Hot Deals

[Videotron] $23/month New Discount Cellular Service called Fizz: Québec prov./Ottawa region Unlimited voice + text + 1 GB LTE data

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2019 8:00 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
3999 posts
1301 upvotes
yay! both my parents got the 120mb internet offer.

so I'll use one of their account for myself, and they'll use their other account :D

WINNN !
Mar 11, 2019
3 posts
has anyone in the ottawa nepean area been offered internet beta? i still haven't recieved my invitation Disappointed Face

i wonder if its a glitch on the website, when i click on get started it tells me to get a sim card, i have been a mobile subscriber for over a month..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2265 posts
2218 upvotes
Montreal
chanchurro1 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 1:02 am
has anyone in the ottawa nepean area been offered internet beta? i still haven't recieved my invitation Disappointed Face

i wonder if its a glitch on the website, when i click on get started it tells me to get a sim card, i have been a mobile subscriber for over a month..
Sorry, Fizz Home Internet is not available in the Ottawa area.
Apr 7, 2011
532 posts
225 upvotes
ottawa
I received an email for the beta, but after I entered my address i got a message that beta is not available and I can only subscribe after the end of the beta period. I live in Orleans. Weird.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2265 posts
2218 upvotes
Montreal
I have opened a new thread for Fizz Home Internet that will officially launch this Thursday.

Any more discussion about Fizz Home Internet should go there and this thread should be kept for Fizz mobile.

This way, someone who only has Fizz mobile will not be bothered by comments about Fizz Home Internet and vice versa.

Thank you for your cooperation. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2041 posts
992 upvotes
Montreal
OMG I got the home internet invitation 1 day before the end!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1808 posts
525 upvotes
Ottawa
chanchurro1 wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 1:02 am

I got two but it's useless. No Fizz internet in Ottawa (excluding Rockland).
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8537 posts
1630 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I suppose all Fizz Internet order put in before Wed 11:59 PM are eligible for the beta pricing, even if the installation date is in the future, but what about plan/speed change?
I've chatted with a Fizz rep Lucian and he seems to confirm that it if it was put in before the deadline, it should be fine, anyone else can confirm the same?
Jul 14, 2008
253 posts
62 upvotes
Montreal
How long does it take before receiving the confirmation email and being able to use the SIM card? Because I signed up last night but almost twelve hours later still nothing.
Dec 30, 2009
153 posts
20 upvotes
Montreal
Turpentine wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 7:51 am
How long does it take before receiving the confirmation email and being able to use the SIM card? Because I signed up last night but almost twelve hours later still nothing.
I signed up to their mobile a week ago, I got the confirmation email instantly and received the SIM card next day.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2265 posts
2218 upvotes
Montreal
Turpentine wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 7:51 am
You signed up last night or activated last night?
Here is how it works:
1. You sign-up (open an account);
2. Order a SIM;
3. Receive a SIM;
4. Activate a SIM;
5. It’s usable as soon as your APN settings are correct.

If it doesn’t work, restart your phone.
Go in your account and have the 2 SMS with the APN settings sent again.
Accept them and restart again.
Manually check your APN settings to make sure everything is correct, edit if necessary.
After your mobile account is functional, go into your account and check if you can add the Internet. There might be a delay. No guaranty, it’s so late.
If the option is still not there after a few hours, log out of your account. Delete your cookies and Internet cache with CCleaner. Change browser. Try again.
As a last resort, contact Fizz by chat and ask for the Home Internet at the beta pricing. Good luck!
Jul 14, 2008
253 posts
62 upvotes
Montreal
Temporel wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 9:32 am
You signed up last night or activated last night?
Here is how it works:
1. You sign-up (open an account);
2. Order a SIM;
3. Receive a SIM;
4. Activate a SIM;
5. It’s usable as soon as your APN settings are correct.

If it doesn’t work, restart your phone.
Go in your account and have the 2 SMS with the APN settings sent again.
Accept them and restart again.
Manually check your APN settings to make sure everything is correct, edit if necessary.
After your mobile account is functional, go into your account and check if you can add the Internet. There might be a delay. No guaranty, it’s so late.
If the option is still not there after a few hours, log out of your account. Delete your cookies and Internet cache with CCleaner. Change browser. Try again.
As a last resort, contact Fizz by chat and ask for the Home Internet at the beta pricing. Good luck!
I activated last night.

If I go to my account, there are no options to get the two SMS sent again or something like that. Under "Manage my plan" I only have "Wallet" and "Add user". I found the APN settings, I verified 12 times that I entered them correctly, nothing. Actually it's not exactly right: I got 4G signal for like 1 minute at some random point.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2265 posts
2218 upvotes
Montreal
Turpentine wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 10:02 am
I activated last night.

If I go to my account, there are no options to get the two SMS sent again or something like that. Under "Manage my plan" I only have "Wallet" and "Add user". I found the APN settings, I verified 12 times that I entered them correctly, nothing. Actually it's not exactly right: I got 4G signal for like 1 minute at some random point.
In your account, under "My plans" --> "Manage plan" --> You can not click "Advance Parameters" then select "Fizz network parameters" and then click "resend me the notifications"?

Then maybe something is wrong with your activation and it seems that your account is still not fully functional. That your mobile service is not fully functional is not important for now. What would be important, is that your account would be fully functional in order for you to be able to subscribe to the Home Internet. If it takes more than 24 hours for your account to be fully functional, you'll be screwed and won't be able to subscribe to the Home Internet on time.

To be sure it's not a problem on your side, log out of your account. Delete your cookies and Internet cache with CCleaner. Change browser. Try again.

Then, contact Fizz by chat (see "How do I reach Fizz Customer Support?" post #1) and ask them to correct your mobile activation and ask them how long it will take for your account to be fully functional. If they say 24 hours, ask them immediately if you can register for the Home Internet at beta pricing prices.

If they say that your account should be fully functional in a few hours, wait and then try to subscribe by yourself to the Internet within your account. If it doesn't work, contact Fizz again by chat to ask for the Internet at beta pricing.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
2422 posts
851 upvotes
QC, Canada
Be careful guys, these terms are right under when you select your plan, both Internet and cell plan
Notice of change
Offers, services and rates are subject to change without notice.
Jan 31, 2004
210 posts
9 upvotes
Montréal
koontzy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2019 8:12 pm
Be careful guys, these terms are right under when you select your plan, both Internet and cell plan
Like every provider! Just ported my line without any glitch before Rogers raise my grandfather plan by 5$ in april....