None
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1216 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal

[Videotron] Videotron Cisco 4642HD receiver 149$ 8642HD PVR 299$

More offers from Videotron
Off course in exchange a 3 years agrement is required but due to bill 60 the ECF is maximum the rebate divided by the number of months left.

Cisco 4642HD 149$
Cisco 8642HD PVR 299$

There's also some condition. BB and FS still haven't updated their prices yet. Let's hope there's a way to pick up the receiver and avoid the 40$ installation. About time Videotron do something about their overpriced receiver. Finally I'll be able to replace by 8300SD PVR.
12 replies
Deal Addict
May 3, 2004
4229 posts
231 upvotes
Montreal
thats still the old box isint it ?
i heard there was a new model of these coming out soon-ish...
I BUY YOUR AMAZON.CA GIFT CODES ! PM ME !

If you have steelbooks for sale PM me ! or anime on blu-ray !

UV and Itunes codes FS cheap , PM me for list
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
darkman007e wrote:
Nov 18th, 2010 10:33 pm
Off course in exchange a 3 years agrement is required but due to bill 60 the ECF is maximum the rebate divided by the number of months left.

Cisco 4642HD 149$
Cisco 8642HD PVR 299$

There's also some condition. BB and FS still haven't updated their prices yet. Let's hope there's a way to pick up the receiver and avoid the 40$ installation. About time Videotron do something about their overpriced receiver. Finally I'll be able to replace by 8300SD PVR.
i called and am told this is ONLY for new clients; not for loyal clients.,..?!?!!
cany confirmation on this?

BTW, CISCO has some new units out for videotron...
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
2622 posts
435 upvotes
Montreal
About freakin' time they have some new units. The current stuff is ancient compared to Bell's stuff.

-GT
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1795 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal
a in yul wrote:
Nov 24th, 2010 5:22 pm
i called and am told this is ONLY for new clients; not for loyal clients.,..?!?!!
cany confirmation on this?

BTW, CISCO has some new units out for videotron...

This limited-time offer is addressed to new residential customers, to current digital residential customers and to classic cable customers who subscribe to Vidéotron Digital TV. New digital customers: this offer is conditional to HD network fee. This offer is available only if the terminal acquired is of higher value than the customer’s existing terminal and if the customer doesn’t have a HD terminal. Limit of one terminal per customer for the duration of the promotion. Illico Digital TV and Illico on Demand are available where technology permits. Offer applies only to the first terminal. Subject to the termination fee for the discount given when purchasing the equipment on a 36-month period. Installation fee of $39.95 is extra. This fee includes the installation of TV, Internet and telephony services if installed on the same day for a maximum of 5 outlets per visit. Installation of additional outlets extra. Services, conditions and rates may vary by region and are subject to change without prior notice. Taxes not included.

This is sooo BS

Why do they have to explain it this way. It would be easier for people to understand if they just said only applies to people that either have standard Illico or standard Illico PVR
| I7 3770K @ 4.2GHZ | ASUS P8Z68 Dlx | Corsair H80 | Kingston 2x4gb Hyperx @ 1600mhz | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Samsung 840 pro 256gb SSD | Silverstone FT-02 | Corsair AX-850 | Audio Engine A2 | Dell U3415W |
|Intel NUC DC3217BY|
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1216 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
It's still good to try to threten them by saying you're switching to Bell.

Underfortunatly I will still have to pay the 40$ installation but the retention CSR credit me 60$ off the price of the 8642.
Jan 1, 2009
171 posts
14 upvotes
I called and complained to customer satisfaction, I'm a 3 bundle, early adopter of the telephone and have been paying for HD for a couple of years, why shouldn't I be eligible. Got a FREE HD PVR, coming in the mail next week. 36 months prorated penalty on $600 value, I can live with that.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1216 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
mcshame wrote:
Nov 28th, 2010 8:09 am
I called and complained to customer satisfaction, I'm a 3 bundle, early adopter of the telephone and have been paying for HD for a couple of years, why shouldn't I be eligible. Got a FREE HD PVR, coming in the mail next week. 36 months prorated penalty on $600 value, I can live with that.
Damn, maybe it's because I've been with them for only 4 years but I never throught throught their retention (which sucks comparares to other provider) they could offer the PVR HD for free.

And how come by the mail ? The 40$ installation is supposed to be required.
Aug 24, 2007
404 posts
33 upvotes
Montreal
darkman007e wrote:
Nov 28th, 2010 1:37 pm
Damn, maybe it's because I've been with them for only 4 years but I never throught throught their retention (which sucks comparares to other provider) they could offer the PVR HD for free.

Just had a chatting session with a Videotron employee, hahaha, what a joke, she had no idea what i was talking about (CISCO 8642HD).
Nov 7, 2008
134 posts
27 upvotes
I received a new HD receiver today, thanks OP. Thanks to this thread I was able to get it for $149, even though we already have an HD terminal. I spoke to a regular customer service agent who refused to offer us the promotional price (they offered $250 instead). I asked to speak to someone in their "satisfaction" department and got it for $149, and no installation fee, without the need to haggle.

I received a Scientific Atlanta, Explorer 4250HD.

Has anyone received any Cisco terminals? Are the Cisco terminals supposed to be superior?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2005
1216 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
Cisco bought Scientific Atlanta a few years ago so except the Cisco logo it's pretty much the same thing with the ugly outdated interface.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2004
4229 posts
231 upvotes
Montreal
Furio wrote:
Dec 17th, 2010 9:03 pm
I received a new HD receiver today, thanks OP. Thanks to this thread I was able to get it for $149, even though we already have an HD terminal. I spoke to a regular customer service agent who refused to offer us the promotional price (they offered $250 instead). I asked to speak to someone in their "satisfaction" department and got it for $149, and no installation fee, without the need to haggle.

I received a Scientific Atlanta, Explorer 4250HD.

Has anyone received any Cisco terminals? Are the Cisco terminals supposed to be superior?

they are quicker and have a bigger HDD, they haven't rolled them out yet (they only release one batch of 1k last week or so) they'll be available starting next year..
I BUY YOUR AMAZON.CA GIFT CODES ! PM ME !

If you have steelbooks for sale PM me ! or anime on blu-ray !

UV and Itunes codes FS cheap , PM me for list
× < >