Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Amazon.ca] Victorinox Swisschamp XLT, Cybertool 34, Swisstool

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 5th, 2014 7:42 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area

[Amazon.ca] Victorinox Swisschamp XLT, Cybertool 34, Swisstool

I have found some warmish deals on some of Victorinox's more elite products. I am a collector and huge fan of Victorinox multitools, and these prices are as low as they generally ever get.

No, it's not as great as the infamous 2012 Future Shop price error sale where I managed to grab a few Cybertool 34s for $45 each. But that kind of craziness is unlikely to be repeated.

1. Cybertool 34 -$66 - this is my favorite multitool of all time and my third hand, carry one on me constantly. Generally sells for $85-$90 in Canada.

http://www.amazon.ca/Victorinox-Swiss-C ... =cybertool

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41C3YHRXVSL.jpg[/IMG]

2. Swisschamp XLT- $145- This generally sells for at least $200. Yes it is expensive, but this is a model aimed mainly at collectors and hardcore SAK enthusiasts. I don't own one of these and $145 is still a bit too much coin for me, but a good deal if you're looking for this. This RARELY goes on sale.

http://www.amazon.ca/Victorinox-Swiss-A ... swisschamp

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414R60VCW3L.jpg[/IMG]

3. Swisstool RS -$73 - My favorite Swisstool, as it includes the scissors. - Large, heavy duty multitool

http://www.amazon.ca/Victorinox-53935-S ... =swisstool

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41g2Pz8o8KL.jpg[/IMG]

4. Original Swisstool - $68

Similar to the RS, but adds a file and loses the scissors.

http://www.amazon.ca/Victorinox-Swiss-A ... =swisstool

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41n7dPsKOvL.jpg[/IMG]

If anyone else sees some good Victorinox deals, feel free to share em.
29 replies
Mar 12, 2012
669 posts
795 upvotes
Belleville
Nice work on the post. I have a swisstool X, and wish I had bought the RS instead for the extra blade. But I love it, and it's a work of art.

I recently bought a leatherman wave (part of the $45 deal on this site) because I like to collect the multitools. It's junk compared to this.

Excellent price for the swisstools
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
3978 posts
4234 upvotes
Not sure whether to thank or hate you OP .... Very tempted x) ....but dont need it
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Xoanan wrote: Nice work on the post. I have a swisstool X, and wish I had bought the RS instead for the extra blade. But I love it, and it's a work of art.

I recently bought a leatherman wave (part of the $45 deal on this site) because I like to collect the multitools. It's junk compared to this.

Excellent price for the swisstools
I own a Leatherman Wave too. It's decent but I much prefer my Cybertool. I'm an IT office worker, but if I worked trades I'd rather have a larger Leatherman like the Supertool anyways.

The fit and finish on the Swisstools is just so much better than the Wave and the full size swisstools can take a ton of abuse. Victorinox stuff will also NEVER RUST, unlike Leatherman stuff.
Mar 12, 2012
669 posts
795 upvotes
Belleville
I'm an IT guy too, can't believe how often I use my X. That's my daily carry, but I have a few smaller one for times when carrying a knife on your belt looks bad.

The cybertool - are all the 'bits' stored in the knife, or do you have to carry them separate? (i.e. the drivers bits)
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
Xoanan wrote: I'm an IT guy too, can't believe how often I use my X. That's my daily carry, but I have a few smaller one for times when carrying a knife on your belt looks bad.

The cybertool - are all the 'bits' stored in the knife, or do you have to carry them separate? (i.e. the drivers bits)
The bits are all stored in the knife. 4 double sided bits = 8 screw driver sizes - torx, micro Philips etc. And it works so much better than the Leathermans, used as a screwdriver. The cybertool has many of the most commonly used bits for computers and other small electronics. It's by far the best pocket screwdriver I've ever owned and all the other features are icing on the cake.

