all because people will be punished in the "afterlife" ...you ok with that ? We should not have medicine because will protect all as long as we pray and be good people ? We should not worry about death because it is all ordained already by God ...so lets all walk in front of buses?
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=14378

WENGER IN!!!!


I promise not to cut your taxes but I won't raise them either.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2012
1227 posts
30 upvotes
Mississauga
Piro21 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 3:50 pm
There's no justice system now, even with religion. Anyone who wants to be a criminal just makes up rules that say it's acceptable and even commendable for them to murder and enslave others, then forces other people to follow them via said murdering and enslaving.
yeah but those are bad people. That's why religion says this life is a test. Those people who murder others are failing the test. So just because there are people who are incorrectly following the religion, doesnt mean there's something wrong with the religion? Even in school those who study will pass and those who dont will fail. Similarly, those who properly study the scriptures will pass and those who dont will fail....makes sense?

Top