Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
The Brick

The Brick - Tempur-Pedic Mattress + Boxspring for $1299.97+Tax

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2012 7:58 pm
Jul 18, 2011
120 posts
84 upvotes
Ottawa

[The Brick] The Brick - Tempur-Pedic Mattress + Boxspring for $1299.97+Tax

http://www1.thebrick.com/brickb2c/jsp/c ... navCount=1

Took the flyer and PM at Sleep Country. Was able to get them to match the Contour version for $1299.97 + additional 5% off so the total came up to be $1234.97+tax. Not a bad deal for Tempur-Pedic Mattress given that they rarely going on sale.
19 replies
Nov 12, 2012
8 posts
CHARLESBOURG
This seems good but I'm not sure they are the best memory foam mattress products on the market
Jun 1, 2007
118 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
Which do you think is the best foam mattress? I am in the market for one.

Thanks!
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
I hate sleeping on anything that isn't tempur pedic now... going to hotels stinks, I've only ever been in one that had tempur mattresses.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
BinaryJay wrote: I hate sleeping on anything that isn't tempur pedic now... going to hotels stinks, I've only ever been in one that had tempur mattresses.
tempurpedic or memory foam?

i ended up getting a sealy optimum cava. the memory foam(tempurpedic specifically) was very comfy but felt 'wierd'. like everytime i moved there was a delay and then i sunk into the bed.

the sealy is memory foam, but has a stiffer piece of foam in the middle(instead of the bottom i guess) and it seems to give like 90% of the same feel of the tempurpedic i tried, but without that wierd delay feeling.

i can't say i'm very picky about beds though. and i was planning on ordering one of the novaform mattresses from costco, i just wanted to try out some other memory foam beds to figure out if i liked a soft or firm mattress. but i found the sealy for about 400less than the 'soft' novaform i would have ordered. i still kind of wonder what the novaform would have felt like, but i'm finding the sealy quite comfy
Jul 18, 2011
120 posts
84 upvotes
Ottawa
nacnud wrote: Which do you think is the best foam mattress? I am in the market for one.

Thanks!
After trying almost all the memory form mattress out there, I personally enjoy tempur over the others. However, whether or not it is the "best form mattress" is a very subjective matter. Just like many people would say Canada Goose are grossly overpriced and one can get similar quality products for half its price.

In addition, unlike most mattress vendors, Tempur actually provide a comparison tool on its website to let you compare its products which makes price comparison a much simpler task. Originally when I took the Bricks flyer to Sleep Country, the sale rep was trying to convince me The model Bricks has on sale (Tempur-Profile) is the equalivent to the Tempur-Simplicity (regular price at $1699.99). However, after using the comparison tool I was able show the equilvent product should be the Tempur-Contour ($1999.99).
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
kamascottra wrote: tempurpedic or memory foam?

i ended up getting a sealy optimum cava. the memory foam(tempurpedic specifically) was very comfy but felt 'wierd'. like everytime i moved there was a delay and then i sunk into the bed.

the sealy is memory foam, but has a stiffer piece of foam in the middle(instead of the bottom i guess) and it seems to give like 90% of the same feel of the tempurpedic i tried, but without that wierd delay feeling.

i can't say i'm very picky about beds though. and i was planning on ordering one of the novaform mattresses from costco, i just wanted to try out some other memory foam beds to figure out if i liked a soft or firm mattress. but i found the sealy for about 400less than the 'soft' novaform i would have ordered. i still kind of wonder what the novaform would have felt like, but i'm finding the sealy quite comfy
Tempurpedic is what I've been sleeping on for about 5 years, it's hard to go back. I've not tried any other "tempurpedic-like" ones but I do know that the tempur is great and still is good as new after all these years. I have no idea what "kind" it is, it is a queen and the best price I could find anywhere on it back then was around $1500.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
1884 posts
124 upvotes
Calgary
I've tried Tempurpedic but bought the iComfort instead. After 6 months and I have no complaint.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2008
1011 posts
104 upvotes
I own this mattress (tempur contour), and this is a good price.
300 outgoing - Unlimited incoming - 6PM evenings - VP - 6GB - 1,000 LD = 42.50 + GRRF + tx
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1576 posts
697 upvotes
So is the contour version better? Or is the intent of the PM at SC to get the additional 5%?
Aug 9, 2008
578 posts
345 upvotes
Wish discount was applicable to the king set. Unfortunately it's just the queen that's on sale :(
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
1576 posts
697 upvotes
corvax wrote: Wish discount was applicable to the king set. Unfortunately it's just the queen that's on sale :(
The king set is $1999. I thought that was a sale price as well?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2003
1161 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
corvax wrote: Wish discount was applicable to the king set. Unfortunately it's just the queen that's on sale :(
it is... you're saving $700 on the KING+Box Spring Package.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2003
1161 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone else see the 5.34lbs/3ft foam density? What the hell is that? Is that supposed to be cubic feet? or 3 feet? I hope cubic feet because that would make sense with density. However, they might be pulling a fast by hoping we assume.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1439 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
ck1223 wrote: Anyone else see the 5.34lbs/3ft foam density? What the hell is that? Is that supposed to be cubic feet? or 3 feet? I hope cubic feet because that would make sense with density. However, they might be pulling a fast by hoping we assume.
that's gotta be cubic feet. tempur always seems to use high density foam(part of why they charge so much)
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2001
1864 posts
838 upvotes
Oakville
Bought the Tempur-pedic BellaFina 10" King size with 2 x neck pillows, box spring, metal bed frame with assembly, delivery, mattress cover for $2,660 taxes in at Sears.
Regular price is $3800 + tax for mattress, 2 neck pillows, and mattress cover
Jul 18, 2011
120 posts
84 upvotes
Ottawa
majikstic wrote: So is the contour version better? Or is the intent of the PM at SC to get the additional 5%?
Looking at the Tempurpedic website comparison, the contour seems to be identical to the profile with some minor variances (same density, thickness, etc.). The reason I went with the sleep country was because the 5% additional discount + free delivery (the brick sales told me I need to get a brick credit card to get the free delivery).
Aug 10, 2006
39 posts
20 upvotes
Beloeil
Just bought at "Dormez Vous Boucherville" a PosturPedic Contour queen size for 1100$ + tax with free shipping. At this price, box spring is included, the clerk told me that it's 100$ less without box spring. I just told the Brick price and he replied me, i can sell it for 1100$. So i'm now a proud PosturPedic owner :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)