• Apr 21st, 2017 9:40 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Nov 29, 2005
329 posts
9 upvotes
Markham

Verbal Confirmation of Interview

So I had a telephone interview with an HR from a company...and she verbally invited me in for an interview next Tuesday and advised she will send me an email in regards to the details. I have not yet received the anticipated email....so I sent her a friendly reminder EOD yesterday indicated, i know she may be busy with daily workload and etcc...

I am writing to follow up on the interview confirmation...does it mean they are no longer interested in me if i don't receive it today?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2007
4776 posts
774 upvotes
Peterborough
If you had a phone interview, you should be following up by phone imo.

Maybe your email went to spam?
Sep 13, 2016
903 posts
400 upvotes
jojochiu wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 10:10 am
So I had a telephone interview with an HR from a company...and she verbally invited me in for an interview next Tuesday and advised she will send me an email in regards to the details. I have not yet received the anticipated email....so I sent her a friendly reminder EOD yesterday indicated, i know she may be busy with daily workload and etcc...

I am writing to follow up on the interview confirmation...does it mean they are no longer interested in me if i don't receive it today?
Give her time. If you don't hear something by Monday afternoon, drop her a polite msg. If you don't get a response, move on.
Hiring process takes time. Sometimes you do not hear anything for weeks.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9403 posts
1178 upvotes
Toronto
She may be trying to coordinate, find time, book a room with the people who are to be in the interview. To say "I know you're busy" sounds pretty 'bad' and condescending. She might have sent it today. Hopefully that doesn't screw it up for you.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5994 posts
875 upvotes
Mississauga
Did she give you details over the phone?
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
[OP]
Nov 29, 2005
329 posts
9 upvotes
Markham
Raggie wrote:
Apr 21st, 2017 12:21 pm
Did she give you details over the phone?
yes she told me the name of the person i will be meeting with, the time, she will try to coordinate with a video conference from a person in Montreal...alll that....
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5994 posts
875 upvotes
Mississauga
I would show up for the meeting. I think it's rude when the hiring companies don't follow up or respond to applicants. HR is not that busy.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
13953 posts
2414 upvotes
Toronto
Ya I hate it when I hear stories of how HR never has the courtesy to at least send an email to the applicant thanking them for their time or letting them know the outcome. Seriously, it takes 2 mins to send an email that they decided to pursue other applicants. HR is a complete joke.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4683 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
Refer to "shot self in foot" thread.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Mar 17, 2016
358 posts
234 upvotes
Don't stress too much. You'll get your email probably Monday mid-day. Government HR are notoriously slow.

I've had this happen to me a few times.