Hot Deals

[Videotron] $23/month New Discount Cellular Service called Fizz: Québec prov./Ottawa region Unlimited voice + text + 1 GB LTE data

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 8:00 pm
Sep 30, 2007
86 posts
39 upvotes
Just received the internet beta invitation! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Just wondering, how is the throttling with fizz? I'm planning to get the 120 plan and I am wondering how much of the bandwith I'll actually get during peak hours.
Aug 1, 2010
996 posts
580 upvotes
Montreal
Speedbeaver wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 2:45 pm
Just received the internet beta invitation! Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Just wondering, how is the throttling with fizz? I'm planning to get the 120 plan and I am wondering how much of the bandwith I'll actually get during peak hours.
When/if they throttle, it's on upload speed only and never noticeably (from my personal experience)
Sep 30, 2007
86 posts
39 upvotes
kangmlee wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 3:19 pm
When/if they throttle, it's on upload speed only and never noticeably (from my personal experience)
Nice! I switched over to Carrytel 60/10 @ 40$/month a few months ago and I have seen throttling up to 50% of my speed at peak hours. A friend of mine saw up to 95% throttling (only 3mbps) in the first week he activated the service.
Jul 30, 2016
366 posts
105 upvotes
let me know if someone needs fizz mobile data, i can offer 1 or 2 GB as i am finishing month in 2 days. Thanks!
Feb 28, 2015
502 posts
103 upvotes
Montreal, QC
beta is over for me, the price changed to 53 tax in for 8gb us+cad, due to referrals i paid 13$, will cancel before month end.
Jul 30, 2016
366 posts
105 upvotes
nahsha wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 5:29 pm
beta is over for me, the price changed to 53 tax in for 8gb us+cad, due to referrals i paid 13$, will cancel before month end.

It beta is extended for 5 mins right ? I got emails before.
Sep 9, 2016
53 posts
2 upvotes
I thought the mobile plan pricing was locked in. Can someone confirm? Also I would like to sign up for the internet service, but have not been invited, can someone sign me up for?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3329 posts
1552 upvotes
spig01 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 5:21 pm
I thought the mobile plan pricing was locked in. Can someone confirm? Also I would like to sign up for the internet service, but have not been invited, can someone sign me up for?
Mobile plan pricing is locked in for launch prices, not for beta prices. When beta ends you change to launch prices
Aug 27, 2009
681 posts
407 upvotes
Speedbeaver wrote:
Mar 6th, 2019 2:45 pm
I haven't noticed any throttling (tested friday, saturday and Sunday).
Sep 9, 2016
53 posts
2 upvotes
DoorCrasher wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 5:30 pm
Mobile plan pricing is locked in for launch prices, not for beta prices. When beta ends you change to launch prices
I have my daughter signed up for $25 for the all inclusive plan with 2 GB data, which is a sweet deal. It does have $34 crossed off next to it. So once the service offially launches do I lose me rebate?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1630 posts
557 upvotes
Quebec
spig01 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 5:59 pm
I have my daughter signed up for $25 for the all inclusive plan with 2 GB data, which is a sweet deal. It does have $34 crossed off next to it. So once the service offially launches do I lose me rebate?
If you don't change your plan after the service launch you will keep the price
Nov 21, 2008
449 posts
5 upvotes
Montreal
Signed up this week, got my sim in 2 days, took 15 minutes to port my number and get service. Impressed so far! No issue to report yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1808 posts
525 upvotes
Ottawa
nahsha wrote: beta is over for me, the price changed to 53 tax in for 8gb us+cad, due to referrals i paid 13$, will cancel before month end.
Videotron is more expensive than fizz with USA coverage. 6g data with USA coverage is already $55.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1808 posts
525 upvotes
Ottawa
wxw2015 wrote: It seems that Fizz only takes Canadian credit card when subscribing to their mobile service. My friend used her foreign credit card, can't go through the process. I suggested her to go to a bank and ask for a credit card issued under deposits. Hope it will work!
Don’t buy vanilla prepaid credit card from shell. It doesn’t work with Fizz. Card works with other companies , I use it to pay gas after.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.