6153 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto

Vince Carter - Soon to be a Daddy!!

Dec. 13, 2004. 12:51 PM

Fatherhood looming for Carter

CANADIAN PRESS

Vince Carter is going to be a dad.

The Toronto Raptors star guard/forward and wife Ellen Rucker are expecting their first child, Carter's spokesperson Jeff Scott confirmed Monday.

The baby is due in early June.

Carter and Rucker, a chiropractor and his college sweetheart at North Carolina, were married July 3 in Palm Beach, Fla.

Carter and Rucker had initially parted company after university but reunited at the wedding of Washington Wizards star Antawn Jamison, Carter's good friend and former teammate with the Tar Heels. Jamison married Rucker's younger sister Ione.

Carter spent his second straight game on the Raptors' injured list when the team hosted the Miami Heat on Sunday. Carter has a strained left Achilles tendon and must sit out another three games.
Congrats to the best Raptor ever!!! :D

I'd be most suprised if a VC hater can manage to say anything bad about this.....for god's sake dont start commenting on how having a baby is going to make him a worse player or some crap lol :razz:
7 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
5 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
deep wrote:Fantastic, he's just added "I didn't get to sleep last night because of the baby" to his ever-growing list of excuses.
It should be "I didn't get to sleep last night becuase of the baby... oh well *shrug*" Vintage Carter
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
6435 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
Another thing for him to smile and joke around about on the bench about when his team is losing and fuming and wanting to punch his smiling face.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
5 upvotes
Vince rules!!! His unborn baby is already a 1000x better basketball player than all the VC bashers. :D
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Guru
Mar 17, 2004
11327 posts
5 upvotes
Mountain View, CA
Degenerate wrote:Vince rules!!! His unborn baby is already a 1000x better basketball player than all the VC bashers. :D
Image :cheesygri Sorry, couldn't resist to use your new avatar. :P
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
3998 posts
334 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Congrats Vince!