• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2016 9:03 am
Tags:
None
Sep 21, 2008
404 posts
46 upvotes

Videotron compatible smartphone?

I am looking to buy a smartphone for my mother, she is with Videotron - using it in Montreal. I am looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro which is about 210$, an excellent phone in my opinion for the price. I'm not 100% sure if it will work on the videotron network. I think it will work on the LTE band, which works in Montreal, but I'm not 100% sure. Any idea?

Thanks!
8 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
carldufourm wrote: I am looking to buy a smartphone for my mother, she is with Videotron - using it in Montreal. I am looking at the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro which is about 210$, an excellent phone in my opinion for the price. I'm not 100% sure if it will work on the videotron network. I think it will work on the LTE band, which works in Montreal, but I'm not 100% sure. Any idea?

Thanks!
What did WillMyPhoneWork.net say?
Sep 21, 2008
404 posts
46 upvotes
tk1000 wrote: What did WillMyPhoneWork.net say?
It says it will work on LTE (Band4-AWS) which I think is Roger's LTE that is shared with Videotron. It won't work on 2G/3G. What I'm not sure, is, if LTE is available everywhere in Montreal. If not, she'll just have no signal?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
carldufourm wrote: It says it will work on LTE (Band4-AWS) which I think is Roger's LTE that is shared with Videotron. It won't work on 2G/3G. What I'm not sure, is, if LTE is available everywhere in Montreal. If not, she'll just have no signal?
Have you checked the coverage map provided by them?
http://www.videotron.com/residential/mo ... cat2360088

Since this phone only works with Band4-AWS, she may have no signal indoors due to Band4-AWS not be able penetrate walls.
Sep 21, 2008
404 posts
46 upvotes
Thanks, I didn't see this map before. From what I see on it, LTE covers pretty much all important cities in the province of Quebec. I didn't know about Band4-AWS not being able to penetrate walls... That would be a deal breaker. Thanks for the heads up!
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
carldufourm wrote: Thanks, I didn't see this map before. From what I see on it, LTE covers pretty much all important cities in the province of Quebec. I didn't know about Band4-AWS not being able to penetrate walls... That would be a deal breaker. Thanks for the heads up!
Glad I could help. Don't forget to click the THANKS button in the posts I made. :o
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes
First of all the phone has AWS 3G which is what Videotron uses. Second of all Videotron had only Band4 LTE. So this phone is as good as they get for Videotron.
Sep 21, 2008
404 posts
46 upvotes
elwebmaster wrote: First of all the phone has AWS 3G which is what Videotron uses. Second of all Videotron had only Band4 LTE. So this phone is as good as they get for Videotron.
Really? Where can I verify for AWS 3G?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)