Hot Deals

[Videotron] $23/month New Discount Cellular Service called Fizz: Québec prov./Ottawa region Unlimited voice + text + 1 GB LTE data

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 8:00 pm
Sep 9, 2016
53 posts
2 upvotes
ratatapa wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 6:11 pm
If you don't change your plan after the service launch you will keep the price
Thanks for the clarification. Pretty sweet deal, daughter has no complaints other than 1 day her outgoing calls were seen as American sourced calls by her friends
Jul 30, 2016
366 posts
105 upvotes
Guys, who needs data in fizz mobile. I can still give out 1 to 2 GB. IM me. I’m still in beta.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
6151 posts
1065 upvotes
Mont-Royal
spig01 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 9:30 pm
even changing the installation date changing the price?

Thanks for the clarification. Pretty sweet deal, daughter has no complaints other than 1 day her outgoing calls were seen as American sourced calls by her friends
iamagtaguy wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 11:54 pm
Guys, who needs data in fizz mobile. I can still give out 1 to 2 GB. IM me. I’m still in beta.
for free? how?
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1630 posts
557 upvotes
Quebec
Questions I will call fizz when they open but I’m still wanna ask.

I joined on February 8th and chose canada + usa coverage 4 GB for 47$ tax in. And got fully charge

On feb 12 2018 I changed my plan for 2 GB AND Canada coverage only.

I had 3.5 gb extra data.

Bill come today

Charged for a 4gb canada + usa plan ( while it says 2 GB on the usage page) and didn’t get my referral bonus while it says I should get it on the referral page. So I got charged 47$ ish instead of 5$ ish (due to the referral bonus)

Also in the usage page

I have my 3.5gb rollover but I don’t see my 2 GB Base

Thanks
Apr 23, 2011
323 posts
109 upvotes
Montreal
I got 6GB to give away.
First 4 people to pm will get 1.5 each.
Don't forget to sent your email or phone #.

edit: Please note that you need to have data included in your plan in order to be able to receive data as a gift.
Last edited by MartletMedia on Mar 8th, 2019 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 26, 2016
3 posts
5 upvotes
Anybody need any data? I've got a pile to gift. Send me a PM. 2GB chunks headed your way!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1808 posts
525 upvotes
Ottawa
Found other bug today. If it's your last day for billing (ie. Mar-8) and you're changing your plan . Fizz put your in a "locked" mode and can't receive gift data (though you have data plan), nor edit the change in last day of your current billing.

It's not a big deal but just let everybody knows it.

Update: Confirmed it’s a bug. I can receive data now in first day of new billing month.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
1538 posts
102 upvotes
Ottawa
Rogers ambassador called me back after bouncing from them with 2 lines.

Offered 5GB plan for 48$/mo and 10GB plan for 55/MO. lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3329 posts
1552 upvotes
kanata2004 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2019 2:36 pm
Found other bug today. If it's your last day for billing (ie. Mar-8) and you're changing your plan . Fizz put your in a "locked" mode and can't receive gift data (though you have data plan), nor edit the change in last day of your current billing.

It's not a big deal but just let everybody knows it.

Update: Confirmed it’s a bug. I can receive data now in first day of new billing month.
You should not make any changes to your plan within 48 hours of the billing cycle end. Important – any change to your plan must be made 48 hours before the end of your payment cycle. During those 48 hours, systems are frozen and no change can be made. You’ll therefore have to wait for the next payment cycle.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-plan

No change can be made includes no data gifting
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2265 posts
2218 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for finding the reference and posting it "DoorCrasher", You are a valuable contributor to this thread. :) But remember, it's Fizz... With their "Surprisingly fun" way of doing things... ineptly and then patting themselves on the back for doing such a great job! :rolleyes: Like you showed in one of the link that you supplied. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I have given away data many times to many subscribers up to the last minute of the last day of my billing cycle with no problem. :) Try it. You will find out that it works. Cheers!
Feb 29, 2012
178 posts
53 upvotes
spig01 wrote:
Mar 7th, 2019 9:30 pm
I have used this for calling but they have always shown as a QC number, never a US number...
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1808 posts
525 upvotes
Ottawa
Temporel wrote: I have given away data many times to many subscribers up to the last minute of the last day of my billing cycle with no problem. :) Try it. You will find out that it works. Cheers!
The 48 hours no change rule he said is true. You didn’t change your plan so you are free to do anything.

If receiver is in last 48 hours of plan change transition time , he won’t be able to receive your gift.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2013
3329 posts
1552 upvotes
Temporel wrote:
Mar 9th, 2019 2:41 pm
Thanks for finding the reference and posting it "DoorCrasher", You are a valuable contributor to this thread. :) But remember, it's Fizz... With their "Surprisingly fun" way of doing things... ineptly and then patting themselves on the back for doing such a great job! :rolleyes: Like you showed in one of the link that you supplied. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. I have given away data many times to many subscribers up to the last minute of the last day of my billing cycle with no problem. :) Try it. You will find out that it works. Cheers!
Well I experienced it myself. You remember the plan I opened for "testing" purpose, I had data left in that plan, and tried to give it to my other plan within the 48 hours. The gifting did not worked. i was about to loose that data, and chatted with Fizz. they then credited my card for the data left in $$.

But you are right about the fact that "the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing". Had some questioning, or bugs, and after chat or Messenger messages I had many contradictory answers regarding the same question or issue… By example, my billing cycle is supposed to be on the 31 of the month. In February, there was only 28 days, so they billed me on the February 28th, wich is ok. But now my billing cycle changed to the 28th of the month, so I'll be billed on March 28th. I am kida loosing 3 days of service. Chatted with Fizz about this issue, they opened a ticket, and got an answer email saying that this is normal. Chatted again, explained my point again, an got told by the CSR on the chat that this is an issue, this is not normal, and received an email confirming that they are escalating this bug, and that I'll receive a $3 credit. So one answer saying that this is the way it works, and a second answer saying that this is indeed a bug, and I even got a small refund.