• Feb 15th, 2015 11:37 am
Tags:
None
Oct 19, 2014
15 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON

VHS Tapes to Digital

Just looking for someone who had an experience converting VHS tapes to digital format. I am aware that there are kits for sale, but I am looking for a first hand experience.
I am looking to preserve as much quality as possible.

Thank
4 replies
Dec 25, 2006
750 posts
785 upvotes
Winnipeg
Easy - I own an older model of the Toshiba DVR630. Works great, very simple. (If by digital you mean VHS to DVD).
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2012
2319 posts
620 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
If you have a decent vhs with an output, the kits work just fine.

I only ever used it on one VHS, but the quality was pretty good and was super easy.
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the Dazzle Moviestar hardware/software to put all my VHS tape contents into my harddrive and share it in Kazaa. Fun times in 2001.

Then came Microsoft forcing me "better" Windows updates and finally Windows 8 did not accept my trusted and reliable Dazzle Moviestar and I had to buy a Hauppage DVR recorder, the hardware box that gamers use to record their play and upload to Youtube. It sucks. Im forced to use a TV tuner on my desktop and I still have to use an old VCR with it. Look in Youtube for Hauppage, this can be your option.
Jul 26, 2010
734 posts
68 upvotes
Burlington
Here's a thought - store your vhs tapes and an old vhs player/recorder! When the kjds and grandkids ask about those family treasures, pull out the old machine and tapes and dazzle them with your historic media knowledge. Same can be said for 8-tracks, cassettes, and heaven forbid, 45s, 78s and 33&1/3 platters!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)