• Dec 2nd, 2010 11:20 am
Tags:
None
Jan 3, 2008
265 posts
37 upvotes

vibram five fingers in toronto

Hey guys,

Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section. I am in need of new running shoes and have read so many good things about the Vibram Five Fingers (KSO model). I would like to buy a pair but they are not carried in Toronto as far as I know. Before I go ahead and buy them online, I was wondering how the sizing worked. For reference, my old Nike Running shoes (Air Pegasus 2007) are size 8.5 Mens (Regular) and my current day to day shoes are a 8.5 sized Lacoste sneaker.

I run about three miles four to six times a week and have never had trouble with my Nikes. I would just love to try these shoes everyone seems to praise!

Thanks for any feedback.

Rosarkar
9 replies
Jan 3, 2008
265 posts
37 upvotes
They are seasonal items at MEC and won't be carried again until the springtime :(
May 7, 2006
400 posts
68 upvotes
I think I saw them at Europe Bound's display window 2 weeks ago on the Front St location.
They don't currently have it on their site though, but I guess you could try and give them a call Europe Bound Contact Info
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9473 posts
2650 upvotes
Damn those are hot. Made in China so I wouldn't mind a knock off if I can find one cheaper (imagine the knock offs being made here :lol :) . I wonder if they're selling these at Pacific Mall?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
Make dam sure you don't heel strike in VFFs
Let's hug it out
Jan 3, 2008
265 posts
37 upvotes
awesome! thanks for the info, I'll be sure to call the Europe's bound store on Tuesday (have an economics term test tommorow evening) :)

after looking at some past threads... people mention ordering these shoes off the website directly... how can I go about doing that, is there a link for the official vibram store?
Jan 15, 2006
19 posts
2 upvotes
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

They ship with USPS ($10) so no brokerage fees. I also didn't have to pay any duty. However, the sizing is a little tricky--I measured using their guide, but I think I would have preferred one size smaller than recommended.
Jan 3, 2008
265 posts
37 upvotes
i ordered them about 3 weeks ago off crossroadsonline.com, still are stuck at customs (been there 10 days now) :(

hoping they'll get to me before christmas...
Dec 7, 2007
567 posts
21 upvotes
beware that running barefoot (ie: vibrams) will be a vastly different experience than your nike's (unless youve been running in free's or free runs)..try to ease into it..start out with just walking around in them for a few hours at a time and then progressing into a run

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)