Expired Hot Deals

[Videotron] Videotron BYOD Promotion $49.95 6GB (Ottawa/Quebec)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 20th, 2017 9:54 pm
Jul 23, 2017
8 posts
User195317 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2017 10:32 am
Has anyone tried to use this promo as leverage against Rogers?
I was with rogers paying around 170 for 4 line 6+3 gb shared plan.
Called videotron to see if their offer was true, the rep on the phone told me 200$-15x4= 140$ for 4 lines 6 gb each.
Called rogers to see if they could match, was told no and the new plans would cost me much more than the 170 I was paying.
Went to videotron and got new sims. All phones worked on videotron network (iphone6/8, moto x play and oneplus x)

ps: had to pay 15$ per line for activation fee and sim card.
Nov 25, 2006
334 posts
35 upvotes
Ottawa
Charwinger21 wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2017 5:49 pm
Can you port a number from outside of Ottawa (e.g. if you live in Ottawa, but still have a Kingston number)?

And I know that Videotron has a "fair usage agreement" with their international partners, but I can't find anything about it for their Canadian partners. Does a similar agreement apply, or could I technically roam to Perth as much as I want?
They told me at the Kiosk in Ottawa at the St. Laurent Mall, that if you constantly use a partners system for 3 consecutive billing periods you could be disconnected.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2012
3921 posts
1026 upvotes
yow2kvil wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 1:22 pm
The big 3 still don't see Videotron as a threat in Ottawa as it's still unknown as a viable option for most people here. I don't see Videotron advertising here and they only have one kiosk in the city. Therefore, most people still assume they have to get a Quebec number or the service area is only good in Quebec.

Until enough people in Ottawa start switching, I doubt rival carriers will try to keep them
Then for the time being it's better to switch to Videotron to pass a message to the big 3 robbers.
As we all know, the Greater Toronto Area is the center of the universe!
Feb 25, 2014
638 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
Poutinesauce wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 3:59 pm
Then for the time being it's better to switch to Videotron to pass a message to the big 3 robbers.
Yes, you are also saving money in the meantime
Dec 15, 2011
121 posts
40 upvotes
Quebec
I'm with Videotron BYOD and they upgraded my data from 1GB to 9GB since they remove the "Unlimited Music". For 37$/month
Mar 11, 2004
262 posts
58 upvotes
Ottawa
jnharvey wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 4:23 pm
I'm with Videotron BYOD and they upgraded my data from 1GB to 9GB since they remove the "Unlimited Music". For 37$/month
I am assuming you were on an old package that had unlimited music? I don't think the current packages offer that. Very good deal for you especially for 9GB of data.

I am contemplating to switch to this or the Koodo QC plan for $48.

I think Telus has better coverage vs Videotron (Rogers partner?).
Feb 13, 2005
770 posts
277 upvotes
deluxster wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 4:57 pm
I am assuming you were on an old package that had unlimited music? I don't think the current packages offer that. Very good deal for you especially for 9GB of data.

I am contemplating to switch to this or the Koodo QC plan for $48.

I think Telus has better coverage vs Videotron (Rogers partner?).
Partner 2 is telus/bell
Apr 28, 2014
104 posts
10 upvotes
Loo
Just called in to Videotron customer service and the rep said there isn't coverage in Kitchener area. Is it true? So no extended roaming at all?
Feb 25, 2014
638 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
X4xtraordinary wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 6:57 pm
Just called in to Videotron customer service and the rep said there isn't coverage in Kitchener area. Is it true? So no extended roaming at all?
You can roam in Kitchener.
Mar 11, 2004
262 posts
58 upvotes
Ottawa
With that said regarding roaming, is there any additional charges if we use any of the roaming partners in Canada? If that is the case, the Koodo QC is probably better?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
3133 posts
2985 upvotes
Montreal
deluxster wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 12:11 am
With that said regarding roaming, is there any additional charges if we use any of the roaming partners in Canada? If that is the case, the Koodo QC is probably better?
There is no additional charges if you access partners network in Canada. However, Videotron will block you access to partner network (30 days) if you use them more than 50% for 3 consecutive billing cycles.
Note that when your usage of partners network (voice, SMS and/or data) exceeds 50% of your total usage for 3 consecutive billing cycles, access to partner networks will be blocked for 30 days.
You could see the percentage of your usage for partners network from your Videotron account.

Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2004
2167 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
Partner 2 is Bell which is only needed if there is no access to Partner 1 (Rogers). There is no restrictions on the use of Partner 1.

Partner 2 you can't be on for more than 50% of your usage over 3 cycles. So you actually get better coverage than any other company when you think about it.
May 8, 2005
378 posts
172 upvotes
Ottawa
barrist wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 7:13 am
Partner 2 is Bell which is only needed if there is no access to Partner 1 (Rogers). There is no restrictions on the use of Partner 1.

Partner 2 you can't be on for more than 50% of your usage over 3 cycles. So you actually get better coverage than any other company when you think about it.
Yup, great coverage everywhere. I have also found that their monthly plans that include phones are very reasonable and that if you factor in the cost of the new phones with the package, you can't beat their deals with anything from the big 3.

The main kicker that I went with them instead of Koodo in the Ottawa/Gatineau area is that I was able to keep my Ottawa 613 phone number. WIth the Koodo $49 deal you HAVE to get a 819 or other QC area code. You could not port your Ontario number over. LAME koodo!
May 30, 2006
270 posts
16 upvotes
So as long as one (a) has Rogers coverage and (b) can manage to skirt the signup-with-an-Ottawa-address process this should work anywhere in Canada, right? Force the phone to only connect to Rogers, port one's existing number in, and voila.
Feb 25, 2014
638 posts
184 upvotes
Ottawa
Xert wrote:
Oct 13th, 2017 9:26 am
, port one's existing number in, and voila.
You can only port-in Quebec and Ottawa numbers