Hot Deals

[Videotron] Fizz: new Discount Internet Service $45 to $75 per month 15 to 120 Mbps Unlimited FREE modem rental + FREE installation

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2275 posts
2224 upvotes
Montreal

Fizz: new Discount Internet Service $45 to $75 per month 15 to 120 Mbps Unlimited FREE modem rental + FREE installation

Deal Link:
Price:
$45 to $75
Retailer:
Videotron
Québécor (Vidéotron) has launched a new discount Internet service provider called FIZZ available in Vidéotron’s service area.

Technically, it’s Vidéotron’s network with a Fizz sticker on it.

Speeds and monthly prices:

15 Mbps $45 <> 30 Mbps $55 <> 60 Mbps $65 <> 120 Mbps $75

The Upload speed is 20 Mbps for the 120 Mbps Download speed and 10 Mbps for the other speeds. The Bandwidth is UNLIMITED!

A Wi-Fi modem/router rental is included at no extra cost. It's a Hitron CODA-4680.

Auto-installation is FREE: a technician will bring your modem and verify that your cable connection works properly.

VIP-installation is $30: complete installation and configuration by a technician.

You can cancel any time, just return the modem.

There’s no credit check since it's all pre-paid. Visa debit, MasterCard debit and pre-paid credit cards also work.

There is a referral program. Once you are a customer, you get a referral code that you can give to someone to use when they join Fizz. When that person makes its second monthly payment, you will both get a $25 credit. That's a $25 credit EACH!

If you don't have someone's referral code, GET ONE BEFORE ORDERING to get the $25 credit.

DO NOT POST OR ASK FOR A REFERRAL CODE IN THIS THREAD.

THAT'S AGAINST RFD RULES.

What’s the catch? The Customer Support.

To cut costs, Fizz employ customer service from overseas with employees for whom English or French is sometimes a second or third language with probably a minimal understanding of what the product is.

To be happy with Fizz, you have to know what you are getting into and which kind of customer you are BEFORE making the move.

All the instructions needed come with the modem and are clearly spelled out.

But you have to be a bit tech savvy to go with Fizz, at ease with the new ways of communicating like chat, Messenger, community forums, etc. and I don't mean this in a condescending way, just know who you are. With those means of communications, sometimes it takes a little more time to get understood and get satisfaction. If you plan to hook-up Grandma on Fizz and leave her on her own to register, configure her modem/router and deal with any potential problem, maybe that's not a good idea. (Sorry Grandma - I know you could.)

If you are a demanding customer, maybe the other $$$ full-priced Internet Service Providers with local "just a phone call away" customer service are more suited for you.

I'm a happy Fizz Home Internet customer since early December 2018. Technically, it’s a solid product. It’s Videotron’s Internet infrastructure. So far, I have not witnessed any outages and the speed is constantly more than promised.

So the odds are you won’t ever NEED to deal with Customer Support.

FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Disable any ad-blocker before registering or trying to reach Fizz by chat.

Where are Fizz stores located?
With Fizz, everything is digital. There are no Fizz stores or kiosks. Fizz and Vidéotron are separate companies.

How do I reach Fizz Customer Support?
Support is through the Web site only via chat, Messenger, email or contact forms. There is no phone number to call to get support. A contact form automatically opens a ticket. Give as much details as possible.

1) Email: contactform@support.fizz.ca

2) Chat (7 am to 10 pm | Week-end 10 am to 6 pm)
You can click on the chat bubble during the available hours at the bottom right corner of every Fizz Web page once you are logged into your account. Disable any ad-blocker. When it's very busy and the wait times get too long, the bubble disappears sometimes.

Here is an alternate way to force the chat bubble to appear:
Go to fizz.ca
Then log into your account;
Click on “Help”;
In “Popular topics” click on any subject;
Scroll down to the bottom of the page;
In the right bottom corner the chat bubble will appear after 15 seconds;
If you see “login” at the top of your screen, you have to login again even if you have already logged-in and repeat the process;
If the bubble still doesn’t appear, try a few hours later;
Click on the bubble and type your question;
You will see what position you are in the queue;
Sometimes, it can be very long before you can chat with someone - one hour, 90 minutes, etc.

