• Last Updated:
  • May 22nd, 2009 5:59 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 23, 2006
19 posts
23 upvotes

[Home Depot] Vermont Castings 4 Burner Propane BBQ $399 Reg $799

The Home Depot in Calgary has the VM508SP Vermont Casting BBQ on for half price. I bought the last one in the box at the 16th AVE NW location. They still had the floor model available. Not sure if this is nationwide or not. Many of the other BBQs were 25% off.

http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/stor ... t_castings
88 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
3299 posts
141 upvotes
Interesting... Thanks OP!

I'm heading to have a look for this model and price in Winnipeg.
Mar 5, 2006
32 posts
3 upvotes
Just a heads up that the parent company of Vermont Castings went bankrupt recently...I know that they were selling off different parts of the company, and I am not sure where the BBQ division landed.

VC used to have a really good reputation, but they have gone significantly downhill over the last couple of years...and I have seen them heavily discounted in various places.

Still, $399 for a "name" BBQ is a pretty good price. Personally, I looked at a VC last summer and after a lot of research, I landed on a Napoleon Prestige II, and I couldn't be happier....though it was a lot more than $399. :-)
Banned
Jan 1, 2009
230 posts
1 upvote
Summer is a few months off yet, but time usually flies by. Getting a new BBQ for cheap now may be worth it. Image
Aug 27, 2006
226 posts
29 upvotes
I have found few in Toronto (Dufferin and Steels had few left and apparently Markham store too). Total was 450.87 - 20% (used my GC with 20% off) so $360, not bad. Thanks OP.
Sep 6, 2001
1 posts
Thanks for great find. Richmond location still has a few in stock. Other GVR locations don't seem to have same price or even any in stock. 3 burner version available for $349, while 5 burner version is still $1000 (no discount). This 4 burner model seems to be the best buy, especially with the $25 coupon. (we had one from Canada Post when we moved). Best to call ahead to avoid disappointment. Beware, the box is VERY large and quite heavy. Barely fit in large SUV. Even all built this will take up more space than your average BBQ, so keep in mind. Happy BBQ-ing...
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2001
1542 posts
231 upvotes
Calgary
The Vermont Castings 5007 from Costco for $649 last year was one of the best deals i ever got on RFD.

5007 = Made in Canada
5008 = Made in China
Nov 17, 2008
55 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
Do you think any of the Webers will go on sale?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3883 posts
312 upvotes
sjb110 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2009 5:48 pm
Do you think any of the Webers will go on sale?
Sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiim chance.

My cousin got one from HD or CT (can't remember) up in Richmond Hill when they were having a grand opening two summers ago. He went right at store opening, and there was already someone else lining up for it too. I think it was 40% off. Great deal.

Good luck!
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3883 posts
312 upvotes
THANK YOU OP!!

Just moved into a new house last fall, and it comes with a deck...I missed out on the last bbq sale during the fall that CT had, but I think this blows the pants off of that sale!

Vermont Castings what!!!

ALSO, they put a hole in my box when bringing it down from the shelf, and put a little dent on the side of the left door. So I asked for a discount, they gave me $80 off!! :D :D :D scoooooooore!!

If I wasn't already engaged, I'd ask RFD to marry me.

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Jun 3, 2005
637 posts
34 upvotes
GTA
deezz wrote:
Feb 13th, 2009 7:58 pm
THANK YOU OP!!
If I wasn't already engaged, I'd ask RFD to marry me.
You're willing to marry RFD because you got a deal on a BBQ?? Geeez, I can't imagine what deal you had to score to get your fiance. :razz:
Jan 17, 2002
671 posts
18 upvotes
MafiaHitman wrote:
Feb 13th, 2009 7:30 am
The Vermont Castings 5007 from Costco for $649 last year was one of the best deals i ever got on RFD.

5007 = Made in Canada
5008 = Made in China
I nailed one of those last year as well and it is awesome. Took 3 hours off work in the morning to get it. Totally worth it.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
3883 posts
312 upvotes
clammydog wrote:
Feb 13th, 2009 8:07 pm
You're willing to marry RFD because you got a deal on a BBQ?? Geeez, I can't imagine what deal you had to score to get your fiance. :razz:
lol nice, no deal necessary, she loves that I get deals too :P

punk.

This deal is just one of many awesome deals I've received from RFD, so, I'm just exaggerating my appreciation.

× < >