Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Videotron

Double data Mobile Plan from 3gb! *NEW LINE ONLY*

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2017 10:13 am
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
$49 for 6GB is great deal! would switch after my $45 8GB expired a year from now if they are still around. I can foresee Fido, Virgin, Koodo will match it soon.
May 1, 2014
151 posts
120 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Kasual wrote: Did you read anything on page 1? Coverage outside of Ontario/Quebec is covered by Rogers, which includes coverage in Toronto. Roaming is included with your package.
my question about the coverage was related to the quality of their network! yes, Wind has also the coverage "theoretically"! SO I want to know how is their network (in Ottawa/Quebec)?
for the roaming, no one has mentioned about the roaming "cost" in page 1. my question was about the cost and not about whether they have roaming or not!!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5861 posts
777 upvotes
Ottawa
matradley wrote: Interesting. Looks like Ottawa-residents may apply for these accounts too. I will have to keep this in mind. :)
Where do you see that? Do you know if you can keep your 613 number?
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
TripleHelix wrote: I called and they said it was Canada wide
Are you sure? The calling is Canada wide, the offer is only quebec numbers, no?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2008
5861 posts
777 upvotes
Ottawa
Anikiri wrote: Are you sure? The calling is Canada wide, the offer is only quebec numbers, no?
I might have gotten bad info but she said anyone in Canada can get the plan but I highly doubt it now that I think about it lol.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10538 posts
11427 upvotes
Toronto
TripleHelix wrote: I might have gotten bad info but she said anyone in Canada can get the plan but I highly doubt it now that I think about it lol.
I hope this does come nationwide, it would destroy those little douche-suckers from Bell and Rogers... and Telus. Bunch-o-wankers.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1365 posts
1151 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Rlcky wrote: my wife has the 7GB from rogers for 39.9$ with the 30% corporate discount
I have the same plan (well the Canada Wide version $43.40/7GB). I'm hoping Rogers responds and matches these Videotron offers... then we can apply our 30% off corporate discount.

$55.95*0.70... 8GB for $39, or 10GB for $44.80... Now I'm getting greedy :twisted:
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
Here is the information I was able to get
- All lines get the discount, not just additional lines
- If over 50% of your usage is from roaming on their "PRTNR2" network (Telus/Bell) for three consecutive months, your service will be limited to their "PRTNR1" (Rogers)/Videotron network for 30 days. This does not apply if you roam on the PRTNR1 network (Rogers)
- Online says you need a Quebec address to sign up but you may change your address later on to any address. I am going to call them to see if I can sign up using my GTA address, if not, I will have to give my friend's address I suppose
- You can transfer the ownership of your account to anyone that passes Videotron's credit check for a fee of $30

I have a chat log I can quote if someone does not believe me. But also here is information on their website about "PRTNR2 Extended Coverage" limits: http://support.videotron.com/residentia ... er-network

EDIT:
- If you do not have a Quebec/Ottawa address (or if the "service availability" checker online says you're ineligible) don't bother wasting your time
- BYOD prices have been removed from online. Even if you call in, you MUST physically go in-store with your device for them to "examine" it before they apply the 25% discount.
- Their service in English is excellent and courteous

Thanks OP, but unless you're in Quebec this is a no go.
Last edited by DeltaSingh on Feb 22nd, 2017 6:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 29, 2017
38 posts
19 upvotes
Has anyone tried this in Vancouver? How's the reception? Does it roam on telus/bell towers or rogers towers?
Mar 22, 2004
882 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
So I chatted with them and she confirmed that since I live in Ottawa and am in an area where they cover, I am eligible for the plan. I also confirmed that the 6GB stays with you for as long as you keep the plan. Now when it came down to confirming the monthly cost, she said if wasn't $48, I had to go with the contract price?! Weird. I told her I'll to the booth and check it out.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
habsfan321 wrote: I have the same plan (well the Canada Wide version $43.40/7GB). I'm hoping Rogers responds and matches these Videotron offers... then we can apply our 30% off corporate discount.

$55.95*0.70... 8GB for $39, or 10GB for $44.80... Now I'm getting greedy :twisted:
This is true 48 .95 /month for the 6GB, with the 30% corp discount it will be 34.25$ its damn Hot deal!!! i should ask my wife to call rogers and try to PM videotron.
Rogers Unlimited Province, 12gb $39/month!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
TripleHelix wrote: I might have gotten bad info but she said anyone in Canada can get the plan but I highly doubt it now that I think about it lol.
People on Reddit have been saying it's for anyone in Canada as well. However, they did also point out that when you ask in the online chat, for some reason they tell you you need a Quebec address but the Kiosk says that limit is only on residential services.
Very strange, will be calling tomorrow to see what's going on.

Did they have an English option?
Rlcky wrote: This is true 48 .95 /month for the 6GB, with the 30% corp discount it will be 34.25$ its damn Hot deal!!! i should ask my wife to call rogers and try to PM videotron.
Do a group buy with 4 friends. That's what I'm planning on doing, you get a $15 discount per line = $34!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
DeltaSingh wrote: People on Reddit have been saying it's for anyone in Canada as well. However, they did also point out that when you ask in the online chat, for some reason they tell you you need a Quebec address but the Kiosk says that limit is only on residential services.
Very strange, will be calling tomorrow to see what's going on.

Did they have an English option?

Do a group buy with 4 friends. That's what I'm planning on doing, you get a $15 discount per line = $34!
on my wife side i can have 15 not only 4 hehe, my sisters in law will be more than happy. By calling Videotron do i have to mention the group discount?
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
3155 posts
12777 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
If you bring more people to join in your account, you can have discount in all lines!

everyone has to be on same account? or it can be a separated bill?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1577 posts
4030 upvotes
Rlcky wrote:
on my wife side i can have 15 not only 4 hehe, my sisters in law will be more than happy. By calling Videotron do i have to mention the group discount?
Rlcky wrote: If you bring more people to join in your account, you can have discount in all lines!

everyone has to be on same account? or it can be a separated bill?
I'm not sure I'll be calling tomorrow to check.
Rawrben wrote: BYOD:

3+3 = 48.95$
4+4 = 55.95$
5+5 = 63.95$
6+6 = 69.95$
Do you have to go in-store to get this BOYD discount applied? That's what it says online .. What if you order via phone?
Sep 13, 2010
3 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
So this is for new accounts only? I'm already on a Boyd plan 6gb but pay 66$. Wouldn't mind paying 49$ instead!
Nov 21, 2015
98 posts
35 upvotes
Vanier, ON
cuto wrote: So I chatted with them and she confirmed that since I live in Ottawa and am in an area where they cover, I am eligible for the plan. I also confirmed that the 6GB stays with you for as long as you keep the plan. Now when it came down to confirming the monthly cost, she said if wasn't $48, I had to go with the contract price?! Weird. I told her I'll to the booth and check it out.
Anyone confirm if this the case? I think that rep doesn't know what they are talking about. I may go myself later today after work. I'll report back ;-)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)