• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2015 2:54 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1234 posts
105 upvotes

vBuzzer really sucks now

They did a lot of changes without letting their users know recently.
. Raised LD Rates
. Charged Tax ($50US plan -> $56.50US)
. CC only renewal, even you have enough credit in your account it can’t be used for renewal (nobody knows this changes and lot people topped credit by using paypal for renewal and can’t get refund)
.Charged 1800 calls
. and more …

RDFers, check your calling logs to see if you got something charged by their mistakes.
Time to move out from them now.
224 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2006
1518 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
is it really getting worse?

I was thinking about ditching bell home phone soon too >.>

I liked vbuzzer's long distance rates too....
Jan 17, 2010
23 posts
toronto
Most of LD rates are kept almost the same as before for Canadian users. However, if you share your account with your friends in high rate regions (such as middle east), the rate will be higher.

While you can not do much about the tax.

The service is for serious/legal users only. Some people fill fake address, make illegal use of vbuzzer service.

for Canadian users who call from Canada/USA and most countries in the world, no charge for 1-800 calls. Only if you live in high rate regions, there will be charge.
Banned
Jan 4, 2010
1584 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
I still think the service is fine. Still much cheaper than Bell. Uptime is another matter. I think the service was out for about 1 hour last month (and this is only the outages that I happened to find out about, who knows if there are more?), that is not acceptable important calls can be missed.

However if they are stealing your money through Paypal it is best you call them and demand a refund, go through Paypal if you need to.
enon
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1234 posts
105 upvotes
yongguo wrote:
Jan 18th, 2010 11:39 am
Most of LD rates are kept almost the same as before for Canadian users. However, if you share your account with your friends in high rate regions (such as middle east), the rate will be higher.

While you can not do much about the tax.

The service is for serious/legal users only. Some people fill fake address, make illegal use of vbuzzer service.

for Canadian users who call from Canada/USA and most countries in the world, no charge for 1-800 calls. Only if you live in high rate regions, there will be charge.
so you are from vBuzzer? you better answer the questions on your own forum (http://www.vbuzzer.com/forum/viewforum. ... 328df25985) first then come here.

Don't make me laugh. You say "Most of LD rates are kept almost the same as before for Canadian users." I will give you some examples here:
Canada LD from 1.5c/m -> 2.0c/m 33%up
U.S.A LD from 1.5c/m -> 2.0c/m 33%up
China LD from 1.5c/m -> 2.0c/m 33%up

Yeah, right, sure you could do something about tax. the tax was included in the $50USD yearly plan but now you put it on the top.

all the changes you even did NOT let your users know before you did it. Just one email would be nice enough.
I know you do get what you pay for but now I think it's time to move on.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2005
14811 posts
1493 upvotes
Kaiu wrote:
Jan 11th, 2010 3:03 pm
is it really getting worse?

I was thinking about ditching bell home phone soon too >.>

I liked vbuzzer's long distance rates too....
Use a real VOIP provider ... like voip.ms. vBuzzer is mickey mouse :)
Jan 17, 2010
23 posts
toronto
Pas as you rate for Canadian users have been posted online for about a month before the effective date of the change. In addition, if you are not happy with the rate, you can subscribe calling plans. The effective rate will be as low as 1.2c/min. 1.5c --> 1.2= 20% drop.

Tax: Wake up, my friend, if you drive a car, you will realize how much increase of the oil price in GTA. If you are not happy with the tax/price increase, fine, just do not drive. You have all your rights to do that.
Star* wrote:
Jan 18th, 2010 11:47 am
so you are from vBuzzer? you better answer the questions on your own forum (http://www.vbuzzer.com/forum/viewforum. ... 328df25985) first then come here.

