Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WIND Mobile

Locked: Wind Pay as you go -- Free Incoming Calls

• Last Updated:
  • May 2nd, 2019 6:04 pm
Tags:
1836 replies
Sep 8, 2007
417 posts
395 upvotes
I'm curious, it says "Limited time offer", what does that mean?

If I sign up, will at some point I get charged $10/mnth or as long as I signup now, it'll be free incoming, forever?
Jun 9, 2006
836 posts
85 upvotes
Thornhill
I am pretty sure 'limited time offer' means that in the future, it will not be free anymore.

The prepaid mobile stick is very interesting too, $2/hr with a max of $5/day. This sounds really good for people who want it very infrequently.
Aug 15, 2007
215 posts
182 upvotes
North York
Hiya

I found this in the fine print for this deal

For a limited time, new Pay Your Way customers get even more gab with our free unlimited incoming calls offer. Here's how it works:

Pay Your Way customers will receive our Unlimited Incoming Calls Add-on for free as a part of their new service. This add-on allows you to receive calls from anywhere within WIND’s network coverage area. Regular pay-per-use rates will apply when outside of WIND’s network coverage area.
Customers must keep their account in good financial standing in order to keep the free Unlimited Incoming Calls Add-on or any other bonus service given as a part of this promo.

URL is http://www.windmobile.ca/en/Pages/FreeI ... mk=2080177

So it looks like it is forever
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2005
5701 posts
3662 upvotes
GTA
Throw in the $5 unlimited Canada/US text option and you basically have a very good $5/month service.

That's a much better deal than even SpeakOut if I'm not getting things wrong here. That's not counting the limited Wind network coverage part.

/edit

I forgot to take into account top up amounts/length. Still pretty decent
Dec 17, 2010
697 posts
263 upvotes
SonicSam wrote: I'm curious, it says "Limited time offer", what does that mean?

If I sign up, will at some point I get charged $10/mnth or as long as I signup now, it'll be free incoming, forever?

It is free as long as you keep your account in good standing. Thats what I have been told by CS rep at Wind store when I signed up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
Dave98 wrote: Throw in the $5 unlimited Canada/US text option and you basically have a very good $5/month service.

That's a much better deal than even SpeakOut if I'm not getting things wrong here. That's not counting the limited Wind network coverage part.

It is a much better deal considering you also need to pay $1.25 for SO 911 fee. The only thing SO has as an advantage is the 1 year expiry on top-ups.
Dec 17, 2010
697 posts
263 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: Throw in the $5 unlimited Canada/US text option and you basically have a very good $5/month service.

/edit

I forgot to take into account top up amounts/length. Still pretty decent

Wind does not charge roaming within their network. Also no long distance charge like Speakout. You pay 20c/min for calling Canada/Us wide in Wind Zone. Outside Wind zone, rates are similar to Speakout.
Nov 21, 2009
907 posts
255 upvotes
Surrey
They had this before. Been using this service for 3 months and I like it :) used 10 dollars so far! keke

ps. free incoming texts also, at least with my plan. I am sure all WIND customers get free incoming text?
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
3274 posts
2144 upvotes
Montréal, QC
WIND, please come to Montreal :(
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5697 upvotes
Ottawa
can I use fido cellphone?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
3393 posts
641 upvotes
Cowtown
Nice, but looks like I have to pay for the phone that would work on Wind.

Does anybody know whether any other non-Wind phones that would work on Wind. I'm on SO, but free in-coming is something I'd love to get (if it means that you can receive calls from ANY network and over-seas, as long as you are in Wind Zone?)
Your mental health matters. Every step you take towards self-care and seeking support is a powerful investment in your well-being. You have the strength and resilience to overcome any challenges and thrive in your journey towards better mental health
Jun 7, 2009
311 posts
525 upvotes
Toronto
Back in Oct Wind had the free incoming deal on their prepaid if you signed up for one of their monthly services (ie voicemail for $5/month) as a permanent deal as long as you kept the additional service. Then in Nov it switched to be free for everyone with the limited time offer disclaimer.

One thing I'll mention that might help anyone considering it is with the message center. While voicemail is extra they do provide texts alerting you to a missed call for free. I never saw that mentioned on their website when I switched.

Some people have mentioned SpeakOut and I was happily with them until I made the switch to Wind and had an absolute nightmare with the port. Wind switched my wind number that I had just gotten (gave me a new one) because their CSR was an idiot. The port failed. A month later with no advance warning they retried and the port went through so I woke up to my SpeakOut phone not working. An hour on the phone later it turns out Wind did try to call me but they never thought to use the number I was porting in to call me. The money on my Wind phone had expired so it took 4 days before they could fix the account which was stuck in limbo... my phone didn't work for those days.

For anyone considering porting out from SpeakOut to Wind you have to:-
1) Call SpeakOut and set a password for your account (a system account password, not a voicemail password) tell them you're going to port out (best CSR's I've ever dealt with)
2) When you talk to Wind bypass the CSR you get and insist on getting someone in "the backroom" (these are the people who actually do it rather than just type the request in)
3) They usually ask for an IMEI number which can cause problems with the port because SpeakOut records the IMEI # of the phone you originally got from them (which many of us swapped out) but they might also have the IMEI of the last phone you used on their system. INSTEAD, give them your SpeakOut account number which is your phone number AND the password you created. Wind will be confused: INSIST that the account number IS the phone number!
4) Explain to Wind that you are with SpeakOut which is the BRAND name, the ACTUAL name is Ztar Mobile and they operate on the Rogers network.
5) Tell Wind they have to MANUALLY do the port as there`s no computerized arrangement and give them SpeakOut`s general phone number.

Then sit back and be prepared to wait. Make sure you have enough money and expiration time in SpeakOut because this might take upwards of a month. Some people have ported out to Rogers then ported in to Wind and been reimbursed because it`s so difficult for Wind to do this right (you`re speaking to someone overseas who isn`t use to our mobile phone companies).
Feb 1, 2007
861 posts
167 upvotes
Aurora
That's nice. anywhere to get a cheap phone?
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1310 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
Their "Social Data" is $5/month, 50MBs. Would this be the same data that you get for their normal data plans (unlike Speakout's Unlimited Browsing add-on for $10)?
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
hlzhang wrote: That's nice. anywhere to get a cheap phone?

if only they have better phone selection? my rogers pay go expires in februrary and i want to hop over to wind
Jul 19, 2006
625 posts
299 upvotes
Perhaps a stupid question... but would I be to sign up for this plan and just receive a SIM that I could use with my unlocked Samsung GIO (curently being used with SO wireless)? Thanks.
Banned
Oct 28, 2006
8289 posts
1011 upvotes
Thornhill
alander wrote: Perhaps a stupid question... but would I be to sign up for this plan and just receive a SIM that I could use with my unlocked Samsung GIO (curently being used with SO wireless)? Thanks.

Samsung GIO doesn't work on WIND
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1310 posts
417 upvotes
Ottawa
alander wrote: Perhaps a stupid question... but would I be to sign up for this plan and just receive a SIM that I could use with my unlocked Samsung GIO (curently being used with SO wireless)? Thanks.

If you have a phone that works with Wind's network, I don't see why you can't do that. I don't think the GIO works with Wind though.
Jan 17, 2010
425 posts
170 upvotes
sonyHdr12 wrote: can I use fido cellphone?

sorry.NO

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)