13900 posts
9495 upvotes
Toronto

Vaughan - Dec 4. Lego Discovery Centre free admission w/toy donation

Deal Link:
Expiry:
December 4, 2017
please no Dollarama junk

"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus
17 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
2685 posts
693 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Dollarama has the best in surplus toy products.

6-in-1 Solar Toy kit anyone?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13900 posts
9495 upvotes
Toronto
sinasdf wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:57 am
Isn't this the same centre that banned single male adults from the store?
looks to be their policy at all locations, not just Canada

https://www.thecut.com/2017/04/adult-me ... laint.html
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2007
4651 posts
3214 upvotes
GTA
sprung wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:36 am
looks to be their policy at all locations, not just Canada

https://www.thecut.com/2017/04/adult-me ... laint.html
Looks like they have an adults only night now.
https://toronto.legolanddiscoverycentre ... ts/#events

Adult Night Tickets
Have you wanted to visit the LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre but don't have any little ones in your life? Or do you need a night away from the kids but want something fun to do? Well here's your chance!
More information
Ticket includes Priority Access for our Adult night program for LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Toronto
Adult Fan of LEGO® Evenings are held the last Friday of every month (excluding December) from 6pm to 9pm
You must be 18 years old or older to attend this special event. No kids allowed. (Only kids at heart!)
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26876 posts
6383 upvotes
GTHA
sinasdf wrote:
Are you a SJW?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4416 posts
689 upvotes
sinasdf wrote:
b0ne wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 11:10 am

Interesting.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/legoland-d ... -1.1358249
Wow that sounds like some serious misinformation, or incomplete information from you two.

You posted the article yourself, and in it it clearly says that the guy that was turned away was there with his 30 year old adult daughter. They were both denied entry without a child. The policy is for all single adults, not just "single males."

Geezus I wish you guys would be a little more thorough in your "research." No offense, but your comments are like click-bait.

After reading the article you posted, I did one Google search of the guy's name + Lego, and lo and behold, Legoland invited him back with an expenses-paid trip paying for his gas both ways, food, free admission for him and his daughter, on his choice of either the adults-only night, or a private tour of the place before opening hours.

http://windsorstar.com/news/windsor-leg ... o-legoland

The information is there on the website, but Legoland still did right by him.
engineered wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 12:28 pm
Looks like they have an adults only night now.
https://toronto.legolanddiscoverycentre ... ts/#events
The adults only night was already in place when they had booked their tickets.

If you've got kids, heck, you don't even have to have kids, to appreciate why they would have a no adults without children policy. And it sounds like they've understood that they have tons of single adult fans, having the adults only night from early on too.
Last edited by deezz on Nov 28th, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4416 posts
689 upvotes
sinasdf wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:11 pm
Nope, I just want to be able to go in and buy lego without being labelled
You can probably go into the store part to buy lego, just can't go into the amusement park area, which makes total sense.

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
[OP]
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13900 posts
9495 upvotes
Toronto
deezz wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:12 pm

If you've got kids, heck, you don't even have to have kids, to appreciate why they would have a no adults without children policy. And it sounds like they've understood that they have tons of single adult fans, having the adults only night from early on too.
I have two kids (ages 5 and 8) and yet their policy makes little sense to me. Some adults still love Disney stuff , should they not be allowed at amusement park if not accompanied by kids?

Or another case. Parent has had their child pass away. They miss hearing the laughter and joy of kids at play. Should we ban the now childless adult from public playgrounds?

Obviously Lego is a private company and can do what they like. The recent, hypervigilant rise of helicopter parenting really makes me feel like many kids are missing out on a world of adventures.

Every study shows that suspect most likely to take or harm your kid is somebody that they already know (priest, teacher, family friend) , not a total stranger.

Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
4416 posts
689 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 1:24 pm
I have two kids (ages 5 and 8) and yet their policy makes little sense to me. Some adults still love Disney stuff , should they not be allowed at amusement park if not accompanied by kids?

Or another case. Parent has had their child pass away. They miss hearing the laughter and joy of kids at play. Should we ban the now childless adult from public playgrounds?

Obviously Lego is a private company and can do what they like. The recent, hypervigilant rise of helicopter parenting really makes me feel like many kids are missing out on a world of adventures.

Every study shows that suspect most likely to take or harm your kid is somebody that they already know (priest, teacher, family friend) , not a total stranger.
All it takes is for one incident to completely tarnish the store's reputation, scare the public, and garnish themselves a lawsuit. It's the same reason why single, unaccompanied adults aren't allowed on school grounds either, unless they're one of the parents, whom one of the teachers would most likely recognize. That would be much harder to discern at a place like Legoland where there is turnover in staff on a regular basis, and you are inviting in the general public. Err on the side of caution, I say.

Besides, as has already been mentioned, there is a dedicated adults only night. If you are an adult and you love Lego that much, then you'd be able to make the time for that night.

As for the example that you listed...hey...that's a really tough situation for sure. But, to be honest, if there's a single adult hanging out on a regular basis at a playground with kids in it...that gets really sketchy too. I hate to say that, but, it's the truth, because no one else there would really know what that parent went through.

There are other avenues they could get around that though, such as volunteering to work with kids and stuff like that :)

Aug 9, 2008
278 posts
29 upvotes
Do we have to use the ticket on the same day or is this considered an "anytime use" ticket? we have unopened gifts that our kids would not like/use so we might as well bring them here
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
26876 posts
6383 upvotes
GTHA
sprung wrote:
Nov 28th, 2017 10:15 am
please no Dollarama junk

This tweet loads...