Sports & Recreation

Vince Carter officially traded?!! Mother****ers!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 20th, 2004 10:48 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
poppa wrote:there's going to be a tribute to VC on ESPN Classic Canada, hopefully, someone can capture that and release it on BT/usenet.

http://tsn.ca/tsn/news_story.asp?id=108461
When?? I'll try to capture it.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
6 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:When?? I'll try to capture it.

I couldn't find, it anyone find it ? . Thanks degenerate.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
wanted wrote:I couldn't find, it anyone find it ? . Thanks degenerate.
You can catch the magic once more in Tribute to Vince-Sanity: The 2000 NBA Slam Dunk Competition, Thursday, Dec. 23 at 7pm et/4pm pt
Meh it's the darn dunk competition from 4 years ago. I'm sure we've all seen it many times already. It would be nice if they include some game highlights through out the years. I'll still try to capture it...I've never captured anything before so I'm sure I'll fail at it :lol: I've got a PVR so I'll record it and worry about it later.
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Aug 7, 2004
98 posts
the knicks did have a offer on the table.. to the knicks: carter and rose.. to the raps: tim thomas and kenny hardaway which would save them 15 million dollars.
The 2 picks 1st 1 from denver and thats lottery protected from 1-3 with the way the nuggets are playing right now we'll get that pick and the 2nd pick is fron philly and thats lottery protected from 1-8 and 1-5 the next year, so the raptors will probally get 2 high 1st round picks.
leafs and raptors!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6363 posts
330 upvotes
Toronto
i heard we saved about $30 million in this trade.....is there any good ppl whos a free agent this summer?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
8946 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto
SwiZz wrote:i heard we saved about $30 million in this trade.....is there any good ppl whos a free agent this summer?
thers lots of good people but i doubt theyll wanna join us..
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3983 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty much the entire Seattle team. Other than that, nope.

Don't think we have a chance at luring many quality free agents to Toronto. Other than rafer, who else have we gotten recently? I don't remember.
Banned
Feb 15, 2004
10735 posts
6 upvotes
SwiZz wrote:i heard we saved about $30 million in this trade.....is there any good ppl whos a free agent this summer?

That's good, but who would really want to come to Toronto?
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
wanted wrote:That's good, but who would really want to come to Toronto?
No one except maybe Yao Ming because all the asians are here. The Raptors should fold.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3983 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
dvdvideo wrote:Toronto isn't that bad, I doubt players see it nearly as bad a light as you guys think. It's a full sized city with all the amenities of a large american city.
You think playing in Denver or Minnesota is that much different?
In the eyes of these NBAers? YES!
Just look at Anotonio Davis. He didn't want his kids learning Canadian stuff. He would much rather have them be brainwashed in the American education system where they don't have to actually think for themselves.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
3831 posts
27 upvotes
On the subject of players wanting/not wanting to play in Canada...Vince was also the best recruiter the team could have. An all-star player that could help persuade others to come play with him.
i think this line's mostly filler
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2001
2049 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Hanniganite wrote:On the subject of players wanting/not wanting to play in Canada...Vince was also the best recruiter the team could have. An all-star player that could help persuade others to come play with him.
except he never did it

i remember when T-mac left, Vince would not confirm that he would be staying, and that was huge cause it cost us a chance at cuttino mobley and rashard lewis

and after that we never had the cap space to pursue any big name free agents, and then he got injured

just look at his charity all-star game roster...first year he actually had all-stars

last summer it was like...an intra-squad scrimmage game for the raptors
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2003
4289 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
milhaus wrote:If that goes down, I'll eat my Charles Oakley jersey.
Dude, can you take a pic of you chewing on a sleeve?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)