Don't make me laugh. You say "Most of LD rates are kept almost the same as before for Canadian users." I will give you some examples here:
Canada LD from 1.5c/m -> 2.0c/m 33%up
U.S.A LD from 1.5c/m -> 2.0c/m 33%up
China LD from 1.5c/m -> 2.0c/m 33%up

Yeah, right, sure you could do something about tax. the tax was included in the $50USD yearly plan but now you put it on the top.

all the changes you even did NOT let your users know before you did it. Just one email would be nice enough.
I know you do get what you pay for but now I think it's time to move on.
Banned
Jan 4, 2010
1584 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
yongguo wrote:
Jan 18th, 2010 1:33 pm
Pas as you rate for Canadian users have been posted online for about a month before the effective date of the change. In addition, if you are not happy with the rate, you can subscribe calling plans. The effective rate will be as low as 1.2c/min. 1.5c --> 1.2= 20% drop.

Tax: Wake up, my friend, if you drive a car, you will realize how much increase of the oil price in GTA. If you are not happy with the tax/price increase, fine, just do not drive. You have all your rights to do that.
What the hell? Stay on topic. This thread is about vbuzzer not gas prices.
enon
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2008
1234 posts
105 upvotes
yongguo wrote:
Jan 18th, 2010 1:33 pm

Pls do/say something that makes sense. now I understand why vBuzzer is doing a lot BS now. yes you right, I am done with Vbuzzer.
enon wrote:
Jan 18th, 2010 1:39 pm
What the hell? Stay on topic. This thread is about vbuzzer not gas prices.
exactly.
Jan 28, 2008
35 posts
Toronto
I am another unfortunate user of vbuzzer. It's unbelievable. Literally overnight they changed from the best voip service to the worst and they don't even care. I'm planning on porting out my number and requesting a full refund. What is the best alternative to vbuzzer now?
Banned
Jan 4, 2010
1584 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
mjronline wrote:
Jan 24th, 2010 11:54 am
I am another unfortunate user of vbuzzer. It's unbelievable. Literally overnight they changed from the best voip service to the worst and they don't even care. I'm planning on porting out my number and requesting a full refund. What is the best alternative to vbuzzer now?
Can you give more details? Your post is not very credible.

From my point of view I still think vbuzzer is great, for $5 a month I get phone service with caller ID and voicemail etc. Sure I could stick to my cellphone but it is nice to have a phoneline for the house that everyone can use.
enon
Jan 28, 2008
35 posts
Toronto
enon wrote:
Jan 24th, 2010 12:00 pm
Can you give more details? Your post is not very credible.

From my point of view I still think vbuzzer is great, for $5 a month I get phone service with caller ID and voicemail etc. Sure I could stick to my cellphone but it is nice to have a phoneline for the house that everyone can use.
My post is not very credible, so I can't ask for an alternative voip service? Sorry, but that does not compute.

It's very simple. I signed up and renewed for 5 years before they did all their changes, yet they still refuse to honour the terms of when I signed up.

1. Their support sucks. They don't respond to half of the messages sent to them.

2. Their service was down for an entire hour on Dec. 31 and they offered no compensation for it.

3. They delete any posts off their forum that are even slightly negative so that nobody will find any complaints.

4. Over the last week many people have been having problems calling toll free numbers including myself.

5. Over the last week many people have been experiencing called id issues where the wrong number would come up if they called someone.

6. You can now no longer roam with your number. I travel all the time. Now if I'm in New York and I want to use my Toronto number to call someone else in Toronto, I have to pay long distance.

7. Also it's no longer $5/month ($50/year). They raised the prices to $10 a month.

Enough reasons for you?
Banned
Jan 4, 2010
1584 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
mjronline wrote:
Jan 24th, 2010 12:09 pm
My post is not very credible, so I can't ask for an alternative voip service? Sorry, but that does not compute.

It's very simple. I signed up and renewed for 5 years before they did all their changes, yet they still refuse to honour the terms of when I signed up.

1. Their support sucks. They don't respond to half of the messages sent to them.

2. Their service was down for an entire hour on Dec. 31 and they offered no compensation for it.

3. They delete any posts off their forum that are even slightly negative so that nobody will find any complaints.

4. Over the last week many people have been having problems calling toll free numbers including myself.

5. Over the last week many people have been experiencing called id issues where the wrong number would come up if they called someone.

