• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2017 10:51 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes

Video ads on iOS RFD app?

Just noticed some pop up video ad that comes up automatically when I am surfing the forum using the iOS RFd app. Is it something new ?
19 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
I'll try to get a screen shot next time it pops up
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
coilz wrote: I'll try to get a screen shot next time it pops up
Thanks. It'll help us find and remove it a lot quicker. Please also send us the page you were on when it appeared.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Thanks. It'll help us find and remove it a lot quicker. Please also send us the page you were on when it appeared.
OK I think i've figured out which thread/page that gave issue. it was https://forums.redflagdeals.com/linksys ... #p28245403 and when you click on the link provided it'll send you to the linksys site, where then their video will automatically play and you can't stop it. Only way is to close the app and relaunch.

I remember there was another instance of another video launching too, but i suspect it's probably when its off the rfd site.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
coilz wrote: OK I think i've figured out which thread/page that gave issue. it was https://forums.redflagdeals.com/linksys ... #p28245403 and when you click on the link provided it'll send you to the linksys site, where then their video will automatically play and you can't stop it. Only way is to close the app and relaunch.

I remember there was another instance of another video launching too, but i suspect it's probably when its off the rfd site.
I just tested it out and it's happening to me too. This isn't actually a problem with any ad we're running as the video is playing on the merchants website once the page loads. I'm not sure if there's anything we can do about it but I'll inquire with the mobile team to see if they have any ideas. I've added a note to the thread to warn people that this might happen.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Ok got the one video that appeared when I was just on the hot deal forum page. It's a video for "sporting life in cf mall". I took a screen shot will have to upload somewhere to post on here when I get home

Edit: Uploaded screen shot of video encountered. From google the CF market mall is a mall in Calgary....

Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
coilz wrote: Ok got the one video that appeared when I was just on the hot deal forum page. It's a video for "sporting life in cf mall". I took a screen shot will have to upload somewhere to post on here when I get home

Edit: Uploaded screen shot of video encountered. From google the CF market mall is a mall in Calgary....

Your host doesn't allow hot linking of images. You can upload directly to our forums using the advanced reply page.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
Ok uploaded via advanced reply
Images
  • IMG_6576.PNG
Oct 28, 2015
314 posts
116 upvotes
coilz wrote: Ok uploaded via advanced reply
I’m constantly getting this one as well (Sporting Life Coming Soon Market Mall). It pops up randomly, but mostly when I’m scrolling through the main pages of the hot deals section on my iPhone. Thought I had a virus or somethingThinking Face
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2004
5450 posts
2433 upvotes
User994301 wrote: I’m constantly getting this one as well (Sporting Life Coming Soon Market Mall). It pops up randomly, but mostly when I’m scrolling through the main pages of the hot deals section on my iPhone. Thought I had a virus or somethingThinking Face
I guess its good I am not the only one getting the ad too
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
We're looking into the Sporting Life ad right now.

Again if anyone sees a video ad pop up please share both the URL of the page it appeared on and what your location (city) is in addition to what the video ad was. This will help us track down and remove the ads a lot faster.
Apr 13, 2005
247 posts
49 upvotes
This has been happening to me also... Sporting Life Yorkdale ad pops up. Happens after I click on Hot Deals link on mobile menu. Based in Milton.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
10009 upvotes
Edmonton
I got the Sporting Life ad this weekend too. In Edmonton.

C
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
10009 upvotes
Edmonton
Got the ad again just now...

C
Oct 28, 2015
314 posts
116 upvotes
I’ve been getting every day for weeks. Always when perusing Hot Deals- randomly just pops up, out of nowhere
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2003
1000 posts
136 upvotes
Ontario
I am getting the Sporting Life ad too
Feb 20, 2011
260 posts
29 upvotes
Me too. Sporting Life Ad in Edmonton. Pops up in Automotive forum.
Sep 6, 2006
567 posts
1295 upvotes
Toronto
I am encountering the video ad as well for sporting life while browsing the hot deals forum. Closed app and relaunched and same thing. Comes up every other min.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36618 upvotes
Scarborough
We'll check into the Sporting Life video ad. Thanks for reporting it.

Was it mobile only or desktop too? Did anyone happen to grab a screenshot of it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)