• Last Updated:
  • Dec 25th, 2016 9:44 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2312 posts
907 upvotes
Montreal
95$ per month for Internet?

What do you guys need 200Mbps Internet for? I'm happy with my 10Mbps connection.
If I had more kids streaming videos or stuff I might go for 20 or 30 Mbps, but 200?
Dec 24, 2004
231 posts
198 upvotes
Saint Hubert
AMD wrote: 95$ per month for Internet?

What do you guys need 200Mbps Internet for? I'm happy with my 10Mbps connection.
If I had more kids streaming videos or stuff I might go for 20 or 30 Mbps, but 200?
For many, the upload speed can be a determining factor. In this case, the 20 or 30 upload as well as unlimited.
Nov 10, 2013
140 posts
36 upvotes
this is a great deal, gonna call in bell to cancel or get a retention deal :)
Dec 7, 2015
19 posts
45 upvotes

Well i live with 2 other gamers as a we are co renting a place and well this is really cheap for what we get with it. i mean i only have internet for now, ill probably get myself a cellphone later on and ill get some good rebates with it. over all 110$ a month for that speed is amazing. we had Fibre 30 + unlimited for the same price and we were strugling with downloads most of the time.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1585 upvotes
Montreal
Is Fibre 30 ($56) + unlimited usage ($15) for $71/month a good deal? Any other hidden fees involved?
Dec 7, 2015
19 posts
45 upvotes
cn_habs wrote: Is Fibre 30 for $56 + unlimited usage for $15 a good deal? It looks meh to me.
well it is meh this deal affects more the the people who were looking to upgrade to 120 or 200. for most of us it is even cheaper to take that than to keep what we had before
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1641 posts
788 upvotes
For fibre 30 they only give 150gb? You might as well just take the 120 unlimited. The limits are complete nonsense.
Nov 10, 2013
140 posts
36 upvotes
btw guys, how does the ping compare between bell fibe and videotron?
Dec 7, 2015
19 posts
45 upvotes
yoloswag wrote: btw guys, how does the ping compare between bell fibe and videotron?
well i get 8ms on speedtest.net
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
2097 posts
971 upvotes

Internet is our lifeline. I can see myself signing up for Amazon Cloud Drive now and pumping up a few terabytes.
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1190 posts
501 upvotes
Abbotsford
OakAged wrote:
FrostyButters wrote:
OakAged wrote: This isn't hot; not even competitive. Even TekSavvy has better offers.
Wholesale ISP's are terrible.
That's a generalization. I've been with TekSavvy a few times out of the several services I've used over the years, including right now since Feb. last year, and the service has been fine. The worst company I've ever dealt with for Internet service was Rogers (their tech staff was good but their admin people were incompetent and condescending). And every time I've ever had to deal with Bell in the last twenty years or so it's been a nightmare. If you can recommend any good alternatives to Bell, Rogers, or their resellers, please do.
Shaw and TELUS have both been good for me.

The main issue I have with wholesale ISP's is that they don't seem to have any of their own field technicians (at least the ones I've dealt with) and cannot really support their product. Any issues with the service are blamed on the incumbents which is not always accurate.

They also seem to have a lot of extra fee's like buying a modem, charging for an install, dry loop fee's, extra surplus charge etc.

They generally offer terrible internet service. IMO it's not worth it for a service that barely limps along...
Dec 17, 2005
373 posts
217 upvotes
Chicoutimi, Qc
I called Videotron yesterday (not because of this thread) but since my 1 year internet 30Mbits deal was over (they sent me a letter to invite me to call to see if they could offer me a new deal).

Long story short, like the OP said, they updated all of their deals and pricing the day before yesterday and even if you called two days ago, they didn't have access to these new prices (or 120Mbits).

Anyway, I was on 30Mbits for 63.95$/month (since my 10$ off for 12 months was over) with 130GB limit. Now I got 120Mbits for 61.95$ per month for 12 months with unlimited bandwidth!! I'm pretty happy! I'm getting 134Mbits (16.4 MB/s) even! (Steam/Uplay downloads).
Jun 1, 2007
102 posts
50 upvotes
Montreal
MonsieurMax wrote: Anyway, I was on 30Mbits for 63.95$/month (since my 10$ off for 12 months was over) with 130GB limit. Now I got 120Mbits for 61.95$ per month for 12 months with unlimited bandwidth!! I'm pretty happy! I'm getting 134Mbits (16.4 MB/s) even! (Steam/Uplay downloads).
Did they apply a promo to give you the 61.95$? I see 74.95$ on their website? Also do you have other services with Videotron or just the internet?
Aug 29, 2007
696 posts
295 upvotes
Montreal
Just called them and went from Fibe 30 unlimited bandwidth to Fibe 120 unlimited bandwidth for 3$ cheaper. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2012
1858 posts
627 upvotes
TO
Ha, whatever happened to their hardball stance from a few years ago "we don't want cheap customers, so we'll keep our prices high because we're better than the rest"

Glad to see they're reconsidering their approach and became a bit more competitive than in the past.

IMHO, Bell's student internet is a better deal atm. It comes with 350GB but if you negotiate a little bit, they add 400GB. So you get 750GB with 50 mbits symetrical for 60$. 750GB isn't unlimited but it's close enough. When the deal runs out after 9 months, just call in and argue, they'll put the price back, that's what we do every year.
Wins
2015: 69.99$
May 30, 2006
481 posts
393 upvotes
I just called Videotron and they offered me the $75 per month deal for the first 12 months. This was without taking an extra service as indicated on their website. The modem is free but they wanted to charge me $60 for installation. After a tiny bit of gently prodding they waived the fee so it is effectively the same monthly price as ebox. Although ebox still charges for the modem and installation.

Side note, I'm currently an Acanac customer and just called them to cancel. They said they are in the process of redoing their promos and pricing but that there is no timeline.
Dec 17, 2005
373 posts
217 upvotes
Chicoutimi, Qc
Totalmayhem wrote: Did they apply a promo to give you the 61.95$? I see 74.95$ on their website? Also do you have other services with Videotron or just the internet?
Yep, I heard the lady said she had to apply a rebate to my account for the next 12 months. I do not have any other services with them, only internet! Good luck!
Feb 23, 2010
128 posts
162 upvotes
TechJunk wrote: I upvoted OP. Don't want to deal with TekSavvy or any other reseller, mainly because the stories I read about customer service with them...
For me, this is a super hot deal... I was previously on Fibe 60 with a 300 gig extra data plan and transferred over to a Fibe 120 with unlimited internet for $2 a month more ($79.99 since $74.99 is only apparently for new members).
And my experience is that Videotron is always rock solid, never had issues with them.
I was with TekSavvy QC for a couple years and at least from my experience their customer service was really good, I just switched to Bell because they offered me a great price for TV + Internet.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis

I'm also happy with 10 Mps but we're only 2 and we don't download much (little for my gf and average for me). But we might upgrade if we ever goes with some online TV service (we only have interior antenna). Also, our child is growing up...
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Sep 30th, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)