• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2017 3:10 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Jul 1, 2009
58 posts
1 upvote

Vegan Wallet

Hey. Any suggestions to any durable wallet manufacturers that make vegan friendly wallets? I usually carry 6 cards, a few bills and coins. Below are my requirements:
  1. Non leather (vegan friendly)
  2. Skinny wallet (so it isn't very thick)
  3. Fairly durable (ok if it gets a bit wet from rain, and doesn't rip easily)
  4. Area to store coins would be a bonus
9 replies
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
23463 posts
1521 upvotes
Markham
I cannot even...
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9431 posts
704 upvotes
There's a bunch of new slim wallets out there that use different materials other than leather... so I guess they are vegan friendly:

Wallets made with carbon fiber (plastic) and elastic bands:

Magnets:

Metal:

I have the metal one above. It's called Decadent Minimalist. I got the 12 card titanium version with the money clip. I also got the RFID blocker. It's very durable. Water will not affect it. The part I like most is there is no part that can wear down. Many of the new slim wallets are like the first picture where there is a band of some sort. That band will wear out far before the wallet will. Cons: it does scratch easily (I keep keys and coins in the same pocket, so this would have happened with any wallet), expensive and will scratch up which ever card is at the ends (the RFID blocker does protect the cards well, but that's only if you pay extra for it). Their customer service is also ultra slow. It took 4 weeks and 4 emails to get a response. I finally got a response when I wrote a negative review on Amazon (which magically got deleted). I like the product. I feel it's a few iterations from being great, but would not recommend due to their crappy service and over pricing.

There are so many other designs of slim wallets. Some that can hold change as well. Check out this site for a few other options: https://www.slimwalletjunkie.com/pages/kickstarters
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
1553 posts
213 upvotes
Scarborough
Is it made from sustainable resources which can be traced back to their origins?

Trolling aside, paper wallet is pretty durable.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10288 posts
1322 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Re: magnets. I thought magnets screw up the magnetic stripe on cards. Winners gift cards require u to swipe the gift card, for example.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel