Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Videotron] $23/month New Discount Cellular Service called Fizz: Québec prov./Ottawa region Unlimited voice + text + 1 GB LTE data

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2019 9:11 am
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4051 posts
1364 upvotes
yay! both my parents got the 120mb internet offer.

so I'll use one of their account for myself, and they'll use their other account :D

WINNN !
Mar 11, 2019
5 posts
has anyone in the ottawa nepean area been offered internet beta? i still haven't recieved my invitation Disappointed Face

i wonder if its a glitch on the website, when i click on get started it tells me to get a sim card, i have been a mobile subscriber for over a month..
Apr 7, 2011
625 posts
391 upvotes
ottawa
I received an email for the beta, but after I entered my address i got a message that beta is not available and I can only subscribe after the end of the beta period. I live in Orleans. Weird.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2813 posts
3271 upvotes
Montreal
I have opened a new thread for Fizz Home Internet that will officially launch this Thursday.

Any more discussion about Fizz Home Internet should go there and this thread should be kept for Fizz mobile.

This way, someone who only has Fizz mobile will not be bothered by comments about Fizz Home Internet and vice versa.

Thank you for your cooperation. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2201 posts
1204 upvotes
Montreal
OMG I got the home internet invitation 1 day before the end!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1821 posts
530 upvotes
Ottawa
chanchurro1 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 1:02 am
has anyone in the ottawa nepean area been offered internet beta? i still haven't recieved my invitation Disappointed Face

i wonder if its a glitch on the website, when i click on get started it tells me to get a sim card, i have been a mobile subscriber for over a month..
I got two but it's useless. No Fizz internet in Ottawa (excluding Rockland).
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8895 posts
1846 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I suppose all Fizz Internet order put in before Wed 11:59 PM are eligible for the beta pricing, even if the installation date is in the future, but what about plan/speed change?
I've chatted with a Fizz rep Lucian and he seems to confirm that it if it was put in before the deadline, it should be fine, anyone else can confirm the same?
Jul 14, 2008
270 posts
66 upvotes
Montreal
How long does it take before receiving the confirmation email and being able to use the SIM card? Because I signed up last night but almost twelve hours later still nothing.
Dec 30, 2009
169 posts
23 upvotes
Montreal
Turpentine wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 7:51 am
How long does it take before receiving the confirmation email and being able to use the SIM card? Because I signed up last night but almost twelve hours later still nothing.
I signed up to their mobile a week ago, I got the confirmation email instantly and received the SIM card next day.
Jul 14, 2008
270 posts
66 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 9:32 am
You signed up last night or activated last night?
Here is how it works:
1. You sign-up (open an account);
2. Order a SIM;
3. Receive a SIM;
4. Activate a SIM;
5. It’s usable as soon as your APN settings are correct.

If it doesn’t work, restart your phone.
Go in your account and have the 2 SMS with the APN settings sent again.
Accept them and restart again.
Manually check your APN settings to make sure everything is correct, edit if necessary.
After your mobile account is functional, go into your account and check if you can add the Internet. There might be a delay. No guaranty, it’s so late.
If the option is still not there after a few hours, log out of your account. Delete your cookies and Internet cache with CCleaner. Change browser. Try again.
As a last resort, contact Fizz by chat and ask for the Home Internet at the beta pricing. Good luck!
I activated last night.

If I go to my account, there are no options to get the two SMS sent again or something like that. Under "Manage my plan" I only have "Wallet" and "Add user". I found the APN settings, I verified 12 times that I entered them correctly, nothing. Actually it's not exactly right: I got 4G signal for like 1 minute at some random point.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2542 posts
935 upvotes
QC, Canada
Be careful guys, these terms are right under when you select your plan, both Internet and cell plan
Notice of change
Offers, services and rates are subject to change without notice.
Jan 31, 2004
219 posts
14 upvotes
Montréal
koontzy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 8:12 pm
Be careful guys, these terms are right under when you select your plan, both Internet and cell plan
Like every provider! Just ported my line without any glitch before Rogers raise my grandfather plan by 5$ in april....
Sep 28, 2015
509 posts
345 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
When I activate the SIM card, can I choose to start my plan at a later date, or it must start right after activation?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2813 posts
3271 upvotes
Montreal
warmdeals wrote:
Mar 14th, 2019 8:45 pm
When I activate the SIM card, can I choose to start my plan at a later date, or it must start right after activation?
It's Immediate when you activate.
Sep 9, 2016
60 posts
2 upvotes
Is it possible to Port a number from a VOIP service, and if so how is this done?