6. You can now no longer roam with your number. I travel all the time. Now if I'm in New York and I want to use my Toronto number to call someone else in Toronto, I have to pay long distance.

7. Also it's no longer $5/month ($50/year). They raised the prices to $10 a month.

Enough reasons for you?
No your first post wasn't credible because you didn't state any reasons for bashing vbuzzer. I take it you aren't fully awake yet?

Anyways, if they did change it to $10 a month, I am gonna start looking for alternatives too. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: I checked my account and the next billing date for me is May 2010, does that mean I am still on $5 a month until May? I guess I won't have to switch right away.

My pay-as-you-go balance is ~$9, is it possible to get a refund?
enon
Jan 28, 2008
35 posts
Toronto
enon wrote:
Jan 24th, 2010 12:19 pm
No your first post wasn't credible because you didn't state any reasons for bashing vbuzzer. I take it you aren't fully awake yet?

Anyways, if they did change it to $10 a month, I am gonna start looking for alternatives too. Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: I checked my account and the next billing date for me is May 2010, does that mean I am still on $5 a month until May? I guess I won't have to switch right away.

My pay-as-you-go balance is ~$9, is it possible to get a refund?
Again, what does the credibility of my post have to do with my asking for an alternative? Also, why are you asking if I'm awake? Is that some sort of passive aggressive insult?

Regarding the $10/month, it's only for new signups, at least for now. The existing users have been changed from $50/year to $56.50/year.

Regarding your pay-as-you-go balance, good luck getting any refund from vbuzzer. They raised all their long distance rates as well, so I'd definitely request it, but good luck getting it.

What about the rest of my points? Do you agree with them?
Banned
Jan 4, 2010
1584 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
mjronline wrote:
Jan 24th, 2010 12:27 pm
Again, what does the credibility of my post have to do with my asking for an alternative? Also, why are you asking if I'm awake? Is that some sort of passive aggressive insult?

Regarding the $10/month, it's only for new signups, at least for now. The existing users have been changed from $50/year to $56.50/year.

Regarding your pay-as-you-go balance, good luck getting any refund from vbuzzer. They raised all their long distance rates as well, so I'd definitely request it, but good luck getting it.

What about the rest of my points? Do you agree with them?
It is just when someone says that they are dissatisfied with the company the post would have been more believable if you gave your reasons (like you did in your following post, so things are fine now). As for asking for an alternative voip service, it's your money you can spend it anyway you like.

As for your points

1. Their support sucks. They don't respond to half of the messages sent to them. I have never had any problems with email support, the only thing I can give you is the last time I had to email them for support was months ago and things could have changed?

2. Their service was down for an entire hour on Dec. 31 and they offered no compensation for it. I don't have any comment, other than it is annoying when it happens. As a comparison, Bell's landline is almost never down, what is it, like 99.99999% uptime guaranteed? Just curious do other companies conpensate for downtime? I was thinking of Blackberry, everytime they go down it makes the news.

3. They delete any posts off their forum that are even slightly negative so that nobody will find any complaints. This is not right, if there are valid complaints they should be visible.

4. Over the last week many people have been having problems calling toll free numbers including myself. I rarely call tollfree so I can't comment. As long as they fix it a prevent the problem from coming up again I can forgive them. Toll free numbers need to work properly

5. Over the last week many people have been experiencing called id issues where the wrong number would come up if they called someone. I think they fixed this now? I noticed this too. It was strange.

6. You can now no longer roam with your number. I travel all the time. Now if I'm in New York and I want to use my Toronto number to call someone else in Toronto, I have to pay long distance. I don't travel out of GTA often. No comment.

7. Also it's no longer $5/month ($50/year). They raised the prices to $10 a month. You mentioned current users have the rate at $56/yr is this permanent? or will all users eventually have to go with $10/m
enon
× < >