• Feb 9th, 2005 4:07 pm
Tags:
None
62 replies
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
CSR wrote:HE can take the finger and shove it.
up the raps ass... the raps got raped in the trade...
Jan 24, 2004
187 posts
i have to admitt, it's hard to see carter playing like that and think 'what if' he gave the raptors the same effort,...hands down we'ld be on top of the weak atlantic with breathing room...in fact we would be the team to beat in the atlantic...

but with saying that, i hope our current team pulls together and make a good run in the second half...i still think we could pull off tops in the atlantic...

the really sad part is...we're a million times better than jersey, and carter would have had more options here...but when your heart isn't in it, you just become a benchwarmer...
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Spinz wrote:i have to admitt, it's hard to see carter playing like that and think 'what if' he gave the raptors the same effort,...hands down we'ld be on top of the weak atlantic with breathing room...in fact we would be the team to beat in the atlantic...

but with saying that, i hope our current team pulls together and make a good run in the second half...i still think we could pull off tops in the atlantic...

the really sad part is...we're a million times better than jersey, and carter would have had more options here...but when your heart isn't in it, you just become a benchwarmer...
how do you figure the pathetic raps are any better than NJ let alone a million times? who do we have... a 2nd year undersized PF that is good.. and then nothing

Jason Kidd and VC is way better back court than TO and TO doesnt have a front court or bench.

and NJ still got a RJ comming back next season.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2001
2049 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Spinz wrote:i have to admitt, it's hard to see carter playing like that and think 'what if' he gave the raptors the same effort,...hands down we'ld be on top of the weak atlantic with breathing room...in fact we would be the team to beat in the atlantic...

you're forgetting how Kidd makes every wing player that he plays with look ALOT better

i said it when the trade went down...NJ is one of the best places he could've ended up. He gets to stay in the weaker conference and have a higher chance of making the playoffs and doing something, he gets to play with Kidd who will make him look like a top 15 player again, and he gets to be close to NY (big market) but far enough that he doesn't get skewered for every thing that he does
Oct 29, 2004
42 posts
that crazy 360 layup over 4 guys was pretty impressive...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
well deserved
he has been quite impressive lately
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3719 posts
1680 upvotes
This is just anoying, and expected. He cheated the fans out of what he was being paid for in Toronto and Canada, with no effort here.
Yay for the carter fans, he so great, bla bla bla. Still wouldn't want him on my team. Only a matter of time before he gets bored and stops trying or gets injured.
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
dvdvideo wrote:This is just anoying, and expected. He cheated the fans out of what he was being paid for in Toronto and Canada, with no effort here.
Yay for the carter fans, he so great, bla bla bla. Still wouldn't want him on my team. Only a matter of time before he gets bored and stops trying or gets injured.
oh ya... we are much better off with mopete who tries but fails miserably everytime that a disinterested VC is better than any other player on the raps except on ocassion CB4.
Jan 24, 2004
187 posts
FuNPoLiCe001 wrote:you're forgetting how Kidd makes every wing player that he plays with look ALOT better

i said it when the trade went down...NJ is one of the best places he could've ended up. He gets to stay in the weaker conference and have a higher chance of making the playoffs and doing something, he gets to play with Kidd who will make him look like a top 15 player again, and he gets to be close to NY (big market) but far enough that he doesn't get skewered for every thing that he does

but i see it this way,...no doubting kidd's capabilites, but who else is there...a bunch of mediocore players who would be bench players on most teams...

so there is a one two punch in jersey---kidd, and carter

here in T.O

we have

alston, cb4, mo pete (at home), j rose, marshall.....

i see more talent here than i see in jersey...

it's a matter of time before carter gets exhausted by playing post, he can't keep this up as the only scorer on the team...and even if he does, it doesn't mean it would equate to wins...
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
dvdvideo wrote:Our record without vince isn't any worse than with him, so your point has no leg to stand on at all. CB4 continues to deliver, when the team actaully gives him touches.
schedule differences and most important thing is what did we get in return? two bench warmers and future bench warmers with midteens 1st round picks
Banned
Jan 11, 2004
19816 posts
572 upvotes
Spinz wrote:but i see it this way,...no doubting kidd's capabilites, but who else is there...a bunch of mediocore players who would be bench players on most teams...

here in T.O

we have

it's a matter of time before carter gets exhausted by playing post, he can't keep this up as the only scorer on the team...and even if he does, it doesn't mean it would equate to wins...
come on..alston?? mopete is a lost cause, J rose is on decline, marshall is a PF that plays like a SF and moreso this season takes over mopete's role from last year of standing in a corner since mopete plays like milt now and throws up bricks while running at the basket
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3719 posts
1680 upvotes
It wasn't just the schedule differences.

Our return was poor becuase vince didn't put out the effort here. He screwed us while he was here, and he screwed us after he is gone. Yes we lost, but he was a cancer on the team chemistry, and what they are trying to build, if it works out, will be better in the long run.
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
Spinz wrote:but i see it this way,...no doubting kidd's capabilites, but who else is there...a bunch of mediocore players who would be bench players on most teams...

here in T.O

we have

i wouldn't exactly call our team full of talent....
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2001
3719 posts
1680 upvotes
[QUOTE]come on..alston?? mopete is a lost cause, J rose is on decline, marshall is a PF that plays like a SF and moreso this season takes over mopete's role from last year of standing in a corner since mopete plays like milt now and throws up bricks while running at the basket[/QUOTE]

Alston is at a crossroads......he will either become an excellent nba point guard (he has the building blocks to do so) or end up as low as not even on an nba team. It all depends on wether he canstablize and run the team or will self destruct, nobody knows which way it will go right now.

J Rose is still an excellent player, but we are overpaying him, and his attitude could be better. Mopete, don't understand him on the road. Marshall has faded a lot from last season, he's not active enough. I don't like milt, but at least he has done better than last year......
He's such a liability still though, they know he won't shoot a 3 so they cheat off on whomever he passes to.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
Let me get this straight. We traded Vince for who? Who do we have to show for that's a starter?? Is Eric Williams even a starter? I haven't noticed him since the first 2 games he played. Great trade!!!! :confused:
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart