Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4890 posts
765 upvotes
Markham

vaughan mills return policy

this morning,went to vaughan mills mall and bought a pair clothes,then found a better deal in another store. After I was back to the first store and tried to return it,I was told I could only exchange but no return. It didn't claim the final sale. Just wondering is it common practice or individual store policy?

thanks
15 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1233 posts
23 upvotes
its a store policy, not a mall.... (you buy the clothing from a store, not the mall, the mall is just a place for many stores to sell their goods in a convinent/ co-operative manner)

you should check/ read signage before purchasing, on just ask..
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
3417 posts
92 upvotes
GTA
Was this your first time ever purchasing something from a store?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4890 posts
765 upvotes
Markham
Squiggles wrote:
Jul 18th, 2010 4:16 pm
Was this your first time ever purchasing something from a store?
if you think so,that is fine :)

Before this experience, when I purchased somewhere else,cashiers always told me it was final sale before I paid. otherwise,i had no problem to return
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1233 posts
23 upvotes
smartie wrote:
Jul 18th, 2010 4:22 pm
if you think so,that is fine :)

Before this experience, when I purchased somewhere else,cashiers always told me it was final sale before I paid. otherwise,i had no problem to return
is there a sign near the cash that says EXCHANGE ONLY?

its a fair question Squiggles asked, i mean, you thought Vaughan Mills had a return policy... Vaughan Mills being a mall :confused:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2006
4890 posts
765 upvotes
Markham
hamant wrote:
Jul 18th, 2010 4:28 pm
is there a sign near the cash that says EXCHANGE ONLY?

its a fair question Squiggles asked, i mean, you thought Vaughan Mills had a return policy... Vaughan Mills being a mall :confused:
No,it didn't state it,which why I was so confused. I always assumed I can return the merchandise except it said final sale. like Eaton,Yorkdall. I never had such experience.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2006
1233 posts
23 upvotes
smartie wrote:
Jul 18th, 2010 4:36 pm
No,it didn't state it,which why I was so confused. I always assumed I can return the merchandise except it said final sale. like Eaton,Yorkdall. I never had such experience.
again.. those are MALLS... MALLS DO NOT HAVE RETURN POLICIES.. stores have retun policies.... it depends on the store

not the mall
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2563 posts
136 upvotes
which store did you purchase the products from?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6112 posts
841 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
smartie wrote:
HOW MANY TIMES DO ALL OF US HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS?

IT'S THE STORE THAT'S ENFORCING THE NO RETURNS POLICY NOT THE MALL.

Please don't mix them, for the sake of our sanity.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2010
1307 posts
62 upvotes
Burlington
Troll or moron? The world will never know!
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
419 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
smartie wrote:
First, to reiterate what everyone else has been saying - Eaton Centre and Yorkdale - are malls. Not stores.

Second, even at Yorkdale and Eaton Centre, when a store has a clearance sale, you will not be able to get a refund or exchange. Le Chateau - a store you can find in Yorkdale and Eaton Centre - regularly has the policy of not allowing refunds, only exchanges which is similar in this case.

Vaughan Mills - being an OUTLET mall with outlet stores, like most outlets all over North America (the continent) will have FINAL SALE.

Third, what is the STORE you purchased your items from?
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
4284 posts
841 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Which STORE did you get your merchandise from?

ps. nice username OP.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
5630 posts
739 upvotes
CSAgent wrote:
Jul 19th, 2010 9:37 am

Vaughan Mills - being an OUTLET mall with outlet stores, like most outlets all over North America (the continent) will have FINAL SALE.

Third, what is the STORE you purchased your items from?
It has nothing to do with Vaughan Mills being called an outlet mall. MANY stores at Vaughan Mills, the MALL, let you return items for a full refund. Old Navy, H&M, Jacob, The Gap, Lululemon are a few examples. These stores are not outlet stores and they have the same return policy, no matter what mall they are located in.

On the other hand there are many stores at Vaughan Mills that do NOT offer a refund and only offer and exchange or a credit note. Some examples are Costa Blanca, Urban Behaviour, Le Chateau. Their return policies are the same no matter what mall you shop at.

Some stores will only give you a full refund up to a certain date. For examples, at Winners you can only get a full refund within ten days of purchasing the item. After the 10 days you can exchange or get a store credit.

I tend to avoid stores that do not offer full refunds and only offer exchanges/store credits. Unless I'm REALLY sure about an item, I will try to not buy at a store that will not give me a full refund if I change my mind.

OP, when buying something its YOUR responsibilily to find out what the return policy is. The cashier is not going to explain it to every customer if the customer does not ask. And OP, AGAIN, the return policy is STORE specific. Just because Old Navy and Costa Blanca are located in the same MALL does not mean they are going to have the same return policy.