The X is a great tool, but I like the Cybertool as the Swisstool X is a bit too bulky for pocket carry. The Cybertool 34 is about 150 g and is about the largest thing most people would want to pocket carry. Some people think the 34 is too big for pocket carry and prefer the Cybertool 29 which is only 100 g, but you lose the scissors (dealbreaker for me) and pliers.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
They are not all time low prices but not bad if you absolutely must have another multitool right now.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
BinaryJay wrote: They are not all time low prices but not bad if you absolutely must have another multitool right now.
This is true, but I don't think many of the all time low prices will be repeated. Also, the prices of Victorinox stuff in Canada have been steadily rising over the past few years. Much more than inflation, lol. The sales are not what they were a few years ago. So for 2014 I think these are excellent prices but the prices on Amazon.ca fluctuate wildly.

Knife and Multitool prices in general have increased a lot - even on Exduct, Ebay etc.

A few years ago I got a few Cybertool 29s for $29.99 each on Amazon.ca, but I didn't mention that as I don't think crazy deals like that will be repeated. I've heard that Victorinox has cut ties with many distributors in North America so that will push prices up.

I personally have not seen better prices than these within the past two years.
May 13, 2009
483 posts
647 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I purchased the Cybertool back in 2001/2002 when I was in Geneva, Switzerland and I still use it to this day. One of the most useful tools out there. For computers, camping, opening beer/wine, etc.
Highly recommend the Cybertool.
Oct 14, 2014
6 posts
Calgary, AB
I used to own a Cybertool34 and it's my most fav SAK tool until some thieves broke into our home and stole it away
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
mkk3gno wrote: I used to own a Cybertool34 and it's my most fav SAK tool until some thieves broke into our home and stole it away
That rots! I collect SAKs and for me, the the Cybertool 34 is the closest thing to a perfect Every Day Carry for me. Wish they had kept the scissors but removed the pliers to make it smaller and lighter, but for me, it's the best product Victorinox makes. I use mine several times a day, every day.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
pongster wrote: The quality of these Victorinox knives are unreal, they last forever and don't rust. I have had this one: http://www.amazon.ca/Victorinox-Swiss-H ... HB62QVC50K since I was a kid (about 30 years ago) and it's still going great, no rust at all
The Huntsman is a great one but the Amazon.ca price is meh. A good price for that is around $25 - $30.

But like I said, prices have really increased over the past few years. I posted what I saw as the best deals.
Oct 14, 2014
6 posts
Calgary, AB
I agree, it's the best tool for me as well.
The scissors stay razor sharp after I owned the tool for at least 8 years and I bought it online as soon as it was out for about USD35.

Although right now I'm hoping they'll make a cybertool 35, maybe with tiny bb gun built into it or something - all work no play makes life boring :)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1356 posts
145 upvotes
Looking at the pics that accompany the Cybertool on Amazon sure brought back memories of the good ol' PC days when you had to set jumpers and work with loose parallel and comm/serial ports.
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
mkk3gno wrote: I agree, it's the best tool for me as well.
The scissors stay razor sharp after I owned the tool for at least 8 years and I bought it online as soon as it was out for about USD35.

Although right now I'm hoping they'll make a cybertool 35, maybe with tiny bb gun built into it or something - all work no play makes life boring :)
The Cybertool 41 was recently discontinued so there are a lot of rumors of a new model coming. A 'Cyberchamp' or something, but not as huge or expensive as the Swisschamp XLT.

Not sure of any details though, Victorinox is very slow and conservative releasing new models.
Oct 14, 2014
6 posts
Calgary, AB
Kurtz7834 wrote: The Cybertool 41 was recently discontinued so there are a lot of rumors of a new model coming. A 'Cyberchamp' or something, but not as huge or expensive as the Swisschamp XLT.

Not sure of any details though, Victorinox is very slow and conservative releasing new models.
Thanks for the news. I'll wait for the new model and compare that with the 34 before deciding if I want to get one :)
Deal Expert
Oct 27, 2003
18444 posts
9757 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
mkk3gno wrote: Thanks for the news. I'll wait for the new model and compare that with the 34 before deciding if I want to get one :)
The new Cybertool model has been rumored for at least 2 years and nothing officially announced yet. So you may be waiting a while.

I expect it will be a bigger model in line with the size of the Swiss Champ and Cybertool 41 (each about 185 g, fat heavy SAKs). The Cybertool 34 is a lot smaller and preferable to me.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
4047 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
They all look amazing ... have a fairly basic model and don't need another but love these. The price for the Cybertool seems very decent.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)