Hot Deals

[Videotron] Videotron BYOD Promotion $49.95 6GB (Ottawa/Quebec)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2017 1:46 pm
Jul 23, 2017
33 posts
11 upvotes
So I made the switch at the St-Laurent location. If you go, ask for Beatrice, she was phenomenal. Never had such a pleasant experience signing up for phone service! She was very knowledgeable and friendly!

To ease the process, arrive with all the phone numbers and their account numbers, also make sure to know what kind of sim card the phone requires as the kiosk ran out of the 3-in-1 sims. I had four numbers to transfer and all were transfered after 30 minutes. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bye bye PM. Hello 6GB for 35$.
Grandfathered PM 2GB CAN WIDE 27$
Videotron 6GB CAN WIDE 35$
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1917 posts
406 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
geckofish wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 7:53 pm
Data for MMS comes out of your data allocation if not in Quebec. In Quebec, MMS doesn't count against your data plan.
Is it strict Quebec or is Ottawa included?
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1917 posts
406 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
DealsnCoupons wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 9:15 pm
So I made the switch at the St-Laurent location. If you go, ask for Beatrice, she was phenomenal. Never had such a pleasant experience signing up for phone service! She was very knowledgeable and friendly!

To ease the process, arrive with all the phone numbers and their account numbers, also make sure to know what kind of sim card the phone requires as the kiosk ran out of the 3-in-1 sims. I had four numbers to transfer and all were transfered after 30 minutes. Let me know if you have any questions.

Bye bye PM. Hello 6GB for 35$.
Can I do it online or not possible? I've got two lines so far. Hoping to find two close friends who want to save money. This deal is outstanding. What are the downsides? Price and plan seem great. Coverage seems awesome for someone in Ottawa. Customer service seems to be trending towards the upside. What gives?
Jun 1, 2016
477 posts
302 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 2:19 am
What gives?
Competition
Having trouble setting up the Koodo $49 6gb plan yourself? DON'T PAY THE KIJIJI GUYS, I'll help you for FREE
Oct 4, 2008
240 posts
56 upvotes
djdestroyer wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 2:19 am
Can I do it online or not possible? I've got two lines so far. Hoping to find two close friends who want to save money. This deal is outstanding. What are the downsides? Price and plan seem great. Coverage seems awesome for someone in Ottawa. Customer service seems to be trending towards the upside. What gives?
If you purchase new phones from Videotron, it can be done over the phone; otherwise, you need to activate the mobile service in-store. (I was told 3 months ago).

It is basically the Quebec mobile price and plan. It is just a matter that Videotron considers Ottawa being part of Gatineau, QC serving area. It is a different approach from Public Mobile PM, in which PM charges additional fee for using the service crossing Ottawa River in PM provincial plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
2268 posts
40 upvotes
Ottawa
Any restrictions with porting in a number from outside Ontario and Quebec? I live in Ottawa.

FS: Nothing
==== [[ Heatware ]] ====
Apr 15, 2009
210 posts
19 upvotes
So if I go to Toronto for a week-end, would I get charged for voice and/or data roaming?
Sep 10, 2008
1 posts
Yesterday Koodo matched the $49 videotron deal for me. I live in Ottawa with an Ottawa address and had a "613" number. I called Consumer Service, they switched my number to "819" and gave me the similar $49 Koodo Quebec plan.
Oct 4, 2008
240 posts
56 upvotes
Rockabilly wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 8:14 am
So if I go to Toronto for a week-end, would I get charged for voice and/or data roaming?
no extra charge in using voice/data/text messaging in Toronto. My phone showed Partner-1 or Partner-2 network in Toronto, i.e. not Roaming from my phone's perspective.

For the clarification of Roaming only ... When I was in Brockville downtown near Lake Ontario, my phone connected to AT&T and it showed Roaming status. (just in case someone would ask. I didn't use the phone when it was in roaming. No extra charge is shown in my account so far.)
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13356 posts
4167 upvotes
Gatineau
TheGame wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 7:57 am
Any restrictions with porting in a number from outside Ontario and Quebec? I live in Ottawa.
You can port in your 613-Ottawa number with no issues.

djino
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2002
2268 posts
40 upvotes
Ottawa
djino wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 10:00 am
You can port in your 613-Ottawa number with no issues.

djino
I have a BC number

FS: Nothing
==== [[ Heatware ]] ====
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13356 posts
4167 upvotes
Gatineau
TheGame wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 10:09 am
I have a BC number
I'm not 100% sure if you can or cannot. Give them a call and ask.

djino
Nov 24, 2007
459 posts
35 upvotes
I live in an area that Videotron live chat says isn't serviced, even though the service map shows us being inside the service area marginally. Will they let me signup anyways? If not, will they accept a work address inside their service area?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2008
13356 posts
4167 upvotes
Gatineau
RJones89 wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 12:25 pm
I live in an area that Videotron live chat says isn't serviced, even though the service map shows us being inside the service area marginally. Will they let me signup anyways? If not, will they accept a work address inside their service area?
You were just on live chat right? Why didn't you ask them this? They would have more information if your current address is serviceable than anyone here.

djino

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)