Site Comments & Suggestions

***Current Login System Issues*** (January 30)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2013 9:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2010
2502 posts
575 upvotes

***Current Login System Issues*** (January 30)

We are currently experiencing multiple issues with our login system stemming from a system update. We know that this is a very frustrating situation and are working as quickly as possible to resolve the problems.

The system update is part of a planned update to make RedFlagDeals.com logins compatible with Yellow Pages user IDs. Please be aware that this does NOT change your RedFlagDeals.com user name or require that new/additional information be collected. We recognize that we did not provide messaging alerting users to this upcoming change and offer our sincere apologies for this oversight.

For most users, the transition should be relatively seamless (the current need to login repeatedly notwithstanding). That being said, a small portion of our userbase may be impacted more significantly:

- Although no RedFlagDeals.com displayed usernames will change, your login name may need to be updated to conform to the following...
  • 6-50 total characters (letters and or numbers)
  • No special characters (Underscores, spaces, periods etc.)
This only impacts the login name and not your displayed name on RedFlagDeals.com. You will, for instance, still be able to login normally with your email address (user@gmail.com // password etc.). This may not impact you if you have accepted previous updates to our terms and conditions. If you are already able to login now, you should be in the free and clear.

These are the issues that we have identified and are working on:

Status Updates
[table="width: 100%, class: grid"]
[tr]
[td="width:10%"]Date/Time (Eastern)[/td]
[td="width:90%"]Status Update[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Mar 22 4:00pm[/td]
[td]Windows Live accounts should now be able to log in. See here[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Mar 12 2:00pm[/td]
[td]A release was actually done back on Feb 20 which addressed a number of the oustanding issues.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]Feb 6 3:20pm[/td]
[td]The team continues to investigate options for Windows Live users. It's a complex situation and we're trying to find the best solution with lowest impact to users[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[td]Please see this post for older status updates[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Issue List [table="width: 100%, class: grid"]
[tr]
[td="width:33%"]Image
Issue resolved[/td]
Issue partially resolved/unconfirmed[/td]
Unresolved issue[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
[table="width: 100%, class: grid"]
[tr]
[td]#[/td]
[td]Item[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Status[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]1[/td]
[td]Unable to access Windows Live linked accounts[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]All Windows Live accounts should now be able to log in after following these steps[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]2[/td]
[td]Logging in does not actually log user in[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]If you're returned to the page without being logged in and no error message, try logging in with your account email address. After, you may need to verify your account via the email confirmation or try resetting your password. If neither option allows you to log into your account, please contact support[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]3[/td]
[td]Some users getting error when changing password[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Issue should be resolved - no users should get a generic unable to update password message[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]4[/td]
[td]"remember me" does not work (need to login repeatedly)[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]A second fix was deployed Jan 18 which also addressed logins via Facebook. We believe the "remember me" function should now fully work as expected. Let us know if this is not the case.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]5[/td]
[td]Some users appear logged in as "fizzinto"[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]This should not happen anymore. It is our understanding that this was a display issue and that users were not actually being LOGGED IN as this user.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]6[/td]
[td]Users unable to log in on mobile[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]This should now work. Users who sign up via Facebook connect may still have issues. This is not likely to be an immediate fix, as facebook login on mobile actually never existed.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]7[/td]
[td]"IDX_UNIQUE_CUSTOMERS_EMAIL_ADDRESS" error[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]This should now be resolved (Jan 18 4:00pm Eastern). If you still experience this issue, please let us know.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]8[/td]
[td]Users being logged out unexpectedly[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Some users still report experiencing this problem. Please clear your cookies and try again. If the issue persists, please report to us as much information as possible (including, how long you were logged in for, were you actively browsing, on what page were you shown as logged out, etc.)[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]9[/td]
[td]"User Thanks" page is not styled properly[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]This issue has been confirmed but we want to focus on investigating/fixing other issues first[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]10[/td]
[td]Alerts/Cash Back page not working for members[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]This issue has been partially fixed, but the fix is not yet released on the production site[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]11[/td]
[td]Getting invalid username/password even though it's valid[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Some users have a legacy link reference causing the account lookup to always fail, since the matching credentials are non-existent.[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]12[/td]
[td]User location and/or timezone being reset after login[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Users are reporting that they can change their location/timezone but upon re-logging in it will reset to some other value[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]13[/td]
[td]"Last unread" indicators are inaccurate[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Multiple users have reported that the "last unread" link as well as "bold indicators" for unread discussions are inaccurate, and this appears to be a new problem reported by users[/td]
[/tr]
[tr]
[td]14[/td]
[td]Unable to edit user options/preferences[/td]
[td]Image[/td]
[td]Item is fixed[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve these issues.
For all community related matters, please PM TomRFD
720 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
You guys should have put up a Global announcement on the board or send out an email letting users know of the maintenance work, so they don't freak out.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
1363 posts
201 upvotes
Agreed ^ Saw this too late...

Hope the new "login" works still after the fixes. Or the old one works as it did before..
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2010
5895 posts
2731 upvotes
Markham
Every time I click on forums I have to login :cry:
Nov 26, 2003
352 posts
7 upvotes
East York
ah... a little too late as i didn't know and had to change my username and password.... if it can be reverted back please let me know... as i didn't want to change it.
Jan 14, 2013
4 posts
Is all of our history gone now? I can't use my own nick..I had to register with this nick just to post/ask how do I get my info back? ...I had a lot of stuff subscribed etc...
Banned
Sep 24, 2006
4699 posts
206 upvotes
I'm getting the logging out problem too. I can handle it, my only request is you don't make it mandatory for everyone to use facebook for logging in, and it ends up being one of those auto share on facebook things, where people can see my activity. That would be the quickest way to have me stop posting.
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10083 posts
1417 upvotes
Getting logged out as well, on the latest version of firefox.

Man, why did we have to do this new forum format anyway? I hate how we can't hit tab -> then enter to post replies.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
Login isn't working on the Touch or Mobile sites. Works fine if I use the Desktop site from my phone, though.
Sep 30, 2001
30147 posts
10132 upvotes
Toronto
In response to Kaitlyn's request for more info:

I have 2 PCs both with the same issue. One is running XP, the other Win 7. Both have FireFox 18.0 running, and both are getting logged out.
Rehan wrote: Login isn't working on the Touch or Mobile sites. Works fine if I use the Desktop site from my phone, though.
Yep I have this issue as well (iOS 6.02).

edit: i do not login via Facebook (i'm not even sure if my account is linked to FB either; I hope not!)
Be kind and civil with one another
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11902 posts
1733 upvotes
GVR
Rehan wrote: Login isn't working on the Touch or Mobile sites. Works fine if I use the Desktop site from my phone, though.
Are you connected via Facebook - hit the facebook icon to login on desktop?
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
Kaitlyn wrote: Are you connected via Facebook - hit the facebook icon to login on desktop?
No, just regular username and password. I'm on Android ICS.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6145 posts
886 upvotes
Greely
Same thing is happening with me... using Chrome on JellyBean 4.1.1. I don't use FB login.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2009
10900 posts
403 upvotes
GT&A
Test
troll: someone you dislike, fear or do not comprehend...
11b guide
When the doorbell rings, it's just a request. You are not a dog, it is not a command, only a request. You are not in church, you are at home. No guilt.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
This is a really sneaky way to double the number of registered users at RFD. ;)
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…
So I'm not the only one having this problem... I though RFD was brokened. I try to put duct tape on my monitor to fix but no work. Using firesfox 18.0

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)