3) Facebook Messenger
https://www.messenger.com/t/fizzca
https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

4) Contact form
Login your account.
My profile > Contact forms > Submit a complaint

5) As a last resort, login your account and click My plans > Manage plan > Unsubscribe
You won’t be immediately unsubscribed but the bubble will appear.

There are also two Community Forums: one in English and one in French.
Last edited by Temporel on Mar 14th, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
179 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1453 posts
283 upvotes
tempted but it won't be long until they raise their prices again like that 60$ 10gb plan by robelus.
Jul 22, 2004
947 posts
289 upvotes
Montreal
I've been with them since December, service has been rock solid.

I already had a Ubiquiti router + antenna, so I just plugged in their modem/router and switched it to bridge mode.
https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-use-my ... outer-fizz

Speeds are as advertised. I'm getting the full 120Mbps at all times of day.
Customer service might not be as top notch as other companies, but since I haven't had to interact with them, I don't mind.
Even installation was scheduled through the website without talking/chating with anyone.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2011
1198 posts
267 upvotes
BC
Nice offering from Videotron! What's your source for this info, OP?
"Shorty wanna be a thug" -2pac
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1631 posts
558 upvotes
Quebec
My dad has access to beta internet and he’s not a fizz fizz member that pisses me off

I wanted to add my dad internet the move to my house when service launch but

If you move you lose beta pricing

So ****
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8537 posts
1631 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I suppose all Fizz Internet order put in before Wed 11:59 PM are eligible for the beta pricing, even if the installation date is in the future, but what about plan/speed change?
I've chatted with a Fizz rep Lucian and he seems to confirm that it if it was put in before the deadline, it should be fine, anyone else can confirm the same?

@ratatapa: You can install internet at other addresses, is your house not eligible?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1631 posts
558 upvotes
Quebec
Daijoubu wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 12:40 pm
I suppose all Fizz Internet order put in before Wed 11:59 PM are eligible for the beta pricing, even if the installation date is in the future, but what about plan/speed change?
I've chatted with a Fizz rep Lucian and he seems to confirm that it if it was put in before the deadline, it should be fine, anyone else can confirm the same?

@ratatapa: You can install internet at other addresses, is your house not eligible?
My address is not eligible for beta but will be after service launch
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2275 posts
2224 upvotes
Montreal
Daijoubu wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 12:40 pm
I've chatted with a Fizz rep Lucian and he seems to confirm that it if it was put in before the deadline, it should be fine, anyone else can confirm the same? (...)
I don't know for sure but I think you are right. :)
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
1631 posts
558 upvotes
Quebec
Omg I don’t know why but now they let add my adress

120/20 for 51$ tax in
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8537 posts
1631 upvotes
Montreal, QC
PSA: The WIFI on the Hitron CODA-4680 is pretty lacklustre, range is worst than my Bell Hub 2000 and it keeps hoping channel/reduce width on it's own in an attempt to avoid interference but it does more harm than good.
At one point my 5Ghz was stuck on 20Mhz, had to do a factory reset to get it back to 80Mhz.

I set it to channel 11 which I know has less congestion and was using with my Bell Hub 2000 for the past year (especially at the furthest point away from my AP) but the Hitron had tendency to switch to channel 6 where my neighbor AP is the next strongest... (he's on ch 1-6 at 40Mhz)

Likewise for 5Ghz, 36-49 has lower output power allowed and my neighbor's AP is stronger at those channels, I set it to 149-161 but it keeps hopping back...

Here's my reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/FizzMobile/com ... _coda4680/
Feb 20, 2004
12 posts
5 upvotes
What's the upload speed on the 60 Mbps plan? I think for the 120 down plan the upload is 20.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8537 posts
1631 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Poopninja wrote:
Mar 12th, 2019 1:22 pm
What's the upload speed on the 60 Mbps plan? I think for the 120 down plan the upload is 20.
10Mbps on all the other plans
Feb 3, 2008
161 posts
131 upvotes
Montreal
Dang, wish I could've gotten into the beta..