Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal

Vault problem at TDCT

Is anyone here experienced "vault problems" at TD? First time since what, 20 years with a safety box in a bank that I cannot access because they can't open the vault? They called a locksmith, and they said that it can take up to more than a week to open? I used to leave my passeports in the bank's safety box, hopefully I have them at home for now... but I really need to access my safety box as I have important documents that I need... I had to cvancel an appointement I had with my attorney... Can I ask something back in compensation? Never had to deal with an issue like this before...

Maybe they should call Phil and Blaze forme "safecrackers" tv show.... :mad:
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
DoorCrasher wrote: Is anyone here experienced "vault problems" at TD? First time since what, 20 years with a safety box in a bank that I cannot access because they can't open the vault? They called a locksmith, and they said that it can take up to more than a week to open? I used to leave my passeports in the bank's safety box, hopefully I have them at home for now... but I really need to access my safety box as I have important documents that I need... I had to cvancel an appointement I had with my attorney... Can I ask something back in compensation? Never had to deal with an issue like this before...

Maybe they should call Phil and Blaze forme "safecrackers" tv show.... :mad:
Never had an issue and we don't access them that frequently.
If not already free as part of your banking, they may give you a free month or two.
Mar 18, 2012
579 posts
121 upvotes
The time required largely depends on the vault and the issue.
Most frequent issue- the bank staff sets the time lock improperly. This is a lock mechanism activated by staff each time the staff closes the vault overnight/weekends. It basically sets a window of X hours where the vault can not be opened.
Vaults are very reliable however things could go wrong but more often than not its the time lock I mentioned. Due to the costs of drilling the door they would then simply wait for the time remaining to expire.
Terrible that you're stuff it stuck on there though. I would certainly be trying to get something from them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8130 posts
9317 upvotes
Montréal
Update: problem been corrected 30 mins. before closevtime. They called me and I been able to get the documents. I don't know what was the probpem, but they told me thatvthe locksmith been ablebto fix it without having to drill. I will definitely try to get something from them for the troubles I had. The rental is already free with my all inclusive account...