Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Videotron] $23/month New Discount Cellular Service called Fizz: Québec prov./Ottawa region Unlimited voice + text + 1 GB LTE data

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 9:11 am
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1821 posts
530 upvotes
Ottawa
Temporel wrote: I have given away data many times to many subscribers up to the last minute of the last day of my billing cycle with no problem. :) Try it. You will find out that it works. Cheers!
The 48 hours no change rule he said is true. You didn’t change your plan so you are free to do anything.

If receiver is in last 48 hours of plan change transition time , he won’t be able to receive your gift.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4128 posts
2426 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 2:41 pm
Thanks for finding the reference and posting it "DoorCrasher", You are a valuable contributor to this thread. :) But remember, it's Fizz... With their "Surprisingly fun" way of doing things... ineptly and then patting themselves on the back for doing such a great job! :rolleyes: Like you showed in one of the link that you supplied. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I have given away data many times to many subscribers up to the last minute of the last day of my billing cycle with no problem. :) Try it. You will find out that it works. Cheers!
Well I experienced it myself. You remember the plan I opened for "testing" purpose, I had data left in that plan, and tried to give it to my other plan within the 48 hours. The gifting did not worked. i was about to loose that data, and chatted with Fizz. they then credited my card for the data left in $$.

But you are right about the fact that "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing". Had some questioning, or bugs, and after chat or Messenger messages I had many contradictory answers regarding the same question or issue… By example, my billing cycle is supposed to be on the 31 of the month. In February, there was only 28 days, so they billed me on the February 28th, wich is ok. But now my billing cycle changed to the 28th of the month, so I'll be billed on March 28th. I am kida loosing 3 days of service. Chatted with Fizz about this issue, they opened a ticket, and got an answer email saying that this is normal. Chatted again, explained my point again, an got told by the CSR on the chat that this is an issue, this is not normal, and received an email confirming that they are escalating this bug, and that I'll receive a $3 credit. So one answer saying that this is the way it works, and a second answer saying that this is indeed a bug, and I even got a small refund.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1821 posts
530 upvotes
Ottawa
Temporel wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 5:00 pm

So, Data Gifting is a "Change of plan" according to Fizz?
Data gifting is not. What I did is downgrade data to 2g, which is plan change.

I did data plan change and was frozen in last 48 hours. If you send me data in the 48 hours, it will say "receier doesn't have data plan".
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
May 31, 2017
108 posts
65 upvotes
montreal
Temporel wrote:
Feb 15th, 2019 12:02 pm

If you subscribe for Fizz's Home Internet during the beta period, you will keep that beta price for as long as you don't change plan.

Prices: $25/$30/$35/$45 for 15/30/60/120 Mbps Unlimited 10 Mbps Upload (20 Mbps Upload with the 120 Mbps Download) with Free auto-installation and Free modem rental.

Deal Fanatic
Oct 1, 2004
5913 posts
538 upvotes
Toronto
For the people that got in through beta, where are you going after the beta prices expires? Believe my is done mid April
Feb 28, 2015
614 posts
148 upvotes
Montreal, QC
greg123 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2019 10:47 am
For the people that got in through beta, where are you going after the beta prices expires? Believe my is done mid April
My beta price expired a couple of days ago, since then I have cancelled my plan. (It will expire at the end of this month)

I'd keep fizz only if I lost my grandfathered data plan.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2154 posts
811 upvotes
Quebec
According to some reddit users

Beta pricing for internet ends March 13
Sep 23, 2009
138 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
ratatapa wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 7:09 pm
According to some reddit users

Beta pricing for internet ends March 13
found that message on FB forum. according to the OP, she received in email(?)
Images
  • end beta.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4128 posts
2426 upvotes
st-d wrote:
Mar 11th, 2019 7:18 pm
found that message on FB forum. according to the OP, she received in email(?)
9 minutes late. Look above ;)
Sep 23, 2009
138 posts
39 upvotes
Montreal
wonder if they will honor their price. I want to keep my 120/20 for 40$.....
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
4128 posts
2426 upvotes
well they did not told us that soon… did not subscribed yet Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes