Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2002
1447 posts
Toronto

Viet/Thai fondue & grill restaurant at Yonge/Bloor

I went there on Sunday night (I wanted turkey though!!). The place is located on Yonge a bit south of Bloor. It's across the street from Green Mango and the Brass rail =/ It's basically very similar to korean bbq as you get a grill and it's all you can eat. Their meats are marinated/seasoned differently but still taste good. We got the dinner special which was $15-16 plus taxes and you get beef, beef ribs, salmon, lamb, shrimp, mussels, chicken, fish, tongue, liver, and a few other items. You also get appetizers like soba noodles, pad thai, kimchi, rice, 2 other kinds of noodles, and a ton of different sauces. I ended up eating mainly the beef and the ribs the whole night. Not a huge fan of the seafood there. They also have fondue on their menu as well.

According to my cousin the place is pretty new (few weeks or so) so maybe that would account for the somewhat slow service. Also the waiters didn't have a real uniform or anything so it was hard to tell who was actually a waiter. Eventually some new girl came in for her shift and she was really nice and quick. I noticed a lot of the waiters running and jumping down stairs (there's one part of the restaurant that's a bit higher than the rest). That was pretty amusing. Overall, I thought the food was decent but I probably wouldn't pay $20 ish dollars to go there again. I'd rather go to kbbq, pay a bit more for all you can eat sushi or go to Green Mango across the street.