Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Videotron

Fizz Cellular Service $28/month Québec prov./Ottawa region Unlimited Minutes + SMS + VM + 1 GB LTE data

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2020 6:48 pm
Aug 22, 2016
296 posts
199 upvotes
Montreal
got a message today, i'll keep my 39,60$ 10gb plan with fizz. each month i got like 30gb since i don't use em all, now that hockey is back ill be able to watch some games at my job!

The stabilization period for our mobile services is coming to an end.
We are beyond happy to announce that the stabilization period initiated back in April will end on October 16, 2019. Our mobile services have been reinforced, are now stable, and have proven themselves over the last several weeks.

You keep your price.
When the stabilization period was announced, you were informed that your plan was going to switch back to its launch price once that period was over. Well, great news! To thank you for your patience and collaboration, the price you are paying now for the mobile plan associated to (514) xxx-xxxx will finally stay the same.*

*But careful. If you change your plan on or after October 16, you will lose the price you are paying now, and regular prices will apply to you.
Mar 2, 2011
463 posts
395 upvotes
Ottawa
Bobbyboosted wrote: got a message today, i'll keep my 39,60$ 10gb plan with fizz. each month i got like 30gb since i don't use em all, now that hockey is back ill be able to watch some games at my job!

The stabilization period for our mobile services is coming to an end.
We are beyond happy to announce that the stabilization period initiated back in April will end on October 16, 2019. Our mobile services have been reinforced, are now stable, and have proven themselves over the last several weeks.

You keep your price.
When the stabilization period was announced, you were informed that your plan was going to switch back to its launch price once that period was over. Well, great news! To thank you for your patience and collaboration, the price you are paying now for the mobile plan associated to (514) xxx-xxxx will finally stay the same.*

*But careful. If you change your plan on or after October 16, you will lose the price you are paying now, and regular prices will apply to you.
This is awesome! Did you sign up after April 12 or before that,? I signed up after April 12 (during current stabilization period) and haven't received any email yet. if the current prices are grandfathered permanently, I'm definitely staying as well, it sounds like you were on the first launch period.

The website currently says:
I subscribed BEFORE April 12, 2019:

To thank you for being true ambassadors from the get-go, the price you are paying now will stay the same once the stabilization period is over.1 It is important to note, however, that if you change your plan after October 15, you will lose the price you are paying now, and regular prices will apply.

I subscribed BETWEEN April 12, 2019 AND October 15th, 2019 inclusively:

When you subscribed to Fizz during the stabilization period, you were informed that your plan was to switch to its regular price once that period was over. But to thank you for your patience and collaboration, you get to keep the price you are paying now until early 2020. You will be notified of the switch to the regular price 30 days in advance. It is important to note, however, that if you change your plan after October 15, you will lose the price you’re paying now, and regular prices will apply.
I haven't gotten an email yet myself, so not sure about my account.
Aug 22, 2016
296 posts
199 upvotes
Montreal
virulent wrote: This is awesome! Did you sign up after April 12 or before that,? I signed up after April 12 (during current stabilization period) and haven't received any email yet. if the current prices are grandfathered permanently, I'm definitely staying as well, it sounds like you were on the first launch period.

The website currently says:

I haven't gotten an email yet myself, so not sure about my account.
I Signed up before April
Mar 2, 2011
463 posts
395 upvotes
Ottawa
Bobbyboosted wrote: I Signed up before April
Yeah, I got the email yesterday, my price is set "until early 2020" as the website confirms.

The price step is not the worst thing in the world, but I'm thinking of trying the AT&T 25 GB US plan -- just hoping VOIP quality is OK given the tunnelling, but we'll see. Since my price is changing, no harm in jumping ship and possibly coming back later..
Deal Addict
May 29, 2017
2628 posts
3024 upvotes
Canada
virulent wrote: Yeah, I got the email yesterday, my price is set "until early 2020" as the website confirms.

The price step is not the worst thing in the world, but I'm thinking of trying the AT&T 25 GB US plan -- just hoping VOIP quality is OK given the tunnelling, but we'll see. Since my price is changing, no harm in jumping ship and possibly coming back later..
If you plan to go with that route, make sure your VoIP service can forward calls to US #, it'll make your experience that much better.
USA eSIM Free Trials Telus: $30/75GB CA/US x4 • $0 X00GB Bonus • $0 AW x2 • $0 CA/US Tablet SIM(x4) | Freedom: $27.50 30GB CA/1GB USA • $25/Year Unlimited T/T/7GB/Mo Data
Mar 2, 2011
463 posts
395 upvotes
Ottawa
Samshares wrote: If you plan to go with that route, make sure your VoIP service can forward calls to US #, it'll make your experience that much better.
Strangely, I found it to be worse. For the last few weeks I've been forwarding from voip.ms to AT&T, and half the time I have to call the person back (on Groundwire) for much better call quality, both on LTE & WIFI.

Not sure what's up, but probably going back to sending calls directly to Groundwire which works really well.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)